Graham vs Wise Central Region D Championship

Graham32

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Fellas, I just finished watching Appo vs. Glenvar and I think whoever comes out of D has a good chance to beat Appo.  I think the top 5 or 6 teams in D could compete  with Appo and Gretna this year.  They are solid and have a good defense, but Glenvar's offense is very vanilla.  I like our chances boys!!  Whoever comes out of D, we need to show up loud and proud down at Appo (or Gretna) next week.  

A few of the guys on the other site have all said that region C was down so u may be right.

One of Appo's fans always live streams their games.  Can probably catch their game against Gretna on Friday night.  I'll try to post a link on friday.

Glenvar's qb had a lot of time to throw in passing situations, but threw a lot of incompletions and broken up passes.  Give Lester that time in the pocket and he will make them pay.

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

One of Appo's fans always live streams their games.  Can probably catch their game against Gretna on Friday night.  I'll try to post a link on friday.

Glenvar's qb had a lot of time to throw in passing situations, but threw a lot of incompletions and broken up passes.  Give Lester that time in the pocket and he will make them pay.

Definitely post if you can. And I agree that C isn't as strong as D.

Just now, Union_Fan said:

Definitely post if you can. And I agree that C isn't as strong as D.

Will Do.  My plan is to be eating turkey and stuffing sandwiches and watching the Appo and Gretna game.  I'll share the link.  The lady that live streams the games is pretty consistent, let's hope she doesn't let us down.  She usually goes live about 20 minutes before gametime, so as soon as she goes live, I'll put up the link.

I think this game may be closer than most think. central has 3 solid backs that can run the ball well. They beat Union at their own game. Smash mouth ground and pound. Everyone had Union locked in once Lomax went down so obviously it was a Polier show. That’s not the key with Central. I picked Central last week in a non-upset, I’m going with them again this week. Good luck to both teams, I think it will be a great game to attend. Safe travels for Central players and fans. 

58 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I think this game may be closer than most think. central has 3 solid backs that can run the ball well. They beat Union at their own game. Smash mouth ground and pound. Everyone had Union locked in once Lomax went down so obviously it was a Polier show. That’s not the key with Central. I picked Central last week in a non-upset, I’m going with them again this week. Good luck to both teams, I think it will be a great game to attend. Safe travels for Central players and fans. 

I'm not ready to say Central wins but I do believe this will be a great game. The weather on Saturday could play a role in the outcome. After watching some of Central's game film I hope Graham doesn't take them lightly. They seem to execute well on offense and get to the ball in a hurry on defense. Should be a good contest. Safe travels to all the fans attending the game!

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Central is dangerous,  they don't know they're not supposed to be there.  Young and hungry, hope it's enough,  good luck.

I think what you say could be an advantage for Graham. Central.is young and they don't have the big playoff experience that Graham does. Young and hungry could work to Central’s advantage though I agree. We’ll see how they handle it. First ever Regional Championship game, that’s pressure and will they focused enough to not get caught up in the hype? Thus far, they’ve done well. They may surprise a lot of people and I definitely think Graham cannot take them lightly. I also believe the coaches at Graham won’t let their boys take Central lightly. Both teams well coached, hope it’s a great game with no injuries! Safe travels from Wise County! 

30 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Looking at the other side of the state.  King William and Thomas Jefferson look very good.  Region D winner will have a tough road ahead, but I like our chances.  Think we can play with any of them.

Stuart's Draft is equally as tough in Region B as the two teams you mentioned in Region A. 

26 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Looks like there is a good chance for rain on saturday.  Would rainy conditions benefit either team?

I think as long as it not a deluge and very light , shouldn’t be much of an issue except for us old people (speaking for myself only) who hate sitting in cold & wet rain to watch high school football. Rain can make things interesting, that football gets slippery to hold on to...Marion was horrible last year but on turf not as bad as pastureland. 

https://www.bdtonline.com/sports/edwards-kastner-master-the-havoc-for-g-men-defense/article_93e49464-1150-11ea-929c-cf212a402984.html

Great article on Edwards & Kastner; defense has been lights out lately and these two are a big part of that; great players & leaders. Hope that defense shows up big time Saturday! 

23 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

https://www.bdtonline.com/sports/edwards-kastner-master-the-havoc-for-g-men-defense/article_93e49464-1150-11ea-929c-cf212a402984.html

Great article on Edwards & Kastner; defense has been lights out lately and these two are a big part of that; great players & leaders. Hope that defense shows up big time Saturday! 

I’m out of articles. You can still read it barely though.

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Both of these boys will be greatly missed both on and off the field. I find myself watching them 99% of the time.

On my morning drive around the two Bluefield’s, noticed the GMen getting it done on this chilly Thanksgiving Day! I always heard championships are won during practice. Hope to see the GMen as Region D Champions! Happy Thanksgiving fellow board members! 

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Maybe a hip way to say W ??? As in Go Warriors??? I know George Wythe sometimes refers to themselves as G Dubs??? 

Possibly, I guess that makes a lil sense.  Its confused the heck out of me. People in Wise and Pound are hyped up.  I hated to be that guy asking what it meant