Tony Palmer is far classier than me. Should have put up 80 on em

Hokie1Pokie

You know, this morning after talking to some parents of the Graham players, they were happy as heck with the win, but very upset with the train horn with Graham standing at the line of scrimmage and well past being out of the huddle. That's about as low class as you can get.

Whoever the two or three FOOLS running the train horn were, I hope the decent people in Big Stone and Appy discipline or fire that guy. I have no problem with train horns. They are awesome. But sounding them when the opponent is at the line of scrimmage in the middle of the cadence? That's pathetic and even though it's the actions of a few, it reflects piss poorly on Union.

Incredible class by Tony who called the Dogs off in the late second after the acts of classlessness against his team and his kids. I would have put up 80. That type of beating would have forced the VHSL to take a look at the train horn DURING the CADENCE due to the amount of attention it would have recieved.

The Union AD and Coach Turner should issue an apology to Graham High School players, coaches, and fans. Will this happen? I doubt it, but it might. If it doesn't, Union will have dropped a notch in my book.

Horns are all good and blowing them tons of times is great. I wish Graham had one. But........blowing them during the cadence is absolutely sad, pathetic, and low class. This is why I titled Tony in the post. This dude is a damn class act! To show that kind of restraint speaks at his character and maturity level.

My COY for 2019. Tony "Bone" Palmer. A true class-act.

32 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

You know, this morning after talking to some parents of the Graham players, they were happy as heck with the win, but very upset with the train horn with Graham standing at the line of scrimmage and well past being out of the huddle. That's about as low class as you can get.

Whoever the two or three FOOLS running the train horn were, I hope the decent people in Big Stone and Appy discipline or fire that guy. I have no problem with train horns. They are awesome. But sounding them when the opponent is at the line of scrimmage in the middle of the cadence? That's pathetic and even though it's the actions of a few, it reflects piss poorly on Union.

Incredible class by Tony who called the Dogs off in the late second after the acts of classlessness against his team and his kids. I would have put up 80. That type of beating would have forced the VHSL to take a look at the train horn DURING the CADENCE due to the amount of attention it would have recieved.

The Union AD and Coach Turner should issue an apology to Graham High School players, coaches, and fans. Will this happen? I doubt it, but it might. If it doesn't, Union will have dropped a notch in my book.

Horns are all good and blowing them tons of times is great. I wish Graham had one. But........blowing them during the cadence is absolutely sad, pathetic, and low class. This is why I titled Tony in the post. This dude is a damn class act! To show that kind of restraint speaks at his character and maturity level.

Classless is calling for a coach to run it up,punishing young kids for what some dumbarse in the stands is doing.

10 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Classless is calling for a coach to run it up,punishing young kids for what some dumbarse in the stands is doing.

I've had it out with this guy all day on the other forum. That's his motto,  do as I say, not as I do.

It's classless to blow a horn against Graham's players, but not classless to run up the score on Union's. 

Just now, Union_Fan said:

I've had it out with this guy all day on the other forum. That's his motto,  do as I say, not as I do.

It's classless to blow a horn against Graham's players, but not classless to run up the score on Union's. 

When we defeated Graham I didn't see Union fans on here rubbing it in. Simply put act like you've won before. Graham is the defending state champion and showed us why. No excuses or whining from us. We got smoked. We all knew going in that Graham was the team to beat. It's a shame that such a great team has mouthpieces like that individual:( 

7 minutes ago, Unchained said:

When we defeated Graham I didn't see Union fans on here rubbing it in. Simply put act like you've won before. Graham is the defending state champion and showed us why. No excuses or whining from us. We got smoked. We all knew going in that Graham was the team to beat. It's a shame that such a great team has mouthpieces like that individual:( 

Like I told Mr @Gridiron60 (much respect BTW)Graham fans have been great and a class act except for this one. A lot of camaraderie between Graham and Union over the video last year, horns this year and playoff games we've had. All in good fun. This guy missed the boat.

Running up the score doesn’t help anything. If Palmer feels it was an unfair advantage then he likely talked to Union’s coach and AD after the game. There is never a good reason to run up the score, it does nothing but make the game that much tougher the next time you play. Palmer handled the game correctly, get the continuous clock running and then get your starters out.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

With all due respect ...

When you are wearing thin from other Graham fans it is time to stop!

Nope, I stand by the post Regardless of how popular it is or isn't. What Union did was WRONG and it shouldn't be allowed in High School Football.  It's laughable that in the year 2019, a team can actually blow a train horn while the opponent is calling the cadence. It's wrong and shouldn't be tolerated or allowed simply because the score was a blowout.

6 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

This years D for the GMen is better than the state champions of last year. The offense is better also , Cam was great but this TEAM is better

Graham's offense has multiple playmakers on offense. Devin Lester said it best, Graham isn't a one person team, everyone has a role. They played as a unit and defense was lights out. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. If the D performs Saturday like they did at Union, I think they will add 2019 Region D Championship to their résumé. 

I don’t know about this train horn. But these are high school kids. You don’t put 80 points on a high school team just for blowing a train horn. That is when things begin to get really chippy between both teams. You ought to know better than that. 

You are the only Graham fan on here complaining about it from the looks of things. 

You don’t help the reputation of your community or your fan base with this vitriol. It’s pretty bad when other Graham fans are telling you to stuff it. 

Palmer obviously has more class than you. You are right about that. 

If you a have a beef with the AD and you breaking rules, you don't take it out on Graham kids by sounding a train horn during the cadence. You can label me what you like, be it bad, the Devil, Manson, Jesus, or Ronald MacDonald. What Union did was wrong. You show great intensity with me saying Graham should not have put up 80, yet not much with the low class BS Union pulled on the Graham kids last night. I can be as unpopular as you wish. That's fine. What Union did was WRONG and nearly a day later, not ONE, not one has came out and stated, the train horn was uncool at the snap. 

2 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Graham came ready. Have heard nothing but good things about coach Palmer. Wish him luck down the road. The boys came ready.  Obviously the horn didn’t bother them. Your false starts we’re by the player farthest from it. But I could see you being that kind of coach. Then get run out of town when your star qb or other player get injured and out (God forbid that happen). You need to quit being a b!tch and change your tampon. Your team was clearly the better team. If anything, it’s made those boys better playing in a loud environment. You are just a pathetic person. Jeez. We congratulate you guys and wish you well down the road. Your just a punk that prolly got his lunch money taken as a kid and now have the bravery of the internet to be a big man. 

Once again, congrats graham and Palmer. 

You can just crawl back home and look in the mirror and tell yourself “I told those Union people!”  

Next time have some testicular fortitude and come say something yourself.  

3 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

If you a have a beef with the AD and you breaking rules, you don't take it out on Graham kids by sounding a train horn during the cadence. You can label me what you like, be it bad, the Devil, Manson, Jesus, or Ronald MacDonald. What Union did was wrong. You show great intensity with me saying Graham should not have put up 80, yet not much with the low class BS Union pulled on the Graham kids last night. I can be as unpopular as you wish. That's fine. What Union did was WRONG and nearly a day later, not ONE, not one has came out and stated, the train horn was uncool at the snap. 

Not a fan of either team but I have seen a lot of people on here talk about the horn in that way all season. 

I honestly don’t know where you have been. 

Those high school kids don’t have any control over some hot shot horn blower. Whatever that hot shot’s beef is with Graham shouldn’t have been taken out on the students. 

You are recommending the coach add fuel to the fire by running up the score. In doing so, you become the jerk in the situation. 

LoL what a baby. Richlands fans weren't too thrilled with the horn but they didn't act like a bratty child over it. 

Glad to see you've decided to become the moral arbiter of high school football. Whenever problems arise, we will just come to you for your wisdom and obvious moral superiority to everyone else. 

3 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Man just stop, you’re reaching and big time. We won the game, win with some class and act like we’ve been there before. Perfect example of why people think poorly of Graham fans 

13 minutes ago, bgibb said:

Man just stop, you’re reaching and big time. We won the game, win with some class and act like we’ve been there before. Perfect example of why people think poorly of Graham fans 

A horn is fine. A horn at the snap count is low class. Call that reaching, call me a bitch, call me what you like. A horn is fine. At the snap, not fine. That's the difference in Unions past horn use (which is awesome) and last nights use which was during the snap. 

Graham 48-7. Deep into this thread, not yet a mention of a Union poster saying it's low class. 

Like I wrote, put up 80 on em. Heck, I just upped it to 90. 

1 hour ago, Ol Dawg said:

You need to quit being a b!tch and change your tampon. Your team was clearly the better team. If anything, it’s made those boys better playing in a loud environment. You are just a pathetic person. Jeez. We congratulate you guys and wish you well down the road. Your just a punk that prolly got his lunch money taken as a kid.

You can just crawl back home and look in the mirror and tell yourself “I told those Union people!”  

Class act statement. Well done sir, well done

Update. Stay tuned. Evidently this one fan wasn't the only one upset at the horn during the cadence. Monday, Graham will file an official complaint with the VHSL not on the horn, but on the horns use during the cadence and snap.

Stay tuned.....we can revisit this thread Monday afternoon after the official complaint is sent, then we can talk about "who cares" about the use of the horn. Blow the horn and have fun. Blow it repeatedly during the cadence, and you will get dealt with. Union crossed the line. They also got shi* kicked 48-7

9 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

A horn is fine. A horn at the snap count is low class. Call that reaching, call me a bitch, call me what you like. A horn is fine. At the snap, not fine. That's the difference in Unions past horn use (which is awesome) and last nights use which was during the snap. 

Graham 48-7. Deep into this thread, not yet a mention of a Union poster saying it's low class. 

Like I wrote, put up 80 on em. Heck, I just upped it to 90. 

Again, people from your own fan base telling you to stuff it.