George Wythe @ Galax

Gridiron60

I think this could be a very good game. GW will come in riding high after teh win at Narrows and a chip on their shoulder from the last game.  So Galax will have to bring their A game.  

A couple of  new weapons has come to the forefront for Galax since the last game . Galax offense is really fun to watch as it is different every week as they take what the defense gives them and rolls with it as people who may have  contributed alot the prior week will have a big game the following week. 

9 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

The Tide need to be smacked in the mouth early ! Set the tone and take no prisoners . This is the end of the season for the MT. jmo

I would be shocked if the MT aren’t in Salem in 3 weeks. 

If Galax plays like they are capable of playing I think they will get the win again in a much more tightly contested game this go around. If Galax doesn't show up and just plays a half a$$  game they will be watching the rest of the playoffs

Galax handles GW....again.  The physicality of Galax will be too much for GW.  I will get slammed for saying it but GW beat a very average to above average Narrows team.  I know they were 10-0 but still just above average when looking at the big picture.  I'm sure everyone will point to the success Auburn had early on in the game; remember they are a triple option team, which takes discipline out of all 11 guys on Galax defense, 1 or 2 guys making a mistake can cause big issues when playing an option team.  Auburn has some skill guys and a QB that could read it well and make the plays giving them success early on.  However, Dixon took care of those issues before the 2nd quarter and that was all she wrote.  Narrows practically laid down mid 2nd quarter on and GW took advantage of a lot of Narrows mistakes.  This game may be tight through the 1st half but I think Galax adjusts at halftime (if needed) and rolls by at least 2 td's if not more.  Galax will then beat the winner of region D by 2 or 3 TD's; however they will get rolled by Riverheads in Salem by probably 3 TD's or more.  

If GW uses the same defense , the score will be as it was the first time they played. The physicality of the first game was something GW did not want any part of. GW wanted to tackle the runner after he ran by them instead of coming up and taking him on. GW had better get real physical or they will not have a chance.

6 hours ago, Maroons67 said:

If GW uses the same defense , the score will be as it was the first time they played. The physicality of the first game was something GW did not want any part of. GW wanted to tackle the runner after he ran by them instead of coming up and taking him on. GW had better get real physical or they will not have a chance.

I would like to see GW come out with 3 down lineman and add another skill player on D. make their lineman come out and block in space instead of easily blocking their 4 man front. will never happen though

9 hours ago, 44cov3 said:

Galax handles GW....again.  The physicality of Galax will be too much for GW.  I will get slammed for saying it but GW beat a very average to above average Narrows team.  I know they were 10-0 but still just above average when looking at the big picture.  I'm sure everyone will point to the success Auburn had early on in the game; remember they are a triple option team, which takes discipline out of all 11 guys on Galax defense, 1 or 2 guys making a mistake can cause big issues when playing an option team.  Auburn has some skill guys and a QB that could read it well and make the plays giving them success early on.  However, Dixon took care of those issues before the 2nd quarter and that was all she wrote.  Narrows practically laid down mid 2nd quarter on and GW took advantage of a lot of Narrows mistakes.  This game may be tight through the 1st half but I think Galax adjusts at halftime (if needed) and rolls by at least 2 td's if not more.  Galax will then beat the winner of region D by 2 or 3 TD's; however they will get rolled by Riverheads in Salem by probably 3 TD's or more.  

This 🔼