Score Updates-Regional Finals (11/29-30/2019)

tbgfan

Posting the final score for North Gwinnett/McEachern game I had mentioned earlier in the thread.  (NG is the school for my community, the game was broadcast locally and I watched it,  as I was posting scores.) 

North Gwinnett (11-1)  32

McEachern (12-0)  13

McEachern has players going to : AL (2commits) , Clemson,  Michigan ST. and FL

N. Gwinnett  players : North Carolina, Iowa , W. Carolina....also, a jr. defensive player (4 star) not committed

Great job Dawgs!!!

Prayers for safe travels for fans and teams traveling today.  

Will be listening to the Gmen/Central game 

What station is carrying this game

For now,  signing off to watch Clemson and SC.

GO TIGERS

12 hours ago, trublue said:

Posting the final score for North Gwinnett/McEachern game I had mentioned earlier in the thread.  (NG is the school for my community, the game was broadcast locally and I watched it,  as I was posting scores.) 

North Gwinnett (11-1)  32

McEachern (12-0)  13

McEachern has players going to : AL (2commits) , Clemson,  Michigan ST. and FL

N. Gwinnett  players : North Carolina, Iowa , W. Carolina....also, a jr. defensive player (4 star) not committed

Great job Dawgs!!!

It's amazing watching that much talent isn't it? Same way down in Florida. We came back to Kingsport for the holidays and went to Elizabethton vs Nolensville. After watching football in Florida most of the year, the lack of athleticism and overall speed was astounding last night. Cocoa lost in the Class 4A semis last 20-14 to The Bolles School from Jacksonville. We saw Cocoa earlier this year and they would Mercy Rule Betsy by halftime.  I will say however, that aside from the games at Vero Beach, the atmosphere in the Mountain Empire is way better. 

I agree in a sense with you, however, GA and FL populations, in the metro areas, are so large you've got an abundance of  talent to rotate in and out vs smaller population areas as in NETN and SWVA. Therefore, larger areas can sustain and manage  injuries to their team vs. smaller population schools where some injuries could  severely affect their ability to compete.  I enjoy following the teams in my GA region but I truly cherish the success of my SWVA/NETN/WV home teams in the playoffs. I AGREE FULLY the atmosphere in SWVA/WV and NETN is the best.

You mentioned the Bolles School ...that is where Chipper Jones played his high school ball.  In fact, a teacher (now an  administrator) at one of the private schools in Gwinnett was Chipper's FL coach in high school.

The best part,  you and your wife traveling  and getting to see a myriad of good/very good teams play high school football....nothing purer or better to watch than high school football !!!

Gar-Field Athletics Retweeted

Jon Beck @CoachJonBeck
Athlete’s Parents:
Support the entire team
Don’t compare their child’s abilities
Let the coach be the coach
Are humble/grateful
Let your child enjoy the game
Aren’t negative about the coach/other players
Help out where you can
Love your child through ups & downs
Leave refs alone

great state

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

#VHSL Football, Region 1D Finals, 8:49 left: Patrick Henry 0, J.I. Burton 0. PH facing 4th-and-3 at JIB 25. PH boss Mark Palmer just called timeout to mull it over. #HCFH

Cody Pruitt gets the first down for PH. Rebels have 1st-and-10 at JIB 20. #HCFH #VHSL

Rodney Young @yjake
It’s a very rainy day here at Galax HS- as Galax host Geo Wythe for Class 1- Region C football championship .

great state

#VHSL Football, Region 1D Finals, 5:32 left in 1st: Patrick Henry 8, J.I. Burton 0. Zach Brown's 6-yard TD run caps 13-play, 60-yard drive. Cody Smith goes in for the 2-point conversion. First offensive TD Burton has allowed in the playoffs. #HCFH

great state

#VHSL Football, Region 1D Finals, 3:17 left in 1st: Patrick Henry 8, J.I. Burton 0. JIB goes three-and-out on its first offensive possession. #HCFH

Marsel T. Mason @TheSel2
Essex 14 Rappahannock 7 2nd 5:40

great state

#VHSL Football, Region 1D Finals, End 1st Quarter: Patrick Henry 8, J.I. Burton 0. PH controlling the ball, controlling the clock and as a result the Rebels are in complete control of this game thus far. #HCFH

Kevin Mays Retweeted
 Tanner Cook  📰 @tcookJCPKTN
End 1Q: Patrick Henry 8, J.I. Burton 0. @tnsportslive @jibraiderslive

great state

26 minutes ago, trublue said:

I agree in a sense with you, however, GA and FL populations, in the metro areas, are so large you've got an abundance of  talent to rotate in and out vs smaller population areas as in NETN and SWVA. Therefore, larger areas can sustain and manage  injuries to their team vs. smaller population schools where some injuries could  severely affect their ability to compete.  I enjoy following the teams in my GA region but I truly cherish the success of my SWVA/NETN/WV home teams in the playoffs. I AGREE FULLY the atmosphere in SWVA/WV and NETN is the best.

You mentioned the Bolles School ...that is where Chipper Jones played his high school ball.  In fact, a teacher (now an  administrator) at one of the private schools in Gwinnett was Chipper's FL coach in high school.

The best part,  you and your wife traveling  and getting to see a myriad of good/very good teams play high school football....nothing purer or better to watch than high school football !!!

Absolutely. Population, demographics, spring football all play a big part. The decline of coal over the years has really hammered SWVA. We watched Union vs Richlands earlier this year and I reminisced about the powerful teams that these schools had back in the day.  The spirit and effort is still there, but overall the talent with an exception here and there is really down.

#VHSL Football, Region 1D Finals, 9:45 left in 2nd: Patrick Henry 16, J.I. Burton 0. The same formula for PH: Zach Brown on the TD run, Cody Smith on the two-pointer. #HCFH

Marsel T. Mason @TheSel2

Rappahannock 14 Essex 14 2nd 1:21

great state

#VHSL Football, Region 1D Finals, 7:15 left in 2nd: Patrick Henry 16, J.I. Burton 0. #HCFH

Allen Gregory @Greg_BHCSports
Galax takes 7/0 lead on george wythe as Denver brown goes 63 yards. #hcfh

Brian Woodson @BHCWoodson
Three plays, TD Graham 7-0 over Wise County Central #vhsl

great state