Graham vs Appomattox

Gridiron60

Graham 34

Appomattox 24.

As mentioned earlier, penalties and turnovers may turn things the other way.

The Raiders are already taking Graham seriously, their facebook page is urging people to come out and support them against a "truly tough adversary".  Graham had better bring their A game.  

24 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham 34

Appomattox 24.

As mentioned earlier, penalties and turnovers may turn things the other way.

The Raiders are already taking Graham seriously, their facebook page is urging people to come out and support them against a "truly tough adversary".  Graham had better bring their A game.  

Graham needs to bring their A+++++ game especially with Kiser out. I believe he starts on offense & defense. Graham needs fans to show up big time too! 

If Graham plays next Saturday like they did today it will be a long ride back to Bluefield. Blocking on the offensive line and on special teams was lacking to say the least. When you get that many holding penalties someone is getting beat and chasing the play. 

With that said, how in this world does Kiser of all kids lose his cool and get ejected? Of all the kids on this team to get ejected I would have bet my next paycheck it wouldn't have been him!!! 

Agree.  Kiser being out will hurt.  Somebody is going to have to step up.  Appomattox likes to run the ball a lot, that may play into the hands of Graham's defense.  Appomattox has a good defense also.  This has the potential to be a very good game.  I still like Graham's chances.  They are playing hard and that defense can be nasty when it wants to be.  Central's scores came from a long pass and after a turnover on Graham's own 6.  Otherwise, Central was held in check pretty well.  Appomattox shut down a Gretna team that relied heavily on the run and had a terrible effort passing the ball.  Graham presents their defense more problems running out of the spread I think than Appo's offense presents to Graham's defense.  Appo does have a very athletic QB and RB that can both make plays. They will be the 2nd best team Graham has played all season (Bluefield).  The best athlete on the field will be Devin Lester, although the Appomattox fans think it will be their QB, I'm sure.  Devin is a special player and I think he is the x-factor in this game that could turn things in Graham's favor.  

Both teams should be ready to perform! Graham seems to remind me of of 2016 team that was a machine. 

Could that 2016 team be beat...... many a good team lined up and went home with the “L” and a whooping at that. 

Appomattox will need to play their A game and and take care of the football. 

Graham is the champs but that don’t mean the Raiders ain’t coming for ya!!!!

2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

If Graham plays next Saturday like they did today it will be a long ride back to Bluefield. Blocking on the offensive line and on special teams was lacking to say the least. When you get that many holding penalties someone is getting beat and chasing the play. 

With that said, how in this world does Kiser of all kids lose his cool and get ejected? Of all the kids on this team to get ejected I would have bet my next paycheck it wouldn't have been him!!! 

Absolutely need to clean that up, for sure.  Offensive line coaches need to be working hard with this bunch this week.  I don't know of anybody who actually saw why Kiser was ejected.  Hopefully it was an over-reaction by the Ref and he will get to play next week.

Just now, BoBob said:

How does the fans of Graham travel? 

Should the concessions prepare for a large crowd? 

Traveled really well to state semis and finals last year.  I would expect visitors side at Appo to be full.  (If the weather was like it was today in Bluefield, that may cut down on the crowd a bit).  

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Traveled really well to state semis and finals last year.  I would expect visitors side at Appo to be full.  (If the weather was like it was today in Bluefield, that may cut down on the crowd a bit).  

I hope the weather is not like it was today. That was too wet & cold for me. I hope we pack out visitor's’ side which if I recall isn’t much seating compared to other places. 

I think Graham can weather a turnover or two with their offense, but Appo can't bc of their style. If G-Men get up by more than one score, it can snowball QUICK. Appo is long and athletic in the secondary so I think if Lester isn't careful, he could throw a couple picks. He's downright electric but he does heave the ball at times and against those athletes, that can be deadly. If Appo gets up and can control the ball and keep Graham off the field, they will win. 

If the score is over 50, Graham wins. Under 50, Appo wins. I think Graham probably more talented but Appo is more disciplined. Playing at home helps big time, but honestly Appo would be okay in Bluefield on the turf. 

I pick Graham, I'll take the veteran star QB over the youngster star QB for the Knights. Better get Appo this year bc it looks like they're gonna be even better going forward. 

Regardless, I believe the winner here is the favorite going forward. I don't think the teams left out East have consistently faced tough teams like the West, and both West teams have tenacious defenses and just as many athletes as any East team. 

The only result that would surprise me if Appo by 21+. Both teams can win close, but I don't believe Appo can beat Graham by 21+. It's highly unlikely Graham wins by 21+ but there's a very small percentage chance it could happen if Appo makes a couple mistakes early and gets down and abandons their gameplan. 

Whichever teams wins toss should take the ball. Appo wants to grind the clock, score first and make Graham play from behind. Graham wants to put up points and pressure Appo to open it up to catch up. 

Graham has a horrible day in horrible weather so they are undisciplined.  That undisciplined team is representing this region in the final four.  Where all the disciplined teams at?  Lot of cheap shots on the field today that weren’t called by Central.  Refs decide who’s disciplined and who’s undisciplined.  Let the coaching staff coach they seem to be doing just fine without your armchair qb advice.  I’m sure those coaches will correct the mistakes that were made.  Palmer and his staff didn’t get this far by being oblivious.  Hats off to the coaching staff and team.  Go Gmen!  

1 minute ago, Hard nosed said:

Graham has a horrible day in horrible weather so they are undisciplined.  That undisciplined team is representing this region in the final four.  Where all the disciplined teams at?  Lot of cheap shots on the field today that weren’t called by Central.  Refs decide who’s disciplined and who’s undisciplined.  Let the coaching staff coach they seem to be doing just fine without your armchair qb advice.  I’m sure those coaches will correct the mistakes that were made.  Palmer and his staff didn’t get this far by being oblivious.  Hats off to the coaching staff and team.  Go Gmen!  

I agree. It's bad for us fans to fuss when we win 43-14. Very true. 

What kind of offense does Appomattox normally run? Has Graham faced anyone comparable to them offensively speaking? As far as defense, Graham’s is playing very solid. Of course, offensively Graham has multiple ways to put up points. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

How?  Go back and watch the plays leading up and you will see.  Refs very lax calling anything on Central and then things got out of hand.  Hate it for Kiser he’s an excellent player and person.  He won the academic scholarship at the Beaver/graham game.

Kiser is a top shelf kid. No doubt about it. I really hate it for him too.

I will say this about the penalties. The official on Graham's side is somewhat particular. I've known him for several years and I can tell you he is going to call everything and then some. If his day job was a state Trooper he would be the guy that would write his own grandmother a ticket for 2mph over. It's just the way he is. Good guy though.

34 minutes ago, Hard nosed said:

How?  Go back and watch the plays leading up and you will see.  Refs very lax calling anything on Central and then things got out of hand.  Hate it for Kiser he’s an excellent player and person.  He won the academic scholarship at the Beaver/graham game.

Agree, lot of nit picky calls on Graham.  Central went a very long stretch with no penalties.  Graham will be ready next week, that you can count on.  Palmer and staff has done an excellent job preparing this team come playoff time.  Thanks for putting it in perspective.

This game will have a state championship type atmosphere as this is a match-up that many have wanted to see. Appo is playing great ball on both sides of the ball. Graham is also clicking at the perfect time and I feel like they are the only team left that can contain Lawing and Ferguson in that powerful split veer offense.

I really hope the G-Men faithful show up for this one because Appo will pack the house at Bragg. 

G-Men 28

Raiders 24