Graham vs Appomattox

Gridiron60

3 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Better hope you dont get refs from the Roanoke valley area. If so you are already losing 14 to 0. Good luck GMEN. Pulling for Region D.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. But isn't Appo 3-0 against us to this point? Beat Richlands twice and Union once. I hope for the sake of our end of the state we can beat them as well.

12 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. But isn't Appo 3-0 against us to this point? Beat Richlands twice and Union once. I hope for the sake of our end of the state we can beat them as well.

Someone from Richlands can correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the loss in 2015 to Appo, the last game Snake coached at Richlands as their defensive coordinator? Then Richlands lost in 2016 & Union in 2017 I believe. I could have that mixed up though. I believe Tony & company will have the GMen well prepared. Hopefully, GMen can bring the win to Region D, a little retribution for us all by beating Appomattox . 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Counting all of the teams in the coverage area since 2015 they are 8-1 I think. The only team in the coverage area to beat them is Radford. 

This is the de facto state championship game, IMO.  The winner of this game takes it all.  I think Graham’s best is slightly better than Appo’s, but I think Appo is the more even-keeled of the two.  Graham cannot afford to let up at any point.  This should be the Game of the Year in SWVA.

5 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Curious as to whether Richlands went down on the day of the game or spent the night 

I’m betting day of the game but Ryan4VT would probably know or could find out. 

Edit: Yes, Richlands traveled day of the game, verified with one of the Richlands’ assistant coaches. 

Edited by Gridiron60
Answer travel question.

1 minute ago, BBHoops_18 said:

I don't see no reason why anybody wouldn't travel the day of the game. Getting hotel accommodations for an entire team and coaching staff is probably expensive and doesn't seem necessary.

Agree plus I think it messes with their focus , keep things as routine as possible. 

17 minutes ago, October88 said:

Lee High spent the night both times they played on back to back years. The 14'  game was a score of 20-14 Lee and Appomattox 55-6 in 15'.  

Lee is quite a bit farther away then Bluefield.  Not too bad of a road trip for Graham.  3 hours is not that bad.  The bus ride down there could be used to get them focused on the task at hand.

12 minutes ago, Hard nosed said:

How many seniors does Appomattox have does anyone know?  Any D1 athletes?  I just don’t know much about the team this year.  They’ve been a powerhouse in the past no doubt.  

Their QB is going to Old Dominion not as a QB though I’ve heard

3 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Their QB is going to Old Dominion not as a QB though I’ve heard

No. He’s just a sophomore that started for us as a freshman last year. 

He’ll get his offers in the near future.