Graham vs Appomattox

Gridiron60

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

You beat me to it.  

Appomattox is a young team that should return a loaded team next year. No telling what kids will do tho as some decided not to play this year leaving us with a smaller team that could have given us greater depth and a much more dangerous team.

4 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Appomattox is a young team that should return a loaded team next year. No telling what kids will do tho as some decided not to play this year leaving us with a smaller team that could have given us greater depth and a much more dangerous team.

I saw where somebody posted 6. Then went back to confirm and saw 13 seniors.  Graham will be young next season with some talent but this year is a better chance to do well for them.

Tim Hayes Retweeted

a91e3db1aaf47326b278fef1f6fd9895_bigger. Graham High School @grahamgmen
The state semifinal football game between Graham and Appomattox at Appomattox High School will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 7. Presale tickets will be sold online only at GoFan for $10 per ticket. Tickets will be available at the gate on Saturday. #GoGraham

great state

A dad of one of the players told me Graham will be traveling day of the game which is a good decision in my opinion. Let’s hope the weather is nice as far as precipitation. I don’t particularly want to sit through another cold & rainy game plus the field is grass. Don’t want a mud bowl either. 

Just now, Hard nosed said:

Anyone know if it’s true there is no handicap accessible seating at App?  The other forum is blowing up about it

I read there was on home side just not visitor’s side which is probably what you saw also. My question is can the VHSL require them to provide some type of temporary handicap seating for visitor’s side if someone handicapped requests it? I admittedly do not know the ins & outs of ADA law. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I read there was on home side just not visitor’s side which is probably what you saw also. My question is can the VHSL require them to provide some type of temporary handicap seating for visitor’s side if someone handicapped requests it? I admittedly do not know the ins & outs of ADA law. 

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure it's just as long as you have some somewhere inside the stadium it's compliant. It's been on the Richlands side for decades until we built a secondary one on the visitor side last year. Tazewell recently did it as well.

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I found nothing specific requiring accessible seating on both the home and visitors sides.  The links below address the percentage of accessible seating in relation to overall capacity. It could come down to a local building officials' determination if the stadium is compliant. VHSL has broad power and could order a venue change if it didn't deem a facility suitable. This relocation could occur even if a facility had been determined to have met the minimum ADA requirement. IIRC, the DOJ  is the top enforcement agency pertaining to ADA by working complaints through the court system. Smyth Co Schools made a number of needed upgrades as a result of a suit. 

https://aluminumbleachers.com/aluminum-bleachers-ada-compliance-issues-need-addressed/

https://aluminumbleachers.com/ada-bleachers-wheelchair-access-disabilities/

On 12/1/2019 at 11:59 AM, October88 said:

Lee High played Appomattox in 2014 and 2015 with both games at Appomattox. In 2014 Lee High won the game and lost in 2015. 

Lee Played Appomattox in the first round of the playoffs in 2014 and in the first round in 2015..That was when the VHSL cross seeded the playoffs. There were some big time road trips the first two rounds of playoffs until they changed it back.

Without going into a massive post, unless this year's Appo team is as good as the 2016 one, I think Graham wins because this year's Graham team is as good as that 2016 Appo team. Especially, on defense. Just show up ready to play, and don't make the "TD called back" penalties. Might not get a 2nd chance this week. Good Luck GMen!

16 hours ago, Hard nosed said:

Anyone know if it’s true there is no handicap accessible seating at App?  The other forum is blowing up about it

Appos visitors side does have accessible seating from my trip up there in 2015!!  Trust me, I would know because I require wheelchair seating lol

2 hours ago, mv91 said:

Appos visitors side does have accessible seating from my trip up there in 2015!!  Trust me, I would know because I require wheelchair seating lol

That’s good to know because on the other board , it was Appomattox folks who were saying it didn’t ; Which is an honest mistake because truly how many home fans actually go on the visitor’s side ? 

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Without going into a massive post, unless this year's Appo team is as good as the 2016 one, I think Graham wins because this year's Graham team is as good as that 2016 Appo team. Especially, on defense. Just show up ready to play, and don't make the "TD called back" penalties. Might not get a 2nd chance this week. Good Luck GMen!

Poor Zavion Turner has had at least one called back about every game, maybe more than one in a game or two. It truly seems like Graham is the only team in SWVA that has trouble with holding which I find hard to believe. They did get flagged a lot at some games more at home than away it seems. GMen have to definitely limit penalties, play smart and disciplined football. If they can do that I see them winning, maybe not big but at least winning. I have faith in the boys and coaches that they’ll be ready. Appomattox will undoubtably be the best team they’ve faced since Bluefield. GMen know it’s a one game season every week now and they don’t want that season ending this week. Let’s bring the W home Saturday for Bluefield, #5, & Region D! 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Poor Zavion Turner has had at least one called back about every game, maybe more than one in a game or two. It truly seems like Graham is the only team in SWVA that has trouble with holding which I find hard to believe. They did get flagged a lot at some games more at home than away it seems. GMen have to definitely limit penalties, play smart and disciplined football. If they can do that I see them winning, maybe not big but at least winning. I have faith in the boys and coaches that they’ll be ready. Appomattox will undoubtably be the best team they’ve faced since Bluefield. GMen know it’s a one game season every week now and they don’t want that season ending this week. Let’s bring the W home Saturday! 

Union was uncharacteristically undisciplined this year, but Graham may have been worse. It cost the Bears the Paintsville game for certain, and allowed several scores in other games.

I think the only thing standing between Graham and another state championship is undisciplined play. Get that under control and they will get the win Saturday. 

Graham better come prepared for a battle this one isn’t gonna be easy. Limit penalties and turnovers and they can win. Edwards and Kastner will be the X factors for graham. Those boys are absolute studs in the middle 

7 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Will be interesting to see if their D is as good as Appo's 2016 D. That was a dominant D as Union found out.  Appo's D this year is no where near 2016 - but they are playing their best D of the season as of late and their offense is very balanced. Should be a good game.  

If Graham plays their "A" game and limits penalties and turnovers they will win by 2 TD's or more, but Appo seems to always come out on the good side of turn-overs and penalties, which could make this game really close.  IMO, the winner of this game should win the next week and bring on the hardware.  It pains my heart to say this but "GO G-MEN, bring home the hardware", make SWD proud.

I wish Graham nothing but the best, they are class acts! I really think they are better than Appomattox but that is a tough place to play, if it was at Mitchell Stadium, it would be a stone cold, lead pipe lock..I still think the G-Men win. 34-24..