Graham vs Appomattox

Gridiron60

12 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Seriously?? Thought i read something about the boyfriend being charged. Damn.

They know who did it, but don't have a clue where he is.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2019/jones.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjOrKXSuZ_mAhViUN8KHa3kCgoQFjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0i27HtUoCmFnoPcG1b0a3p

32 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

So who wins Graham or Appomattox on Saturday

Like I said before.  Graham 34-24. Too many weapons and great defense.  Appomattox will be the 2nd best team that Graham has faced this season.  Appomattox is a running team, but they run a formation that you dont see too often.  I think its called the double wing or double wing veer.  It gets blockers out in front and is hard to stop when executed correctly.  It sets up play-action really well.  You can bet D. Palmer and Rex Bradshaw will have an excellent game plan for that offense.  Graham definitely has the athletes and talent on that side of the ball to stop it.  

13 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Like I said before.  Graham 34-24. Too many weapons and great defense.  Appomattox will be the 2nd best team that Graham has faced this season.  Appomattox is a running team, but they run a formation that you dont see too often.  I think its called the double wing or double wing veer.  It gets blockers out in front and is hard to stop when executed correctly.  It sets up play-action really well.  You can bet D. Palmer and Rex Bradshaw will have an excellent game plan for that offense.  Graham definitely has the athletes and talent on that side of the ball to stop it.  

As long as Meadows plays on the D line, Graham will defend the run well.

I'm not really sure how fast Appo is this year, but I would be more concerned with the QB running or the quick passes on the slants.

However, Graham has the speed to defend that too.

4 hours ago, BoBob said:

Reason why, or just cause they were hard on Giles for three years? 

Appreciate the respect for Coach.  Feel very blessed to have had him over my boys!

I have no problem with Appo other than the dancing around and stuff like that...the 4 times Giles & Appomattox have played the best team won all 4 times.

I personally don't care who wins this game...and I don't root for region teams just because they are in the same region as Giles...just hope it's a good game for people to watch at the game

4 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

What the VHSL doesn't want is someone selling a "tape" of the game. If the VHSL has sold the dvd rights to a playoff game to a production company they may step in. The logic would be that the production company is losing sales. I don't know if there is a contract for this game and actually I doubt it. But for championship games there often is exclusive rights to film given to video production companies and those companies what the rights that they paid for protected.

That's fair, no issues if someone was selling tapes and the VHSL came knocking. But a parent just recording their sons games as mementos, I can't see how the VHSL could step in there. But they probably have a blanket policy. It's cool if people are aware of that going in, but springing it on people is lame.

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I have no problem with Appo other than the dancing around and stuff like that...the 4 times Giles & Appomattox have played the best team won all 4 times.

I personally don't care who wins this game...and I don't root for region teams just because they are in the same region as Giles...just hope it's a good game for people to watch at the game

What do you call dancing around??

https://wvva.com/2019/12/05/graham-defense-fueling-deep-playoff-run/

Let's hope as one poster said, that Rex Bradshaw and Dennis Palmer have those defensive players ready for Appomattox~ I'm sure they will! I'm betting they've put in a lot of work figuring out how to stop.Appo's offense. I know those boys have been watching lots of film. Snake is a true student of the game of football and I like the coaches at Graham helping their players be students of the game. Go GMen!!!!!! Keep rollin' ! 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

That was a really in-depth look at each game 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Loved the breakdown of each teams' strengths & weaknesses. Top notch analysis.

Yeah I was posting it cause the guy didn’t seem to know anything about graham. I guess we’re not really in that coverage area.

What I, as a Richlands fan, can be proud of is the way this area pulls together like a family.  I came from a rather large family and we had our arguments with each other, as families often do, but if anyone else came against a family member, then they had all of us to contend with.  I see our area in much the same way.  Most often if only one team from the area is still standing, most everyone rally's around that team.  I'll be honest, I don't like Graham, and usually pull for two teams throughout the season, Richlands and whoever is playing Graham, but I'll also take my lightening "R" hat off and cheer for Graham, if they are the only team from SWD that is still standing.  I think Graham is just to stacked with talent and although Appo is a good team, don't think they are good enough to beat Graham if the Graham plays a good game.  Nothing against Appo, but Graham will win and move on.  If Appo wins this week, I'll pull for them next week, but this week I'll be cheering for the G-men.  "GO GET 'EM G-MEN"

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

He did say the Ferguson running back for Appo hadn't been stopped all season. Lol

I'm betting Tony Palmer & company have prepared well to stop him then!!!!! They stopped Polier & I'm hoping they stop Ferguson and what other weapons Appo has! 

40 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm betting Tony Palmer & company have prepared well to stop him then!!!!! They stopped Polier & I'm hoping they stop Ferguson and what other weapons Appo has! 

There's no doubt in my mind they have been preparing to stop them. I'm sure D. Palmer has a little extra incentive to stop them as well. 

I just hope Graham's fans show up. It's going to be a long haul. Going to need the same fans that showed up to Union this year and last year to make the trip. Sometimes I think a good Methodist church choir is louder than Graham fans.

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

There's no doubt in my mind they have been preparing to stop them. I'm sure D. Palmer has a little extra incentive to stop them as well. 

I just hope Graham's fans show up. It's going to be a long haul. Going to need the same fans that showed up to Union this year and last year to make the trip. Sometimes I think a good Methodist church choir is louder than Graham fans.

I’ll be there cheering them on! Go GMEN

Our AD just sent this out to the faculty of the system so I thought I would pass it along to y'all. 

Good afternoon,

We are expecting a very large crowd tomorrow, so I wanted to let you know that ACHS will be offering satellite parking and a free shuttle bus to and from the game on Saturday.  There will be two satellite parking locations.  The first will be at Appomattox Elementary School (176 Kids Place).  Once the parking lot at Appomattox Elementary is filled, the second location will be at Appomattox Primary School (185 Learning Lane).  The shuttle will start bringing people to the game around 12:30 p.m. and will continue to shuttle people to the game until approximately 2:30 p.m., or later if needed.   The shuttle will begin to bring people back to the satellite parking locations about the beginning of the 4th quarter of the game and will continue until approximately one-half hour after the game is completed or later if needed.  

Also, since this is a state-level game any child under the age of 7 will need a ticket.  Children 6 and under are free with a paid adult ticket.

Correction to this email. Any child age 7 and up must purchase a ticket.

Looking at some of Appo's HUDL footage from the last few games and comparing those players to the roster posted in this thread, it looks like as many as 8 offensive and defensive players are seniors depending on the exact formation run. 51, 71 and 8 are sophomores and look really good in addition to 2, 14 and 43(defense) that are juniors. Will be interesting to see how those other sophomores fill in those holes next year.

I talked to Cheryl Ellis today ... she is the Facebook lady. She told me that Appomattox was waiting impatiently for the arrival of ... in her words ... "the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS!" I told her to be careful for what you wish for ...  🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

She is very appreciative of all the support she received in raising the funds for the livestream. She is a class act!

Appomattox County has much respect for the Graham football program. The Raider fans ... like most of us ... were wanting this matchup last year. Finally, this long awaited game is one day away. 

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈 ♥️💛♥️💛♥️

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

#grahampride #finalfour  #vhsl

5 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

You know Snake has that added incentive, probably wants some retribution for that last game as assistant at the Big R, lol. I just hope this doesn't come down to OT like that game.  My perfect screnario would be Graham has game put away by end of the 3rd! All busness, boys! We believe in you! Let's do some head hunting on defense!!!! Watch the ball, hit hard, hustle, wrap up, & keep pounding! Go GMen! 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Looking at some of Appo's HUDL footage from the last few games and comparing those players to the roster posted in this thread, it looks like as many as 8 offensive and defensive players are seniors depending on the exact formation run. 51, 71 and 8 are sophomores and look really good in addition to 2, 14 and 43(defense) that are juniors. Will be interesting to see how those other sophomores fill in those holes next year.

Depending on formation thats pretty close to the same numbers as Graham. 

Saw on the other board someone from Appo  was watching the HUDL film on Bluefield/Graham game. Graham has really improved leaps & bounds since game 1. Hope the penalties stay down, thought that was under control from earlier in season & especially from Bluefield game but last week GMen racked up quite a few albeit some were really touchy. If Graham is on their A game, I think they win. Rack up penalties like last week, might be a harder go of it. 

Also, speaking of Bluefield, I’ll be listening & cheering on Beavers tonight!!!!