Graham vs Appomattox

Gridiron60

3 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Graham had plenty of seating for as few as showed up.

Yeah that might be true. But the game was over 3 hours away and still had a good showing.

24 minutes ago, graham32 said:

Yeah that might be true. But the game was over 3 hours away and still had a good showing.

Agreed Graham had a good showing. I personally was rather upset we were not full on Appo side. Its been a chore this year to pack the stands. Hoot we traveled Bullit park 2 years ago and i was dreading the trip to ridgeview this year. But i would have had it worked out that way.

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Every livestream is like that. Shouldn't be a flag on Appo, should be a flag on everyone else. 

The clowns on there make me face palm sometimes.

Again, the woman who does the feed seems like a good person. But if I have to roll my eyes at some comments people make one more time, I will look like Undertaker. 

9 minutes ago, rsntu88 said:

The clowns on there make me face palm sometimes.

Again, the woman who does the feed seems like a good person. But if I have to roll my eyes at some comments people make one more time, I will look like Undertaker. 

There was a fan behind them who was extremely disrespectful. Was chanting you guys suck at the end and was calling our players dirty pieces of crap.

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

While we felt there was some plays that could be considered dirty. The, “you guys suck part” is not acceptable. 

Sorry that was the case. 

No worries. I’m grateful for you guys streaming it for us. That’s not an easy task to take on. I know one person doesn’t represent the entire fan base. And yeah there may have been a few late hits coming in which I don't condone. Good luck at state though.

1 hour ago, oldfool said:

One of the referees came and told our band director not to play during live play before game even started.  So i expect it was a ref that told your band the same thing!

Probably but the message was relayed by someone wearing an Appo ID thus I presumed it was from Appo. 

Congratulations to Appo on executing a good game plan and playing good disciplined football.

Congratulations to Graham on another great season. Great kids that have been a lot of fun to watch for several years. For those seniors that played their last game.....thank you. Wimmer, Kastner, Edward's, Lester, Booker, Adkins, and company yall have been great. 

Thanks to the coaching staff for the countless hours of dedication and for putting these kids in the position to play at this level. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

For our Union friends, Appo came over and told the band to quit playing while they’re on offense. I guess we’re getting a little karma for when y’all came to Graham. 

It’s actually a new VHSL rule that has been in effect all season. VHSL wants it to be emphasized during the state games. Football teams can be given unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for violations. Bands can play between plays but not once players are in motion. 

All band directors were required to go to a training seminar over the summer to be educated on the new rule. 

Bottom line Appo capitalized on Graham’s mistakes, Graham couldn’t capitalize on Appo’s. Graham left too many missed opportunities on the field. Personally, I think having a two way starter (Kiser) messed with Graham’s mojo a bit just as in the first meeting with Union when Justice was out. I’m not saying things would have turned out differently but it hurts any team when you have to replace a starter like that. Graham was a bit off today and did not play to their potential. The refs didn’t cost Graham the game either. Was their calling perfect , no; but it never is. Appo didn’t use any kind of scheme or trickery. They just played better today than Graham, that’s all it boils down to. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Bottom line Appo capitalized on Graham’s mistakes, Graham couldn’t capitalize on Appo’s. Graham left too many missed opportunities on the field. Personally, I think having a two way starter (Kiser) messed with Graham’s mojo a bit just as in the first meeting with Union when Justice was out. I’m not saying things would have turned out differently but it hurts any team when you have to replace a starter like that. Graham was a bit off today and did not play to their potential. The refs didn’t cost Graham the game either. Was their calling perfect , no; but it never is. Appo didn’t use any kind of scheme or trickery. They just played better today than Graham, that’s all it boils down to. 

Yeah I was afraid that would hurt them. He's a starter both ways. When you're a small 2A school and don't have a ton of depth that hurts. 

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I think making that long trip the day of the game hurts the visiting team also but just my opinion

Could be...they seemed a bit sluggish. I’m for State Semifinals being at a neutral location half way between the two schools playing. 3+ hours is a long drive. 

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

I'm not....the highest rated team earned the right to host and should host the game

In the regions yes, I agree. There are way too many variables between regions as far as PowerPoints,  once at state semifinals, I like idea of each team traveling equal distance on a neutral field that’s a nice facility. Not all venues are created equal. For state playoffs, venue & field should be top notch but we can agree to disagree on my original comment. 

13 hours ago, GHS89 said:

I never thought I’d ever watch a football game at a venue worse than Richlands...... but now I have.  

I don’t think Richlands is that bad, better than a lot of places. The visitor’s seating is a lawsuit waiting to happen and the restrooms are in bad shape. The turf hasn’t been maintained but I heard the contract ran out and wasn’t renewed. I think there are worse places than the Appo facility but they are definitely much better. 

This game was won under the headset of the Appomattox head coach. I bet he would probably say this game worked out exactly like he planned and envisioned it. Yes Graham got a terrible call on the punt return.  Yes Graham dropped a crucial pass. Yes Graham blew two coverages. The bottom line as I saw it was the fact that Appomattox could run for 3-4 yards whenever they wanted.  The game was slowed way down. Heck, even the refs where slowing it down with the impeachment hearings on every call.  I knew Graham was in trouble on the first drive.  When the second half started I made the comment that Appomattox didn’t want another point, all they wanted was time and that was almost exactly what happened. I was disappointed, but I’m always a bit satisfied when the team that won deserved it.  Graham had the talent to deserve it but didn’t get it done. 

1 hour ago, GHS89 said:

This game was won under the headset of the Appomattox head coach. I bet he would probably say this game worked out exactly like he planned and envisioned it. Yes Graham got a terrible call on the punt return.  Yes Graham dropped a crucial pass. Yes Graham blew two coverages. The bottom line as I saw it was the fact that Appomattox could run for 3-4 yards whenever they wanted.  The game was slowed way down. Heck, even the refs where slowing it down with the impeachment hearings on every call.  I knew Graham was in trouble on the first drive.  When the second half started I made the comment that Appomattox didn’t want another point, all they wanted was time and that was almost exactly what happened. I was disappointed, but I’m always a bit satisfied when the team that won deserved it.  Graham had the talent to deserve it but didn’t get it done. 

It was not a terrible call on the punt return...it was the RIGHT call geez

I know you didn't like the call and it went against your team but don't call it terrible....call it what it was the correct call

37 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

It was not a terrible call on the punt return...it was the RIGHT call geez

I know you didn't like the call and it went against your team but don't call it terrible....call it what it was the correct call

This. It’s the right call by the rule. Kinda like when a RB dips his head and a targeting is called on the defender. It’s the right call by the book but sometimes you know it probably shouldn’t be. 

But it was 100% the correct call by what the rules today are. 

21 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

That’s a fact. Those bleachers are like setting on 2x4s and you will fall plum through them and roll away

When I was at Clarke County taking pictures in 2016 they had new metal bleachers. You can see them in the photo on the Clarke County data sheet on www.fourseasonsfootball.com .