GALAX?

swvasportsnut

9 minutes ago, swvasportsnut said:

Is The Maroon Tide good enough to beat Riverheads?  PH will not be a challenge at all, IMO.

I'm sure you thought the same last year and Chilhowie won by three scores. I believe Galax wins, but if they think they can jus show up and roll, PH can sting them.

1. I don't think anyone thought or said that last year. If anyone thinks anyone in Galax thinks that  this year, especially Mark Dixon, then they clearly don't know Galax.

2. Last years team has nothing to do with this year. Far enough along in the season  that everybody knows  this.

3. I hope the RB is ok to play. Hate to see any kid play 4 years through nagging injuries and not get to play in a game like this.

4.Look forward to a great ballgame  Saturday at Emory. 

29 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I'm sure you thought the same last year and Chilhowie won by three scores. I believe Galax wins, but if they think they can jus show up and roll, PH can sting them.

6 hours ago, vols4life said:

Has any of you saw PH play?

I have watched them play three times  this year. Once in person (Rural retreat). Twice on film. Not that it matters for this game but I watched them last year against Chilhowie in the finals, when the kids from PH was standing in a couple inches of water on the sidelines. You couldn't tell anything about them in that game, it was an old fashioned mud bowl. Lol

PH isn't just a run team, they can throw the ball when they have to. That's what broke them game open for them at Rural retreat when RR was containing the run. 

I hope RB gets to play, I would hate for him to miss out this game after 4 years of hard work. 

56 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

I have watched them play three times  this year. Once in person (Rural retreat). Twice on film. Not that it matters for this game but I watched them last year against Chilhowie in the finals, when the kids from PH was standing in a couple inches of water on the sidelines. You couldn't tell anything about them in that game, it was an old fashioned mud bowl. Lol

PH isn't just a run team, they can throw the ball when they have to. That's what broke them game open for them at Rural retreat when RR was containing the run. 

I hope RB gets to play, I would hate for him to miss out this game after 4 years of hard work. 

Brown played yesterday. Did he get reinjured?

18 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

1. I don't think anyone thought or said that last year. If anyone thinks anyone in Galax thinks that  this year, especially Mark Dixon, then they clearly don't know Galax.

2. Last years team has nothing to do with this year. Far enough along in the season  that everybody knows  this.

3. I hope the RB is ok to play. Hate to see any kid play 4 years through nagging injuries and not get to play in a game like this.

4.Look forward to a great ballgame  Saturday at Emory. 

My point was that if Galax just assumed the W and thinks PH can't possibly make it a game, PH is well coaches and has enough defense to make it close. 

15 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

My point was that if Galax just assumed the W and thinks PH can't possibly make it a game, PH is well coaches and has enough defense to make it close. 

You honestly believe a bunch of banter on a message board reflects on the coaching ability of Mark Dixon?  

Galax will be ready to play. Message board banter or not!

5 hours ago, EH31 said:

Brown played yesterday. Did he get reinjured?

Sorry sir, my quote was misleading. I meant the RB from PH. He missed some games this year and the paper said he had to come off yesterday due to reaggrevating and ankle injury. 

31 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Sorry sir, my quote was misleading. I meant the RB from PH. He missed some games this year and the paper said he had to come off yesterday due to reaggrevating and ankle injury. 

I was misleading too lol I wasn’t thinking about Galax having a rb with the last name Brown too. 

Zach Brown is PH’s running back that has been out. I knew he played yesterday since I seen that he scored a couple of touchdowns but I didn’t know if he had reinjured himself again

On 12/1/2019 at 3:39 PM, sixcat said:

You honestly believe a bunch of banter on a message board reflects on the coaching ability of Mark Dixon?  

Galax will be ready to play. Message board banter or not!

Yeah that's totally what I said 😕

18 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Yeah that's totally what I said 😕

Your words exactly......"My point was that if Galax just assumed the W and thinks PH can't possibly make it a game, PH is well coaches and has enough defense to make it close.

Sounds like you're suggesting Galax will overlook PH.  Galax has won five consecutive Region C titles with only one state championship game appearance in that span.  I wouldn't count on Dixon to overlook anybody with a 1-4 record in the last 5 state semifinals.

5 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Not alot being said about this game in the news or social media . Really quiet compared to other years. 

Probably because most know what this game is going to be. I love Palmer — but this Galax team is a buzzsaw. 

On 12/2/2019 at 5:29 PM, sixcat said:

Your words exactly......"My point was that if Galax just assumed the W and thinks PH can't possibly make it a game, PH is well coaches and has enough defense to make it close.

Sounds like you're suggesting Galax will overlook PH.  Galax has won five consecutive Region C titles with only one state championship game appearance in that span.  I wouldn't count on Dixon to overlook anybody with a 1-4 record in the last 5 state semifinals.

I wasn't suggesting they were. I said if they did in fact overlook PH, it could be a big mistake. I never said I thought they were.