Adkins, RV

Offensive Lineman of the Year:

Trevor Wagner, Union/Major Cook, Abingdon

Defensive Lineman of the Year:

Tanner Jervis, Union/Dylan Hale, Abingdon 

Defensive Back of the Year:

Polier, Union

Coach of the Year:

Mullins, RV/Turner, Union  (WTF? How was it not Owens?)

Coalfield only lists the area players, so I can't post full teams, but will as soon as I see them.

58 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

M7 POY:

Mason Polier, Union

Offensive POY:

Trenton Adkins, Ridgeview

Defensive POY:

Mason Polier, Union

Offensive Back of the Year:

Adkins, RV

Offensive Lineman of the Year:

Trevor Wagner, Union/Major Cook, Abingdon

Defensive Lineman of the Year:

Tanner Jervis, Union/Dylan Hale, Abingdon 

Defensive Back of the Year:

Polier, Union

Coach of the Year:

Mullins, RV/Turner, Union  (WTF? How was it not Owens?)

Coalfield only lists the area players, so I can't post full teams, but will as soon as I see them.

Don’t know much about M7 admittedly, but I would have thought Owens would have been Coach of the Year~ 🤷🏻‍♂️

If I had a vote, he would have gotten it. Union did overachieve some in regular season, but winning one playoff game was prob what most people thought preseason. Ridgeview has underachieved, they should have at least won two playoff games. Owens teams massively overachieved, finishing 10-2, winning more playoff games than RV and Union. I thought it was cut and dry. Even just regular season, RV and Union going 8-2 isn't a surprise. Wise going 8-2 was a huge surprise.

Just now, BigWinners said:

If I had a vote, he would have gotten it. Union did overachieve some in regular season, but winning one playoff game was prob what most people thought preseason. Ridgeview has underachieved, they should have at least won two playoff games. Owens teams massively overachieved, finishing 10-2, winning more playoff games than RV and Union. I thought it was cut and dry. Even just regular season, RV and Union going 8-2 isn't a surprise. Wise going 8-2 was a huge surprise.

They don't pick coach of the year by any other method than who wins the district. It's rare, and I haven't seen it, to be otherwise. I always thought that was shady. What if you win district but your team underachieved? Or what if you don't win district but your team greatly overachieved? It's a silly method.

2 hours ago, jonah58 said:

They don't pick coach of the year by any other method than who wins the district. It's rare, and I haven't seen it, to be otherwise. I always thought that was shady. What if you win district but your team underachieved? Or what if you don't win district but your team greatly overachieved? It's a silly method.

Agreed. I believe the rest of the awards are spot on, but just giving the district champion coach the COY award is silly. No one can argue Owens overexceeded expectations while Mullins didnt.

They usually pick these awards before the play-offs begin don't they?  That may be why the Central staff didn't get accolades, as their two play-off wins were their defining moments or signature wins outside of the Union win in the regular season.  But yes, they did a great job.  The Mountain 7 District is blessed with outstanding and hardworking coaches in just about every school.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:38 PM, BigWinners said:

Agreed. I believe the rest of the awards are spot on, but just giving the district champion coach the COY award is silly. No one can argue Owens overexceeded expectations while Mullins didnt.

Owens would have got my vote.  That's all I am saying about that.

Owens definitely got shafted on Coach of the Year! Mullins or Turner didnt do anything other than what was expected. Owens proved all the haters wrong, by having the best season in Central history and advancing to the Region D championship! Definitely need to change the way this is voted on or selected!!!

Not taking away nothing from Mullins or Turner, but this absolutely blows my mind!!