Score Updates-Virginia Semifinals- (12/7/19)

tbgfan

14 minutes ago, graham32 said:

That punt return for a TD called back will haunt me for the rest of my days. the refs just need to let the kids play that was a bs call. I just don’t get how grown ass men can make a call like that in that big of a game. Absolutely unreal. 

I didn’t see what happened there off the stream. Personal foul? Another Xayvion TD called back. Go figure.

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

If you’re in to that kind of thing,say a prayer for the kid from PH. Airlifted from Emory with a devastating lower body injury. 

I wondered why nothing was being posted about the game...I  lifted the young man up in prayers. 

6 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

I didn’t see what happened there off the stream. Personal foul? Another Xayvion TD called back. Go figure.

I just can’t believe they throw a flag on a hit like that. It was clean. Just took all the air out of graham. They had momentum 

OK I'm done for the day in posting scores...was waiting around for a more recent update for the Elizabethton TN game ..

this is all I have :

Casey GoetzVerified account @WCYB_CaseyGoetz

Elizabethton leads Springfield 23-6 going to the 4th quarter. The Cyclones are 12 minutes away from first state title in 81 years

10 minutes ago, trublue said:

OK I'm done for the day in posting scores...was waiting around for a more recent update for the Elizabethton TN game ..

this is all I have :

Casey GoetzVerified account @WCYB_CaseyGoetz

Elizabethton leads Springfield 23-6 going to the 4th quarter. The Cyclones are 12 minutes away from first state title in 81 years

30-6 now with Betsy on 15 yard line. 6 minutes left. Needless to say, Cyclones with their first State Championship. 

1 hour ago, graham32 said:

That punt return for a TD called back will haunt me for the rest of my days. the refs just need to let the kids play that was a bs call. I just don’t get how grown ass men can make a call like that in that big of a game. Absolutely unreal. 

I cant really speak on behalf of the refs cuz i wasnt there. Just watched on Facebook. But i dont recall Appo having 1 holding penalty and they ran the ball like 80/20 versus passing and didnt get 1 holding penalty. I guess when they run it up the gut everything gets jumbled up and hard to see any holds. Who knows maybe Appo was very disciplined. I believe they got out coached.

Just now, Westisthebest said:

I cant really speak on behalf of the refs cuz i wasnt there. Just watched on Facebook. But i dont recall Appo having 1 holding penalty and they ran the ball like 80/20 versus passing and didnt get 1 holding penalty. I guess when they run it up the gut everything gets jumbled up and hard to see any holds. Who knows maybe Appo was very disciplined. I believe they got out coached.

Appo has always played good disciplined football. Rarely ever commit a penalty or turn the ball over. 

1 minute ago, Westisthebest said:

Was hard to watch that FB stream. Cheryl sit next to some of the worst fans ive ever heard. The commentator guy was probably worse. So many high school fans and even broadcasters dont know jack about football.

Yeah. Cheryl is a good lady. Sounds like it at least. 

They had one guy say “Don’t pick up the flag! If you call a flag you need to uphold it.”

I have watched some people on those feeds comment some silly bologna. One guy once said that Doug Smith should be considered greatest coach of all time. Okay. If he is still there 20-30 years down the road and wins 3 state championships every 5 year period then yes, he would be. 

A year back I saw one guy say the refs were screwing them out of the game in a game Appo was winning in a blowout. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t have a problem with Appomattox. They have a great thing going on over there. But some of the people I see have no idea how football actually works. 

18 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

There was definitely a hold on Kastner on their second TD. You can go back and watch it.

2 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

No offense to anyone but why does just about every team when they lose automatically blame the refs? Guess it's just the easy out huh

I wasn't at game today and not pointing anyone our so don't get upset anyone

There were some questionable calls but Appo was just the better team today. Graham shot themselves in the foot by calling questionable plays on 4th down in Appo territory twice. 

7 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

There were some questionable calls but Appo was just the better team today. Graham shot themselves in the foot by calling questionable plays on 4th down in Appo territory twice. 

I know but there are questionable calls every game on both teams...but the losing team always points out 1-2 plays(against them only of course) and go on and on about it

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

No offense to anyone but why does just about every team when they lose automatically blame the refs? Guess it's just the easy out huh

I wasn't at game today and not pointing anyone our so don't get upset anyone

Same thing happened (not anyone on this board) by individuals from ridgeview community when central won the playoff game. Blaming the refs for the fog..... saying the game shouldn't have been played.... even going so far as inventing mulitple phantom TD's being called back, which never happened. Not a knock on all Ridgeview fans, but I found it strange to hear and see those comments about the fog. Correct me if I am wrong, but both teams played in the same fog?!?!?

2 hours ago, rsntu88 said:

Yeah. Cheryl is a good lady. Sounds like it at least. 

They had one guy say “Don’t pick up the flag! If you call a flag you need to uphold it.”

I have watched some people on those feeds comment some silly bologna. One guy once said that Doug Smith should be considered greatest coach of all time. Okay. If he is still there 20-30 years down the road and wins 3 state championships every 5 year period then yes, he would be. 

A year back I saw one guy say the refs were screwing them out of the game in a game Appo was winning in a blowout. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t have a problem with Appomattox. They have a great thing going on over there. But some of the people I see have no idea how football actually works. 

The part that got me was his religious references. i am deep in my faith,but I am here to tell ya God doesn't give a rat's rectum about a silly ball game:)

5 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

https://wvva.com/2019/12/07/graham-falls-to-appomattox-in-state-semis/

go to the end of this video. that's what that punt was called back for? such bullshit dude.

Yeah. Football is becoming more of a sissy sport anymore. When I was playing you were always told to keep your head on a “swivel”. That penalty was the back breaker for graham. 

2 minutes ago, graham32 said:

Yeah. Football is becoming more of a sissy sport anymore. When I was playing you were always told to keep your head on a “swivel”. That penalty was the back breaker for graham. 

I'm not a fan of the rule either, but it is the rule.  And the video shows it was clearly a blindside block.  Hard to swallow getting penalized for being aggressive, yet it is the rule.

I saw a very encouraging video on the Appomattox Football FB page. The Appomattox players were comforting heartbroken Graham players. That is sportsmanship. 

It’s always the fans. If you notice, the guilty ones are adults in their 30s, 40s, and 50s. 

The players have nothing to do with any of the crap you see among any fan base. 

9 minutes ago, graham32 said:

yeah i guess these are the rules nowadays.