With Region D out this year, who are the super early favorites next year?

Westisthebest

30 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Yes I agree here. He will only get better with a full year under his belt plus the off season. Plus I wish that they would let him read defense's and find the open man instead of pre determined man to throw too.

thats whats frustrating. if hes gonna be the qb or anybody else then coaches need to trust whoever it is

I'm not sure how much freedom they gave Spears, but I know going back to 2011, the QB would tell who was getting the ball in the huddle.

Over the years I've seen the receiver furthest away from the side getting the pass take the play off and not even bother running a route.

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm not sure how much freedom they gave Spears, but I know going back to 2011, the QB would tell who was getting the ball in the huddle.

Over the years I've seen the receiver furthest away from the side getting the pass take the play off and not even bother running a route.

That's pretty bad when you tell who is getting ball in huddle.  It still drives me crazy that the QB has to run to the sideline everytime to get the play.  We didn't even do that when I played peanut ball, we brought the play in with a receiver. 

3 hours ago, goose111874 said:

That's pretty bad when you tell who is getting ball in huddle.  It still drives me crazy that the QB has to run to the sideline everytime to get the play.  We didn't even do that when I played peanut ball, we brought the play in with a receiver. 

That drives me bonkers. I understand wanting to talk to the QB and get a feel for the situation, but making the QB run back and forth is so crazy. You gotta put some trust in any QB, send in the play and let them execute it. Plus I think it wears a QB out, running to the sideline esp if it's a long, 15+ play drive.  It also puts a crunch on time management, and Union has a lot of issues there anyway.

15 hours ago, RichRich said:

Your son isn't a coach.  Do you always pull your son into your internet disagreements?  I'm starting to think you are so upset  because they left you out.  I'm sure they are only taking advice from knowledgeable parents 

It’s crazy to think these coaches are letting the parents make the calls as you stated earlier. And no he isn’t a coach but knows more than you do. 

15 hours ago, RichRich said:

Your son isn't a coach.  Do you always pull your son into your internet disagreements?  I'm starting to think you are so upset  because they left you out.  I'm sure they are only taking advice from knowledgeable parents 

Now you’re changing to ”taking advice,” earlier the parents were making the calls. Which is it? I talk to the coaches all the time doesn’t mean anything. Last thing I want to be is involved in anything when it comes to making decisions. I’ve got more respect for the coaches than to try and claim on here that they didn’t have anything to do with the success. And yes there are a few knowledgeable parents but I can tell you 100% that the parents are not making the calls and that’s what got all this started. 

1 hour ago, SWVAHSFF said:

Now you’re changing to ”taking advice,” earlier the parents were making the calls. Which is it? I talk to the coaches all the time doesn’t mean anything. Last thing I want to be is involved in anything when it comes to making decisions. I’ve got more respect for the coaches than to try and claim on here that they didn’t have anything to do with the success. And yes there are a few knowledgeable parents but I can tell you 100% that the parents are not making the calls and that’s what got all this started. 

Replies to 2 different comments.   Get your son to read them ya.  I was trying be nice and not point out you are probably the idiot that has no clue and always trying to give the coaches advice.  They do listen to some parents who are very knowledgeable about the sport and this group of kids.  You dont seem to be one of those parents and it upsets you.   Is Reynolds  not helping  with coaching anymore?  

45 minutes ago, RichRich said:

Replies to 2 different comments.   Get your son to read them ya.  I was trying be nice and not point out you are probably the idiot that has no clue and always trying to give the coaches advice.  They do listen to some parents who are very knowledgeable about the sport and this group of kids.  You dont seem to be one of those parents and it upsets you.   Is Reynolds  not helping  with coaching anymore?  

Hilarious. Yeah he’s there helping out at practice like I said a few parents are without naming names. Sounds like he’s your source since you named a name now. He’s a good guy but he is not calling the shots. Everyone tries to put their two cents in and take credit. Next time I get to talk to one of the coaches I’ll ask them if they thanked the parents for telling them how to win and for calling the right plays all season. I don’t know many of the parents personally I’m sure they’re good guys. And I’ve never and will never try to give them advice. I’m admittedly not qualified to tell a guy who played for VT how to coach the game of football. 

1 hour ago, SWVAHSFF said:

Hilarious. Yeah he’s there helping out at practice like I said a few parents are without naming names. Sounds like he’s your source since you named a name now. He’s a good guy but he is not calling the shots. Everyone tries to put their two cents in and take credit. Next time I get to talk to one of the coaches I’ll ask them if they thanked the parents for telling them how to win and for calling the right plays all season. I don’t know many of the parents personally I’m sure they’re good guys. And I’ve never and will never try to give them advice. I’m admittedly not qualified to tell a guy who played for VT how to coach the game of football. 

Not a source just pointing out you left some coach/slash parents out.  The number has gone up since you first started crying.   Now its because you didnt want to name names after naming names Haha. I think its because you are little more clueless than you like to admit.  I'm sure all the coaches love you coming up and telling them about your 2 catches you had all in one season. Stay in your lane tho.  Now let's get away from the thread drift and back to the original point of the thread.  Seem we all agree Central is gonna be tough 

1 hour ago, RichRich said:

Not a source just pointing out you left some coach/slash parents out.  The number has gone up since you first started crying.   Now its because you didnt want to name names after naming names Haha. I think its because you are little more clueless than you like to admit.  I'm sure all the coaches love you coming up and telling them about your 2 catches you had all in one season. Stay in your lane tho.  Now let's get away from the thread drift and back to the original point of the thread.  Seem we all agree Central is gonna be tough 

I’m not crying I’m just stating facts. Names of coaches actually considered a coach on the staff is only names I’ve mentioned trying to defend them from people saying stupid things like “parents are calling the shots.” Yes Central will be tough with the coaches making the decisions that’s on the staff. Not sure why you think I give them any football opinions. I don’t. There’s other things to talk about than football to a football coach. I’ve said multiple times that I don’t try to tell them anything about football and have never voiced my opinion to them whatsoever but you seem to not understand that. Why can’t you understand that? I do not tell Central coaches anything about football. Period. Never have never will. I’m not clueless I know most every coach on the staff. I do not try to tell them how to coach because I can’t tell them how to coach but that is so hard for you to understand for some reason. 

8 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Brody will be fine, 3rd and 12 isn’t good for a young QB , if Turner gets all the athletes on the field at the same time , it should be a wide open spread attack

If Brody remains as the QB Travis absolutely is going to change up some things to allow him to utilize his mobility. He looks very uncomfortable just dropping back and throwing the ball

7 minutes ago, Unchained said:

If Brody remains as the QB Travis absolutely is going to change up some things to allow him to utilize his mobility. He looks very uncomfortable just dropping back and throwing the ball

I think that uncomfortable look is a result of the "hot", and only route being covered and him not knowing what to do. Split second to decide to force it, throw it away or run. If the right decision isn't made he risks an int, a sack or intentional grounding.

A porous line didn't help much either. Even if he had the leeway to scan the field IDK if he would have time.

He may improve considerably next year with more experience and better pass protection. My only concern is whether there's a better option at QB and if he would be better at another position to use his athletic ability. 

47 minutes ago, SWVAHSFF said:

I’m not crying I’m just stating facts. Names of coaches actually considered a coach on the staff is only names I’ve mentioned trying to defend them from people saying stupid things like “parents are calling the shots.” Yes Central will be tough with the coaches making the decisions that’s on the staff. Not sure why you think I give them any football opinions. I don’t. There’s other things to talk about than football to a football coach. I’ve said multiple times that I don’t try to tell them anything about football and have never voiced my opinion to them whatsoever but you seem to not understand that. Why can’t you understand that? I do not tell Central coaches anything about football. Period. Never have never will. I’m not clueless I know most every coach on the staff. I do not try to tell them how to coach because I can’t tell them how to coach but that is so hard for you to understand for some reason. 

Man you getting awfully worked up thinking about some parents being involved.   Calm down quit trying to make this thread about you. 

9 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Brody will be fine, 3rd and 12 isn’t good for a young QB , if Turner gets all the athletes on the field at the same time , it should be a wide open spread attack

3 and 12 is bad position to be in but he's not young he was a junior.

On 12/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, BigWinners said:

Any school that lets parents meddle and influence a program is a school that isn't gonna win much. Parents are never objective about their own kids and 99% have no clue WTF they're talking about. Sit in the stands and listen to what some parents yell and that'll tell ya all ya need to know lolol

Preach!!!! 

You just gotta love the offseason where everyone is undefeated and hope springs eternal. There are schools that always look to next year but everyone needs to understand is that these are kids and it's all attitude and what you get this year you may not get next year and then there are transfers and coaching changes. So enjoy a decompression period and try to save the drama for August!