With Region D out this year, who are the super early favorites next year?

Westisthebest

16 minutes ago, SWVAHSFF said:

Parents can talk all they want. There’s more to the coaching staff than one man. He’s got several assistants that have done a good job this year. Nobody is calling the shots but the coaches on the staff. 

Haha, yeh buddy. 

8 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

As for Union, several good players will be lost, but lots of talent to replace them. The key to the Bears' success the next 2 years will be the QB spot. Who and how that role is handled will determine good vs great seasons. The other pieces will be there.

Your exactly right the QB position will be biggest problem next year.  Travis is a great coach but he sure hasn't been able to figure out that position except 1 year with spears.  Hall put up great numbers but that was the best receiving group I've ever seen in high school.

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

If Wise underachieves and stinks next year, it'll be because coaches start listening to parents. Never listen to parents.

Unless you are Wise with this group of kids.  The players have some pretty knowable parents

32 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Your exactly right the QB position will be biggest problem next year.  Travis is a great coach but he sure hasn't been able to figure out that position except 1 year with spears.  Hall put up great numbers but that was the best receiving group I've ever seen in high school.

We can only hope that gets figured out and things fall into place. No injuries would help a lot too.

11 minutes ago, RichRich said:

Unless you are Wise with this group of kids.  The players have some pretty knowable parents

No. You can't let parents mettle, that's a recipe for disaster. I know Crabtree has a coach for a dad, so that's a little different and getting his opinion would be smart but letting parents influence coaching decision is never the right move.

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

No. You can't let parents mettle, that's a recipe for disaster. I know Crabtree has a coach for a dad, so that's a little different and getting his opinion would be smart but letting parents influence coaching decision is never the right move.

Too many administrators and school boards give an ear to bad sports parents these days and if a coach is willing to let parents influence decisions as far as plays, who plays, how much time etc. , then that coach has no business coaching either. Coaches are really in a no win situation , you cannot please everyone and shouldn’t even try. 

29 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Well it's working now. Dont shoot the messenger. 

13 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Too many administrators and school boards give an ear to bad sports parents these days and if a coach is willing to let parents influence decisions as far as plays, who plays, how much time etc. , then that coach has no business coaching either. Coaches are really in a no win situation , you cannot please everyone and shouldn’t even try. 

I agree 100% with that 

Graham has good group of freshmen and sophomores. How well will they grow and develop? I guess only time will tell. Hitting the weight room is obviously going to need to be a priority. I think the offense may need to be tweaked just a little bit to fit the personnel. Curious to see how this group of kids develops.

29 minutes ago, RichRich said:

Well it's working now. Dont shoot the messenger. 

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Only parent that might possibly have an input is Tester and he’s an excellent coach and on the staff. Why start this stuff? No other parent of any player is telling this staff what to do. No pnut coach is telling them what to do. Just stop with the nonsense. The message you’re telling is wrong. Are you there at practice and in the film sessions and game planning? No I highly doubt you are and neither is your source. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

We can only hope that gets figured out and things fall into place. No injuries would help a lot too.

I may be wrong but I'd like to see Bunch get a shot.  If that doesn't work out put a good athlete at QB and try that.  It worked for us in 2017 and seems to be working well for Graham.

10 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Ask Tazewell how that works. 

Any school that lets parents meddle and influence a program is a school that isn't gonna win much. Parents are never objective about their own kids and 99% have no clue WTF they're talking about. Sit in the stands and listen to what some parents yell and that'll tell ya all ya need to know lolol

29 minutes ago, SWVAHSFF said:

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Only parent that might possibly have an input is Tester and he’s an excellent coach and on the staff. Why start this stuff? No other parent of any player is telling this staff what to do. No pnut coach is telling them what to do. Just stop with the nonsense. The message you’re telling is wrong. Are you there at practice and in the film sessions and game planning? No I highly doubt you are and neither is your source. 

Truth isn't nonsense,  get over it

I think, for Central, the key is just getting better at what they do. All the pieces are in place. They didn't decide to install the Wing T until late in the summer, and that took several weeks, even into the season, to learn the system and begin to gel. That why everything kinda came on late. Kinks had to be worked out on offense. Defensively, the right personnel combination wasn't fully in place until about week 5, but once that happened things started to click. I think, barring injuries,  this team should hit the ground running next season and maybe even exceed expectations. Time will tell.

50 minutes ago, RichRich said:

Truth isn't nonsense,  get over it

Ignorance abounds. No truth to it. I have a son on the team and he laughed at this and was just like “ignore that idiot, no parent but Coach Tester gives input to Coach Owens oh and Logan’s dad Coach J but he’s a coach.” 

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I may be wrong but I'd like to see Bunch get a shot.  If that doesn't work out put a good athlete at QB and try that.  It worked for us in 2017 and seems to be working well for Graham.

you dont think gibson can get better over the summer? he got throwed into it last summer and evidenly coach thought he was the best option. i dont think he did all that bad. he dont call the plays he jus runs the plays given to him.

1 hour ago, SWVAHSFF said:

100% agree, Central has a record-setting season for their team, and somebody is on here trying to stir up trouble, plain and simple.  Remember when you are pointing a finger at someone, there are 3 on the same hand pointing right back at you.

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

you dont think gibson can get better over the summer? he got throwed into it last summer and evidenly coach thought he was the best option. i dont think he did all that bad. he dont call the plays he jus runs the plays given to him.

I don't think he's terrible but he throws alot into double coverage.  I think he just has small hands because the ball floats on him.  I do think he's a good athlete and might be a helluva receiver.

2 hours ago, SWVAHSFF said:

Ignorance abounds. No truth to it. I have a son on the team and he laughed at this and was just like “ignore that idiot, no parent but Coach Tester gives input to Coach Owens oh and Logan’s dad Coach J but he’s a coach.” 

Your son isn't a coach.  Do you always pull your son into your internet disagreements?  I'm starting to think you are so upset  because they left you out.  I'm sure they are only taking advice from knowledgeable parents 

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

Yes I agree here. He will only get better with a full year under his belt plus the off season. Plus I wish that they would let him read defense's and find the open man instead of pre determined man to throw too.

9 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Yes I agree here. He will only get better with a full year under his belt plus the off season. Plus I wish that they would let him read defense's and find the open man instead of pre determined man to throw too.

Yeah I think they know who the ball is being thrown to when they break the huddle.