SWD Thoughts on Boys/Girls

Gridiron60

19 hours ago, mv91 said:

Yes, Denissa Ball is Scotties sister.  In Richlands first two games, she had 15 pts and 9 rebounds and 20 pts and 10 rebounds.

Have they played any good teams yet? I know they play several single A teams. Sounds like she’s going to have a really good season though. Maybe Scotty can teach her how to dunk! Loved watching him play, very entertaining.

53 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Have they played any good teams yet? I know they play several single A teams. Sounds like she’s going to have a really good season though. Maybe Scotty can teach her how to dunk! Loved watching him play, very entertaining.

The two games I gave her stats, they beat JI Burton 63-36 and Twin Valley 55-35.   I loved watching Scottie play as well.  I am a little biased, he is family lol

6 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

T-Dub is predicted to be pretty good this year, right?  Do they finally get over the evil empire?

Predicated yes, proven no. Out of respect for the coaching staff, I can say nothing more than we will see and we are working, not my place.

What I will add is that TWHS is starting to get some momentum at the lower ranks that will be on display this year on Varsity, JV, and our Middle School affiliates.

The coaching staff of the last 3-5 years has put an emphasis on M2MDefense / Motion offense at the middle school level. This has started to produce, not just players, but groups that know the game.

Hopefully this will keep us competitive for a 5-7 year stretch, if not longer

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Can we revive that M7 > SWD thread for girls basketball?  😄

It depends on how the game turns out tonight? Graham girls are not that good so other SWD girls will have to bring up the slack this battle 😂😂😂😂! Actually Richlands and Graham girls were bottom of the bucket last year so to speak. Maybe Richlands is on the upswing with the Ball girl. 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

It depends on how the game turns out tonight? Graham girls are not that good so other SWD girls will have to bring up the slack this battle 😂😂😂😂! Actually Richlands and Graham girls were bottom of the bucket last year so to speak. Maybe Richlands is on the upswing with the Ball girl. 

Ridgeview's only loss to the SWD came in the 2018 Region D semifinal to Virginia High.

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Most yes.  But the two key ones did graduate last year.

I think Richlands returned all their key players.  Not sure about Tazewell & Graham. I know Graham graduated a couple but like I said, they're not that good unless they've improved a whole lot. Tazewell lost their best player. I believe she's a starter at Bluefield State. Not sure about VA High, I'd say they've been the cream of crop in SWD probably since Richlands a few years back in girls' basketball anyway. 

20 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think Richlands returned all their key players.  Not sure about Tazewell & Graham. I know Graham graduated a couple but like I said, they're not that good unless they've improved a whole lot. Tazewell lost their best player. I believe she's a starter at Bluefield State. Not sure about VA High, I'd say they've been the cream of crop in SWD probably since Richlands a few years back in girls' basketball anyway. 

Ridgeview won 58-40.  They play again in Richlands on January 27.

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Ridgeview won 58-40.  They play again in Richlands on January 27.

I figured it might be a harder win against 2A teams than the 1A schools for them but at least it wasn’t a blow out. Do you know how many the Ball girl had for Richlands? 

55 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I figured it might be a harder win against 2A teams than the 1A schools for them but at least it wasn’t a blow out. Do you know how many the Ball girl had for Richlands? 

18 isn't particularly close lol. Dunno how you classify blowouts, but 18 points in a game that was under 100 total might fit the definition lol

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

18 isn't particularly close lol. Dunno how you classify blowouts, but 18 points in a game that was under 100 total might fit the definition lol

I’d say 25+ is a blowout in my opinion. Granted most would consider 18 a blowout but that’s just 6 3pointers. I’ve seen some HS girls have a hot hand & put up a few 3 pointers in a single game. I’m trying to look at glass half full, Richlands has had a bad couple years in Girls’ BB, Graham really hasn’t faired much better. lol. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

Ridgeview's only loss to the SWD came in the 2018 Region D semifinal to Virginia High.

Did you all play Richlands back when Brittany Allen played for Richlands? I was thinking they beat practically everyone during a three year run when Palmer was coaching. I’m sure they beat Union but couldn’t remember if they ever played you all. 

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Did you all play Richlands back when Brittany Allen played for Richlands? I was thinking they beat practically everyone during a three year run when Palmer was coaching. I’m sure they beat Union but couldn’t remember if they ever played you all. 

was ridgeview a school yet?

15 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

We hadn't played Richlands in anything until the 2018 football playoff game.  Played them in the Region D softball quarterfinals in 2019 and girls basketball Friday night.  That's the only three all time meetings with the Blues.  Lol.

17 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

was ridgeview a school yet?

No clue really? They opened what four or so years ago. I think Allen played around 2010-2014ish then went on to Radford to play, probably didn’t each other during the Allen/Palmer reign. If the Ball girl is half as talented as her older brother, Richlands may be able to finish strong in SWD the next couple years. I think these days a lot of great players are molded in travel ball. Rec ball in most places it a joke. I’d like to see some SWD girls’ make a run at state again.