SWD All-District 2019

Gridiron60

I know that the three Tazewell County schools were the class of the SWD, and I hate the "everyone gets a trophy mentality" that we seem to have these days, but there are 75 positions on this all district team; let me reiterate, 75 positions on this all district team, and VA High and Marion combined to put two players in the team, one a piece. I know that neither team was very good, but come on now, there are 75 spots on the all-district team and six schools in the district. That's enough spots that every team could have put their starting eleven on the list and still had room for their kickers, and you mean to tell me that there's only 2 athletes south of Clinch Mountain worthy of being all-district?

I'm not sure how these things are determined. I don't know if it's solely based on stats or coaches campaigning for their best players. Maybe someone with more insight than me can enlighten those of us who don't know the exact protocol for determining who gets picked. I think it's fair to think every team could have had more than just one though.