Does the WEST win it again???

BoBob

Appo wins easily.  Pulling for Appo in this one.  Don't like saying it, but truth is truth and Appo is by far the better team and after the experience we Richlands fans had at SD a few years ago there's no way I'd ever think of pulling for them.  Understand being for your team, but those fans were far worse than any in our area.

Although Appomattox is in Region C, I don't consider them West.  They are more central than anything, so not sure those of us in the western part of the state can take much pride in saying the West will win again.  It's been a long dry spell for those of us in Region D, outside of Graham and Clintwood winning each one in the last 8 years.

Since 1990, the West (Regions C&D), have won 18 out of 28 titles. Only nine schools has a school not from C or D won a title (Goochland x2, Essex, Manassas Park, W&L, King William, Madison Co, Powhatan, Lunenberg, Sussex Central). 

Since 2000, it's 13/18.

9 hours ago, Irish Fan said:

Appomattox not as tough as they were during their 3 year run, 15-16-17 wouldn't surprise me if SD won this game!

You're exactly right.  We are not what we were in those years and a monumental difference between us and the 15-16 teams.

17 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Appo wins easily.  Pulling for Appo in this one.  Don't like saying it, but truth is truth and Appo is by far the better team and after the experience we Richlands fans had at SD a few years ago there's no way I'd ever think of pulling for them.  Understand being for your team, but those fans were far worse than any in our area.

I know that game got hot.   What happened if you dont mind me asking?

43 minutes ago, BoBob said:

I know that game got hot.   What happened if you dont mind me asking?

Some of the SD fans were upset about the outcome of the game and actually spit on some Richlands fans leaving the stadium, cussing and calling the Richlands fans cheaters, and basically being overboard with obscenities.  I witnessed the spitting episode and that's totally disrespectful.  The obscenities and calling someone a cheater, although rude, can be overlooked, but cussing and spitting on someone over a high school football game's outcome is a little much IMO.  Didn't see any of their players acting out of order, just their fans, and it's a shame that such a good played game was disrespected in that manner. Nothing against the team or the players, but I for one will never return to that venue for another game.

28 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think the whole thing that led to the Scottie Ball ejection (and therefore being out the next week against you guys) probably has something to do with it.

Howie I think you meant. Ball played against us. 

10 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Some of the SD fans were upset about the outcome of the game and actually spit on some Richlands fans leaving the stadium, cussing and calling the Richlands fans cheaters, and basically being overboard with obscenities.  I witnessed the spitting episode and that's totally disrespectful.  The obscenities and calling someone a cheater, although rude, can be overlooked, but cussing and spitting on someone over a high school football game's outcome is a little much IMO.  Didn't see any of their players acting out of order, just their fans, and it's a shame that such a good played game was disrespected in that manner. Nothing against the team or the players, but I for one will never return to that venue for another game.

That unacceptable for sure.  

No place on gods earth for that kind of behavior.  I can fully understand players getting chippy with emotions going out of control. Been there done that. But for fans whom have only come to watch a game and not worked their butt off like the players have is no excuse. 

2 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Yeah — it wasn’t pretty. Their students were pretty nasty on Twitter after the game. 

I also saw some of their fans laugh at me when my car battery died during the game and it was being jump started afterward. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yeah — it wasn’t pretty. Their students were pretty nasty on Twitter after the game. 

I also saw some of their fans laugh at me when my car battery died during the game and it was being jump started afterward. 

Where has common decency gone????? 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

That's a shame!  Not to toot my own horn but a family from Central Lunenburg left their headlights on during the 2011 state semifinal at Galax.  Not only did my wife and I jump start their car, we bought them dinner at The Smokehouse to give the battery time to charge and make sure it held a charge. 

Most things in life are bigger than football.  It's just a game.  One played by 16 year old kids at the high school level at that!  Often, those 16 year old kids are more mature than the 46 year old parents in the stands.

55 minutes ago, sixcat said:

That's a shame!  Not to toot my own horn but a family from Central Lunenburg left their headlights on during the 2011 state semifinal at Galax.  Not only did my wife and I jump start their car, we bought them dinner at The Smokehouse to give the battery time to charge and make sure it held a charge. 

Most things in life are bigger than football.  It's just a game.  One played by 16 year old kids at the high school level at that!  Often, those 16 year old kids are more mature than the 46 year old parents in the stands.

That’s awesome!!!! That’s the southwest Virginia in ya lol. 

Appomattox’s fans were top notch. And I have all the respect in the world for their coach. After the Richlands @ Appo quarterfinal — he walked all the way across the field to our fence and clapped to our fans and thanked us for coming and for have what he called “the best atmosphere he’s ever seen in high school.” You could tell it was genuine, too. 

I’m 100% pulling for Appo tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

After the Richlands @ Appo quarterfinal — he walked all the way across the field to our fence and clapped to our fans and thanked us for coming and for have what he called “the best atmosphere he’s ever seen in high school.” You could tell it was genuine, too. 

That's awesome!!!!!  Never heard that story!!!  Thanks for sharing that!