Does the WEST win it again???

BoBob

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

That’s awesome!!!! That’s the southwest Virginia in ya lol. 

Appomattox’s fans were top notch. And I have all the respect in the world for their coach. After the Richlands @ Appo quarterfinal — he walked all the way across the field to our fence and clapped to our fans and thanked us for coming and for have what he called “the best atmosphere he’s ever seen in high school.” You could tell it was genuine, too. 

I’m 100% pulling for Appo tomorrow. 

Thankyou Ryan. Hey wont your cousine on the 2016 team? Big guy on the line. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

That’s awesome!!!! That’s the southwest Virginia in ya lol. 

Appomattox’s fans were top notch. And I have all the respect in the world for their coach. After the Richlands @ Appo quarterfinal — he walked all the way across the field to our fence and clapped to our fans and thanked us for coming and for have what he called “the best atmosphere he’s ever seen in high school.” You could tell it was genuine, too. 

I’m 100% pulling for Appo tomorrow. 

Appo fans were great an very respectful.  Their coach showed the Richlands fans that he had respect for their program and the fact that they traveled so well.  Top notch sportsmanship, I'll be pulling for them also.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Smith may be the best HC in 2A. His teams are successful at the highest level year after year and his team's never beat themselves. I think that's the best accolade you could give a coach, that his team's always show up and never beat themselves. 

I have to respectfully disagree,  Appo has beat themselves a few times. 

5 hours ago, oldfool said:

I have to respectfully disagree,  Appo has beat themselves a few times. 

Okay very rarely beat themselves lol. No one is perfect hah. 

Appomattox seems to be extremely well disciplined and knows their schemes and execution 100% for each game, and seems like you guys get at least one TD per game by outscheming the opponent, which is directly tied to coaching. You guys have a great staff all around it seems.

26 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Yup thats the game that leaves a lump in my throat.

Well.... that game fired the drive throughout these playoffs. 

Not sure we would have got past Graham last year, watched them at states and they were impressive. Graham was loaded and our young team like you said was not matured yet ( they are still working on it). 

4 hours ago, BoBob said:

Well.... that game fired the drive throughout these playoffs. 

Not sure we would have got past Graham last year, watched them at states and they were impressive. Graham was loaded and our young team like you said was not matured yet ( they are still working on it). 

Honestly i was expecting to be beat by Graham last year and i would have been happy. But that game stil eats at me, i was upset we did not get the chance to play them again this year. And boy lookout next year, you know the RAIDERS will be looking hard at two teams in 2020 for redemption.