Impressive Win By Central

Unchained

Just took a quick look at the Arby's site. Did not search for complete brackets. Just looked at the top 6 places.

1983 Pulaski County won it all, and VA High finished 6th.

1984 Pulaski County was runner-up.

1987 Roanoke Patrick Henry won it all.

1988 Roanoke Patrick Henry finished second.

2017 Gate City finished 6th.

I dug a little deeper.

The original Arby's fields did not contain the talent the later years had.

During the last 10 years......only 6 local teams have placed in the top 6 spots:

2010 Tennessee High  6th,    2012 Science Hill  6th,    2015 David Crockett  4th,   2017 Dobyns Bennett 5th & Gate City  6th,   and 2018 Dobyns Bennett 6th.  (I looked through the lists quickly. Could have missed one.)

20 hours ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

Went to the game, Central played well. Sadly, Tabernacle is a shell of its former self. I think they lost 3/4 of their team to the hurricane. Kudos to the Arby's for still inviting them and having them, I'm sure the school can use all the help it can get.

I heard the interview this morning on WXSM with their principle, and former head coach Norris Baine and he said, all their highly recruited players transfered or changed schools and that Tabernacle started 2 freshman, 2 sophomores and a junior. It was really sad hearing the stories about all that was lost. Baine said if the players come home they will be good. Lost 6-8 froward and 6-7 forward who were both D1 prospects. 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:42 AM, cityofRaven said:

I'm pretty sure Council and Twin Valley have won at the Arby's

I should have said only the 2nd SWVA team to win their first Arby's appearance opening game