How good is the M7?

Burrall’s Pearls

We all know about GC, Central has the best team they’ve ever had, Abingdon is playing great under Williams, Lee is off to a 7-1 start, Ridgeview has athletes running all over the place and Union is 5-2 despite playing a bunch of freshman and sophomores with one junior. Some team that should make the regional tournament is going to be left out. 

Being at the grands classic the last few days I've gotten the opportunity to watch some of these teams in the M7, Union, Ridgeview and Lee play. Its going to be an exciting season for sure. Union looks good to be a young team, should be a good contender in the next couple years. Btw the Rasnic kid is fire from the 3. Ridgeview is a tough team, got a good amount of size and speed, especially the Adkins kid. The biggest surprise to me is Lee though. They have the same talent as last year, but are off to a 7-1 start compared to the horrible season they had last year. It seems like they have a coach that actually knows the game. So this could get interesting guys!

From what I am hearing from other people not to mention what I have seen so far from the Blue Devils.  Then watching Central in the Arby’s Classic, this is my Mountain 7 District regular season prediction. Right now, I believe this is pretty on point. 

Prediction - Final Regular Season Standings 

Wise Central 12-0

Gate City.  8-4 (Central 2, at Union 1, at Lee 1)

Union  8-4 (Central 2, at GC 1, at Lee 1)

Lee.    8-4 (Central 2, at GC 1, at Union 1)

Abingdon.      

Ridgeview    

John Battle  

Mountain 7 Tournament  Semifinals 

1) Wise Central  vs.  4) Union

2) Lee vs  3) Gate City 

Mountain 7 District Finals

1) Wise Central vs  3) Gate City

Regular Season and Tournament Champions

Wise Central  - 1 seed

2 seed - Gate City

3 seed - Lee

4 seed - Union

Southwest District   

1. Graham

2. Virginia High

3. Tazewell

4. Richlands

Region D Tournamemt Quarterfinals

1 Wise Central vs 4 Richlands

2 Gate City vs 3 Tazewell

3 Lee vs 2 Virginia High

4 Union vs 1 Graham    

Region D Semifinals 

1 Wise Central vs 1 Graham

2 Gate City vs 3 Lee

Region D Finals

1 Wise Central vs 2 Gate City

Champions

Wise Central

16 minutes ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

From what I am hearing from other people not to mention what I have seen so far from the Blue Devils.  Then watching Central in the Arby’s Classic, this is my Mountain 7 District regular season prediction. Right now, I believe this is pretty on point. 

Prediction - Final Regular Season Standings 

Wise Central 12-0

Gate City.  8-4 (Central 2, at Union 1, at Lee 1)

Union  8-4 (Central 2, at GC 1, at Lee 1)

Lee.    8-4 (Central 2, at GC 1, at Union 1)

Abingdon.      

Ridgeview    

John Battle  

Mountain 7 Tournament  Semifinals 

1) Wise Central  vs.  4) Union

2) Lee vs  3) Gate City 

Mountain 7 District Finals

1) Wise Central vs  3) Gate City

Regular Season and Tournament Champions

Wise Central  - 1 seed

2 seed - Gate City

3 seed - Lee

4 seed - Union

Southwest District   

1. Graham

2. Virginia High

3. Tazewell

4. Richlands

Region D Tournamemt Quarterfinals

1 Wise Central vs 4 Richlands

2 Gate City vs 3 Tazewell

3 Lee vs 2 Virginia High

4 Union vs 1 Graham    

Region D Semifinals 

1 Wise Central vs 1 Graham

2 Gate City vs 3 Lee

Region D Finals

1 Wise Central vs 2 Gate City

Champions

Wise Central

Not sure that Tazewell finishes in the top 4 in the swd, much less top 3. 4 at best.

Just got in from the Arby’s.  Geeez that dude from Tennessee High can get up! Watched Wise Central again today. They are legit! Guy just called me and said he watched a Lee team just go to war with Union and lay a big hammer on them in Wise tonight. Abingdon is also a lot better this year from some peoples I have conversed with tonight at the Arby’s as well.  Radford barely beat them and yes Radford isn’t as good as last year but they are the defending champs and from what I heard the Falcons took it hard at the Bobcats.Im going to go ahead and say it. Mountain 7 is up for grabs this year. I don’t think Ridgeview, Union or Battle have a shot. I think they will be very competitive.  GC, Central, Lee, Abingdon.  Between those four it’s a complete toss up.  I can see any of these teams winning the Mountain 7.  This district is about to get flipped on its head if the moon is full at any time. If the crowds and the environments are just right when any of these teams get together I think it will be anyone’s ballgame.  Yes sir.  Complete toss up. 

• 2 weeks later...

looks like the predictions went out the window,  GC will run away with this district and everybody else will beat each other up for second,  I have every team play and GC is the only team i have seen that knows how to play the game,  everybody else is hoping at this point

Nobody is beating GC in the M7, when the other teams are playing Battle and Va High, GC is playing Science Hill and DB and Crockett....no comparison....next year will be a different story though as the last of the 2000 pt club will be gone, and I don't see anyone with that kind of firepower coming up.

19 hours ago, GetRektM7 said:

Nobody is beating GC in the M7, when the other teams are playing Battle and Va High, GC is playing Science Hill and DB and Crockett....no comparison....next year will be a different story though as the last of the 2000 pt club will be gone, and I don't see anyone with that kind of firepower coming up.

Gate City played Daniel Boone, not Crockett.  And everyone, including Gate City has to play Battle because they're a district opponent.  Lol.

But yeah, your point is accurate.  They definitely have the best SOS non district wise.