Central @ Lee

Hoodjunky27

Central by 15-20. Hayes is the best all around player in SWVA. Wise should put him on Whitaker, that’ll shut him down. Quite frankly, I’m not sure how Lee is going to guard McAmis or Hayes. It’ll take a horrible shooting night by both for Lee to have a shot in this one. 

Hope they have some good officials in this one could be a really physical game.

I will add Central may have some fatigue from Arby’s and I guess this could be a trap game but, this is a team they should routinely hammer. 

Personally I have not seen Lee High this year, but I have seen Central.  Central is very experienced and very long.  They start 5 seniors, and have 2 seniors coming off the bench along with some under class men that all are capable of playing good ball and giving the Warriors good minutes.They are very physical and play good help defense, and all 5 starters are capable of knocking down shots and scoring at any given time.  

Central probably will be a little tired from the trip to Florida and the Arby's Classic, but I don't see them letting this one slip by them.  Central by 10 to 12.

Better guard Hayes and McCamis tough, either kid is liable to go for 30+ on any given night.

I agree with you Burrell's Pearls, I hope the officiating is pretty good in this one, like you said could be a very physical game.  

Lee is “old” too-they have 6-7 seniors I think. They are balanced, much more so than in years past when I’ve seen them. They won’t beat themselves and they do a lot of little things well that show up in close games.

Central just has so much size at every position. They can beat you inside, outside-they can play slow down or up tempo and they hit the boards...and then with Hayes and McAmis you have two prolific scorers. 

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

Lee is “old” too-they have 6-7 seniors I think. They are balanced, much more so than in years past when I’ve seen them. They won’t beat themselves and they do a lot of little things well that show up in close games.

Central just has so much size at every position. They can beat you inside, outside-they can play slow down or up tempo and they hit the boards...and then with Hayes and McAmis you have two prolific scorers. 

Watching Central at the Arby’s, I was impressed with their team discipline. They work their offensive sets, push the ball up the court. Even though they have two definite scorers, they work it patiently. Defensively, they play as a team. Great help side and rebounding. Each player knows its role, and they play well together. TJ coaches calmer than I have seen him in years past. This team is for real. 

Wise is  the favorite, GC is going to be GC, Union may be an annual contender and Abingdon is going to be improved as well as Union just got by them by one but Lee is officially the Cinderella of the district. Never thought I would say those words.  Ridgeview May do something as well. Who knows? But for the Trojans? The battle is lost this year. 
I think it’s safe to say that with the exception of John Battle , teams better show up or get surprised in a big way.  M7 is no joke this year. 

11 hours ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

Wise is  the favorite, GC is going to be GC, Union may be an annual contender and Abingdon is going to be improved as well as Union just got by them by one but Lee is officially the Cinderella of the district. Never thought I would say those words.  Ridgeview May do something as well. Who knows? But for the Trojans? The battle is lost this year. 
I think it’s safe to say that with the exception of John Battle , teams better show up or get surprised in a big way.  M7 is no joke this year. 

This young Union squad is a year away,but come tourney time they'll be the team you'll not want to play. This team is going to be very good in the very near future.

It didnt seem that hard to control Mcamis. A couple of mistakes led to his easy points. But he had to work for everything else he got. But let me tell ya, the boy is a complainer if things get the slightest bit rough. They had some questionable calls throughout the game. But all in all was very entertaining. That game was easily winnable by lee if they just controlled fouls better and missed shots. Things were getting rowdy at the end from the fans according to the radio. Would love to know what was going on there. But can't wait to see where this season takes these boys. The coach has turned this team 180, lets hope he keeps it going!

Gc is still the champ until someone beats them.  Lee, union, wise, ridgeview,  blah blah blah.  Wait till they play the team that has always been there.  To be the man you got to beat the man.  Not saying it won’t happen but until it does, you “other” schools are wishful thinking. 

13 minutes ago, who? said:

Gc is still the champ until someone beats them.  Lee, union, wise, ridgeview,  blah blah blah.  Wait till they play the team that has always been there.  To be the man you got to beat the man.  Not saying it won’t happen but until it does, you “other” schools are wishful thinking. 

I’ll admit that TJ McAmis becoming a  face in this WWE story is not something I would have written, but GC fans have just about made it happen. 

Funny you use WWE in your response. Central has earned their “cheap” reputation by their play on the court the past few years. You can definitely bet security will be heavy when Wise visits GC this season and for good reason.  GC fans will get redneck if there is even a perception that they are out to hurt our players. I would be in GC a couple hours early for this one.  

30 minutes ago, BlueDevil4Life2008 said:

Funny you use WWE in your response. Central has earned their “cheap” reputation by their play on the court the past few years. You can definitely bet security will be heavy when Wise visits GC this season and for good reason.  GC fans will get redneck if there is even a perception that they are out to hurt our players. I would be in GC a couple hours early for this one.  

Remind me again which team had a player send another player to the hospital with a cheap shot and then didn’t discipline him? 

2 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Remind me again which team had a player send another player to the hospital with a cheap shot and then didn’t discipline him? 

Remind me again who started the entire mess between Wise and GC?

2 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

So assault is cool as long as someone else starts it...good to know. Oh and Wise suspended the kid that put McClung in the wall...what did GC do to their player? 

Lol okay. I could care less what GC does or doesn't do, I don't have a lot of love for them either but deny that this has gotten wildly out of control because of how one team consistently behaves is silly.

3 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

So assault is cool as long as someone else starts it...good to know. Oh and Wise suspended the kid that put McClung in the wall...what did GC do to their player? 

they might have suspended the kid who pushed mac after mccamis shoved him in the back while he was in the air. that was far worse than the push after he had came down. they didnt suspend mcamis