Central vs Ridgeview

#BBN

What about the other players on the team, that played defense, dished out assist, crashed the boards and pulled down rebounds???  If you take those playing defense, dishing out assist, and pulling down rebounds, do you still win the ballgame? I don't think so, there is no I in TEAM, but with those statements it makes you wonder how the head coach feels about his team!! Am I the only one that thinks this statement to the paper could cause some problems inside the team?

Everybody knows that McAmis and Hayes are your dominant scorers, but there is more to basketball than just scoring 43 points in a game...........

I am pretty sure that the rest of the players on the team, wanted to win just as much as the next........I don't see how you question a kids heart and passion when they give so much time to the team, and still fought to win the game.

How does everyone else feel about this?

I agree with you #BBN 100%. There is definitely no I in TEAM but you would never know that from the stats of last nights game. 

I was also very disappointed in what McAmis put in the paper about the team minus 1!! 
He has a great team this year that could go farther than in the past two years but if the McAmis’ don’t quit playing (trying to play) a one person game it will not happen. 

Alot of stuff done during a game dont show up in the stat sheet. I didnt go to the game lastnight, but I did listen in here and there.

I heard the announcers talking about Brickey leading the team in taking charges!!! That dont show up in a stat line, but is big and helpful to the team! Just like disruptive defense, deflecting passes, altering shots........

I’m a Blue Devil fan but I admit. When I read this, I felt totally sorry for the Warrior team “who was very disappointing”.  Well, all the Warrior players who didn’t play to win that is “except Isaiah who played to win”. I’m sure they really all showed up and said “you know I really want to go out there and play like %#*% tonight. How about we all go do that?  But let’s not tell Isaiah. We want him to look better than all of us like his dad wants him to every night.”  
What kind of a coach distinguishes one player over the whole team?  A Central team of course. I have heard that the Hayes kid looks way more like a player than Isaiah ever does at times. Mainly because he is just mentally tougher. When times get tough for Isaiah he will look over at the bench looking for help.  Hayes just fights and plays through the toughness.  If that’s the case I know who to take every second. 
And if the Central team was that disappointing, except Isaiah, maybe they need to just all go sit down and let the prophet TJ McAmis and his son from on high  who sits at his right hand see how he does on the court by himself. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be a pretty picture. Unless he is changing water bottles into wine and making the Central crowd drunk (which is a real possibility the way they act), that’s probably the only miracle you would see. 
Heard he has a daughter coming up on the JV that is a pretty good player as well.  What’s next on his bucket list trying to take Robin Dotson’s position as Warriors girls coach after his son graduates so he can tell the paper how bad all the other girls are on her team and how they don’t play with heart and passion like his kid?  
Stay tumed!

I didn't see TJs quote first and thought you guys were upset with the RV coach and his quote, which I thought was reasonable and innocuous. But now I see TJs quote and yeah it's a bad look. It wouldn't look as bad if he wasn't taking about his son, that adds an extra layer and makes it sound worse. 

giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe only Isaiah was playing with intensity and focus throughout the game? I've seen games where other players can not be as intense and ready to go as a star player, so maybe he was just saying the rest of the team needs to match Isaiahs intensity. 

And as everyone knows, I'm far from a McAmis fan haha so even giving him the benefit of the doubt makes me need a shower.

I am really interested to see how this team responds Friday night at Union. For the teams sake I hope they come out and have a better focus, intensity, heart, and will to win that they lacked against Ridgeview. 

I am not downing anybody in this post at all, Isaiah is an excellent ball player, and has a ton of upside to him, but he is not the player he is without his teammates, and I will say that and stand behind it through and through!!

Central is a much better team than what was displayed against RV Tuesday.  Hayes in most ways is a better player than Isaiah BUT when Hayes is taken completely out of his game as far as his drive and attack game and rebounding game by McAmis so that Isaiah can look like the better player on the court I think Central will continue to struggle. Again, it goes back to there is NO I in TEAM it takes every player on the court to win a game and everyone using their own strengths to help that team!! I think Central will come out ready to hopefully play the game that people got used to seeing and hearing about them playing in the Arby’s Classic.