Ridgeview

cowboysnskynyrd

What's the story behind this? This cannot be just a simple scenario of him wanting to retire or move on. Fill us in.

Mullins was a great coach, won a state title, but I feel like a different staff may have changed up enough to win the M7 and challenge Graham this year.

There needs to be a one question test for all candidates.

1. How many offensive plays are possible on any given down? 
a) There are only 6 possible offensive plays. 
b) There are more than 6 possible offensive plays. 

Anyone that answers b can be interviewed. 

As much as Ridgeview has driven me crazy Coach Mullins is a fine man and I wish him the best. It will be a big load off of him and I’m sure he will be happier. 

1 hour ago, big ugly vol said:

As much as Ridgeview has driven me crazy Coach Mullins is a fine man and I wish him the best. It will be a big load off of him and I’m sure he will be happier. 

This.  This all day.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, big ugly vol said:

The only plays available are Power to the strong side, Lead to the strong side, G Counter to the strong side, Toss to the strong side, Inside Zone to the strong side, GT Counter to the weak side(tricky, tricky), and Bootleg to the weak side. If you really want to catch the defense off guard either throw it 30+ yards deep on a Streak or run Draw, preferably Draw. Bootleg, Deep Pass, and Draw are reserved for 3rd and long only. Occasionally just to throw him a bone or when we have a superior athlete at the position run Fullback Dive.  No need for misdirection, or keeping the defense off balance.

All jokes aside, hes a fine man and one hell of a program builder, right up there with Robbins in that regard. Clintwood was a .so-so team that finished in the middle of the pack in the LPD when he took over, when Clintwood closed they were one of the premier programs in SWVA. His ability to  put together a program can not be overstated(I do realize his staff played a major role in that but he was the man). 

It seems like Coach Mullins wholeheartedly believes that offensive strategy can be summed up by putting your best player at Tailback and giving him the ball 30+ times a game. That's his greatest strength, giving his dude the ball but its also his greatest weakness, because when that doesn't work there is no plan B.

Assuming that RV gets there new HC from inside the existing staff I think the top 3 choices would be Tiller, Edwards or Grant I know that Tiller and I think Edwards both have Head Coaching experience and Grant has been one of the best assistant coaches in the area for years.

Whoever gets the job will be getting an offence loaded with returning skill players and should be able to put alot of points on the board

49 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I was under the impression that becoming the "heir apparent" is why Tiller left Fort Chiswell to come "home?"  Is that not the case?

This would be the first im hearing of it but Tiller would be a good choice; kids like him, hes got experience and was successful. 

17 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

After reading some of these posts one thing is for sure. if they hire someone to be the next coach from this board they will win about 5 state titles in a row

Idk if youre talking about me or not, but offensive diversity is not something Mullins was ever known for and its bit him in the butt multiple times; Eastern Montgomery '10, George Wythe '12, Grayson County,17, and Richlands '18 really stick out, his teams were better and lost (EM was a toss up talent wise). All of those except GW were at home. 

50 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

He would be number 1 on my wish list.  But I don't see that happening.

I've heard a couple people mention Mark Palmer, but I don't see that happening either.

I'm betting on Tiller, which would be ok with me.

Where is Rob Colley currently at?

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

He would be number 1 on my wish list.  But I don't see that happening.

I've heard a couple people mention Mark Palmer, but I don't see that happening either.

I'm betting on Tiller, which would be ok with me.

Mark Palmer would be an interesting hire for sure. He has had a lot of success as of late at PH but I remember some of the bad teams they have had over there too. I wonder what he would do with that kind of talent on a roster..