Ridgeview

cowboysnskynyrd

6 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

So him taking UNNECESSARY shots at someone who has the guts to coach and not hide behind a keyboard (which I’ll go ahead and save ya the trouble I’m a coach) and someone who has moved on and done so respectfully is him being totally innocent in this whole situation and we’re douches for sticking up for a human being? Yeah okay??

So someone making a light hearted joke is an asshole, but the person going completely over the top saying nasty stuff to a person personally isn't one? How does that make sense?

I don't give a shit if you're Nick Saban, it doesn't mean you weren't an asshole to personally insult someone, which havoc never did. 

5 hours ago, falconfan1 said:

Oh we are huh? Maybe you and havok can have a love fest. Why bring it up? What a bunch of clowns.

Yeah, you are. The only clowns I see are the ones getting so worked up and personally insulting someone for cracking a light hearted joke. Quit being a baby.

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Yeah, you are. The only clowns I see are the ones getting so worked up and personally insulting someone for cracking a light hearted joke. Quit being a baby.

It's no longer a "light hearted joke" when the horse has been beat and beat and beat....It was personally insulting to mention Akers "as a possibility" for the job because he didn't find success at a school and morons like you keep the narrative alive... did you ever see the time he put in to try and make a program successful? Did you ever see the time he spent away from family? Did you see any of the stuff he did? If the answer to ANY of those questions are No, anything anyone says on this board is invalid.... 

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I don't think anyone called him an asshole.  You need to hold his hand just a little bit longer today?  First of all, if you have never suited up and taken the field,  you should just keep your jokes and opinions to yourself.  I am pretty sure that he never played.  I guarantee that you all that sit on here and criticize people have no clue about what they do.  Probably heard it from one of your little GC cronies.

On 1/14/2020 at 3:00 PM, RustyShackleford said:

👀

23 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

your argument became invalid with the phrase "IN THE PAST"....literally had nothing to do with the coach in question....you brought this on yourself by rehashing a dead joke that literally makes you look foolish

16 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

So him taking UNNECESSARY shots at someone who has the guts to coach and not hide behind a keyboard (which I’ll go ahead and save ya the trouble I’m a coach) and someone who has moved on and done so respectfully is him being totally innocent in this whole situation and we’re douches for sticking up for a human being? Yeah okay??

I'm looking here...and wondering where I personally insulted him? where I made a joke about him? In the words of Ben Shapiro "Facts Don't Care about Your Feelings"...and the fact is....Havok made an unnecessary and not in the least funny joke and took an unwarranted jab at someone who is doing what NONE of you all are doing.... Would you make the same joke about Nick Saban? BOY HOWDY, he's probably the BEST coach that has ever walked this earth...How successful was he in Miami? It's all about placement and fit, maybe it wasn't the right placement of fit for GC and Akers, who knows....but I GUARANTEE he put the time and effort in to try and be successful...... 

2 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

Greg Schiano once said "Every man in America thinks he can do 2 things: Work a Grill and Coach Football"..... Better start marinating them steaks, or shut up and Apply for the job..... 

I probably wouldnt quote Greg Schiano very often.

I'm just saying, a lot of people get on here and say in jest "I would do this, I would do that....and question every thing WE coaches do....solely based on what you see on Friday nights.... How many people on here can say they watch hours upon hours of film.... I'm gonna say less than 1% of the "Bleacher Coaches" on here if even 1%.... and I get it, coaches are in public eye and should be able to take criticism.... but what I am angry about is the fact that this man, Akers, rode off into the sunset... and left no real wake other than this ill-conceived and asinine notion that you all seem to have about the man...and has moved on with his life...but you people can't let the damn thing go....It must be like heroin to you....if you don't mention his name at least once a week you will start shaking and have violent withdrawals from being absolute trolls who think you know something about something you know absolutely nothing about... if it's that bad I'm sure you all can google a picture of him... frame it... and just go bananas... but again...since it's such a joke for him to apply then I'm sure most of you all would be perfect fits and would go 15-0 and win State championships galore.... So shut up or apply 

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

I probably wouldnt quote Greg Schiano very often.

I'm not saying the person who said it is credible, but the quote holds a lot of TRUTH.... but I'm gonna quote an NFL and collegiate coach more than I am some troll who has nothing better to do with his life 

4 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

I'm just saying, a lot of people get on here and say in jest "I would do this, I would do that....and question every thing WE coaches do....solely based on what you see on Friday nights.... How many people on here can say they watch hours upon hours of film.... I'm gonna say less than 1% of the "Bleacher Coaches" on here if even 1%.... and I get it, coaches are in public eye and should be able to take criticism.... but what I am angry about is the fact that this man, Akers, rode off into the sunset... and left no real wake other than this ill-conceived and asinine notion that you all seem to have about the man...and has moved on with his life...but you people can't let the damn thing go....It must be like heroin to you....if you don't mention his name at least once a week you will start shaking and have violent withdrawals from being absolute trolls who think you know something about something you know absolutely nothing about... if it's that bad I'm sure you all can google a picture of him... frame it... and just go bananas... but again...since it's such a joke for him to apply then I'm sure most of you all would be perfect fits and would go 15-0 and win State championships galore.... So shut up or apply 

Youre the only person getting so worked up over Chris Akers.

The Akers stuff isn't about him personally, how do you still not get it? It's a meme specifically to this forum. It's an inside joke and it's not used to denigrate Chris Akers. 

How is it not about him personally? You’re slandering his name by making a mockery of him. It’s literally asinine and childish to continually bring his name up. I’m getting worked up because he’s a colleague, and I will always defend my own. Doesn’t matter what his record is or what ill-conceived notions you have about him based off of people that don’t know him but only through some sh*t show of a message board where a bunch of arm-chair coaches, has beens, and never weres can get on here and pretend they know it all and harass an individual. Admit it, it was an unnecessary comment made, unrelated to the topic being discussed. Again, when someone can tell me how much film they watch, how many hours they spend away from their families, how many days and nights they put in, then I will consider them to have a valid argument. Until then, you’re just being juvenile in assuming you can harass an individual 

18 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Youre the only person getting so worked up over Chris Akers.

The Akers stuff isn't about him personally, how do you still not get it? It's a meme specifically to this forum. It's an inside joke and it's not used to denigrate Chris Akers. 

I don’t feel it is about him.  I still feel that it was an awful hire by the powers that were in place at gate city.   However, he applied and he is a big boy and he knew the pros and cons to the job.   You can’t have his record at gc and be able to outrun it.  No matter what he does from here on out, he still will be remembered for his time at gc. Hate it for him but it is what it is.  To rusty:  your comments are only fanning the flames

20 hours ago, RustyShackleford said:

How is it not about him personally? You’re slandering his name by making a mockery of him. It’s literally asinine and childish to continually bring his name up. I’m getting worked up because he’s a colleague, and I will always defend my own. Doesn’t matter what his record is or what ill-conceived notions you have about him based off of people that don’t know him but only through some sh*t show of a message board where a bunch of arm-chair coaches, has beens, and never weres can get on here and pretend they know it all and harass an individual. Admit it, it was an unnecessary comment made, unrelated to the topic being discussed. Again, when someone can tell me how much film they watch, how many hours they spend away from their families, how many days and nights they put in, then I will consider them to have a valid argument. Until then, you’re just being juvenile in assuming you can harass an individual 

Aren't you guys all adults getting paid? Criticism comes with the territory, if you can't handle it, find another profession. 

And it's not about him personally because no one actually cares about him in that context. You're aware of what memes and jokes are, right? Havoc wasn't mocking Akers, it's mocking all the debate on here about his coaching acumen. 

no one is going to kiss your ass because you're a coach, and it's insane that you think coaching makes you above reproach. Just because people can't devote their life to breaking down high school film for free doesn't mean they can't share their opinion. It's up to you to figure out if you find the criticism valid and actually take it to heart or brush it off because the person doesn't know shit. 

Per local source:

The Ridgeview Robotics Team (state and national qualifier) is developing an app to allow all Ridgeview fans to vote on 3 plays before each snap and then a coach will signal in the winning play call. Also going to do the same with defense. No head coach needed anymore. Just signal callers. 

It will be like real life Madden. Was also told that on Sundays coaching fans would get to pick which Madden play book to use during the week. 

9 hours ago, DB-6130 said:

Per local source:

The Ridgeview Robotics Team (state and national qualifier) is developing an app to allow all Ridgeview fans to vote on 3 plays before each snap and then a coach will signal in the winning play call. Also going to do the same with defense. No head coach needed anymore. Just signal callers. 

It will be like real life Madden. Was also told that on Sundays coaching fans would get to pick which Madden play book to use during the week. 

I’m too old for madden. Can we do Tecmobowl?