Ridgeview

cowboysnskynyrd

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Hangtime said:

He should.

So he can run out of the T? (Dont see that transferring would benefit him in any way unless Ridgeview compleatly mishandles there coaching hire

I have heard that Central picked up a kid from Burton though any truth to that?

13 hours ago, Counts said:

So he can run out of the T? (Dont see that transferring would benefit him in any way unless Ridgeview compleatly mishandles there coaching hire

I have heard that Central picked up a kid from Burton though any truth to that?

Not sure unless it was the younger Teasley. 

The #9 recruit in VA and #25 RB in the 2021 class in the country according to 24/7 and Rivals just transferred to his third high school in four years. Hasn’t stopped him from receiving 26 offers with more coming in every day. 

48 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If so, he hasn't left Union yet.  He's still on the bench helping out the Union girls basketball team.  But that rumor has gained a little steam over the last week or so.

School board meeting in DC is tomorrow so I figure that if the hire has been decided the vote would be then.

The guy we are talking about is Jason Edwards right? I think he was a Haysi Grad other than that i really dont know much about him ie how long has he been coaching and where other than Union ect. 

5 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

what has he proven

I'm not an expert on Fort Chiswell, but he took a 500 student school competing in 2A to the 3rd round of the playoffs in his 2nd season. He improved their ability to compete which would indicate that the kids bought in and he improved their mindset. Something you definitely want in a head coach. You don't always have talent to compete, but you can tell if the kids give up or not.

2 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

he took over a year or so after they went to a state championship. posted a 16-18 record and then left about a week before the season started after 3 years when it was obvious the talent was gone

To the best of my knowledge, Ft. Chiswell hasn't made it to a state championship game. They did get to the semis 2 years before he took over though. It is certainly possible they would have posted the sub .500 records in '18 and '19 had he been there, but there's no way of knowing that. The only thing that is known is how his teams competed while he was there.

Don't know the guy, but posts on this forum and articles in the newspapers were very positive of his time there. But, hey, if the rumors are true, you won't have to worry about finding out what he does at Ridgeview.

27 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

he took over a year or so after they went to a state championship. posted a 16-18 record and then left about a week before the season started after 3 years when it was obvious the talent was gone

Obviously, Ridgeview will go with a familiar face. They will not hire someone that has not been in the county before. They are not hiring within because they would have already hired them. It has to be the guy from Union. No doubt

46 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

To the best of my knowledge, Ft. Chiswell hasn't made it to a state championship game. They did get to the semis 2 years before he took over though. It is certainly possible they would have posted the sub .500 records in '18 and '19 had he been there, but there's no way of knowing that. The only thing that is known is how his teams competed while he was there.

Don't know the guy, but posts on this forum and articles in the newspapers were very positive of his time there. But, hey, if the rumors are true, you won't have to worry about finding out what he does at Ridgeview.

Looking at the 4 season page the year before tiller took over Fort Chiswell went 7-3 and lost in the 1 round of the playoffs

Tiller year 1 went 0-10 if I remember correct (and I may not) Tiller took over last min as the head coach resigned right befor the season started

Tiller year 2 went 9-4 losing the region C Championship game to Galax

Tiller year 3 went 7-4 In there 1st  year as a AA school loseing to Giles in there 1st playoff game

1st year without Tiller 5-6 loseing in the 1st round of the playoffs vs Radford

2nd year without Tiller 4-6 No playoffs

Tiller was only 16-18 in his 3 seasons there but was 16-8 when he had an actual off season to prepare

No Idea what type of head coach he would/will make but nothing in his time at Fort Chiswell and his 2 years as an assistant at Ridgeview  throws up any red flags to me.

As to the timeing as I understand it the Schoolboard had to open up the search last month and will vote this month (Thursday I think) I am sure that whoever has gotten the job (Assuming that a choice has been made) knows already

6 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

he may be the guy and do very well, i just don't think proven describes him that well. just a wording disagreement i guess. i will say this i heard he was interviewing or interviewed for the richlands job so who knows

That would be interesting on a few fronts...1.) Sorta contradicts the reasons given to leave Fort Chiswell. 2.) Would be indicative of definitely NOT getting the Ridgeview job. 3.) Possible indication of not getting something promised for coming "home." 4.) Richlands would for certain prove his ability.

2 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

Tiller took over a Fort Chiswell program that had been decimated by Tom Hale!  Tiller went 0-10 in his first season while getting players committed to the work required to compete.  After his first season, he went 16-8 with wins over Galax, Chilhowie, George Wythe, Radford and Giles.

30 minutes ago, DB-6130 said:

I would say he has proven that he can win games and playoff games as a head coach. 

I was still holding out hope that they would let the fans call the plays using an app. Vote all week on who starts and what position like America's Got Talent. 

betting man says they would still complain