Warriors vs Bears

Warrior4Life2020

On 1/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, Hoodjunky27 said:

This post 🤘🤘

Mcamis isn't that good. Put a good defense on him and he's shut down. Play physical basketball and he's crying. He will be put in his place soon enough and I can't wait to see it 😁

That got proven tonight

On 1/11/2020 at 3:51 PM, BigWinners said:

You know what? I like you. Please continue this shtick because I'm sure it makes TJ furious and I'm in favor of anyone or anything that  manages that task.

Apparently centrals own fans were angering him tonight

32 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Any craziness?

If losing a double digit lead 4 to 5 times counts as craziness, then yes........up by 12 at one point in the 3rd quarter, and lost by 10, 69 to 59. 

18 minutes ago, who? said:

Hayes.  By far the best basketball player on wise’s team.  Hate it for him.  Go ahead and give dean player of the year for m7.  Why didn’t tj let the prodigal son guard him ?

Hayes can play ball got to give credit where credit is due but whoever compared 32 to Mac clearly didn’t watch the same games I did 2 years ago 

1 hour ago, who? said:

Hayes.  By far the best basketball player on wise’s team.  Hate it for him.  Go ahead and give dean player of the year for m7.  Why didn’t tj let the prodigal son guard him ?

Even near the end, McAmis didn't check Dean? I can understand it early, don't wanna get him in foul trouble, but when the game is on the line, your best wing defender should be guarding the opponents best wing scorer. 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Even near the end, McAmis didn't check Dean? I can understand it early, don't wanna get him in foul trouble, but when the game is on the line, your best wing defender should be guarding the opponents best wing scorer. 

He was too busy whining about the officiating being different in Virginia than it is in Florida or at the Arby's.

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Hayes is their best wing defender, and it’s not close 

HAHA, play the game and take what you get. Have to quit worrying about things that you can't change, and play the game.  Also helps when you get more people involved than just 2 players.  You have 5 to 6 guys doing all the dirty work on the boards, playing defense, and putting their body on the line as far as taking charges and everything else that don't show up in the stat line, and two players getting praised for everything.  I'll say it until I am blue in the face, McAmis and Hayes are both great ball players, but until you get more involved on offense when those two are not hitting or having a tough time getting open shots, things will continue to be the same.

GC will win the M7 again this year.

The tale of two halves was the theme last night.  Wise was hitting their shots and playing good defense in the 1st half and then GC flipped the switch in the 2nd half and took it to them.  Wise definitely only had the two scoring threats on offense.  I read the coaches quote about the physical play but that’s how SWVA basketball is played.  It’s always very physical, especially between these two teams.  I thought it was a clean game from both sides though, not like in games past.  McAmis can create his own shot and they were falling up until a few minutes into the 2nd half.  A lot of that can be credited to the defense played on him.  Hayes, I felt like could have been used more on offense.  He was good at driving to the paint and getting a good look.

GC looked too passive all night to me.  Of the games I’ve seen this year they were looking to get the ball to Dean more so then they usually have.  He came through hitting big shot after big shot but he’ll have to get more help on that side of the ball going down the stretch.  The rematch in Wise will be a classic I’m sure as well as the district championship, barring anything crazy happening.   If Wise beats GC next time and they finish tied do they have a playoff game to determine the winner or how do they determine that?

1 hour ago, Hokie101 said:

The tale of two halves was the theme last night.  Wise was hitting their shots and playing good defense in the 1st half and then GC flipped the switch in the 2nd half and took it to them.  Wise definitely only had the two scoring threats on offense.  I read the coaches quote about the physical play but that’s how SWVA basketball is played.  It’s always very physical, especially between these two teams.  I thought it was a clean game from both sides though, not like in games past.  McAmis can create his own shot and they were falling up until a few minutes into the 2nd half.  A lot of that can be credited to the defense played on him.  Hayes, I felt like could have been used more on offense.  He was good at driving to the paint and getting a good look.

GC looked too passive all night to me.  Of the games I’ve seen this year they were looking to get the ball to Dean more so then they usually have.  He came through hitting big shot after big shot but he’ll have to get more help on that side of the ball going down the stretch.  The rematch in Wise will be a classic I’m sure as well as the district championship, barring anything crazy happening.   If Wise beats GC next time and they finish tied do they have a playoff game to determine the winner or how do they determine that?

Yes, unless head to head can determine a champion between two teams who are tied in the district standings, then a one game playoff must be played to determine the regular season champ, because the regular season champ gets an automatic Region bid and gets to host the district tournament.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Okay if so, was he guarding Dean down the stretch?

He guarded him off and on I believe but for the most part he didn’t.  A lot of Dean’s shots were so far behind the line they didn’t think to pick him up it seemed.

Bottom line and the folks from Wise get their panties in a wad when I talk about mediocre coaching on the boys side although the record speaks for itself. The cold,hard truth is you give Scotty 5 seniors to put on the floor and GC beats everybody in the distric by 20+ and plays for the state title. I knew Central was in trouble when they barely scraped by the youngest Union squad I've seen. There's only one excuse for this Warrior team to not sail through the distric. we know what it is:)

23 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Bottom line and the folks from Wise get their panties in a wad when I talk about mediocre coaching on the boys side although the record speaks for itself. The cold,hard truth is you give Scotty 5 seniors to put on the floor and GC beats everybody in the distric by 20+ and plays for the state title. I knew Central was in trouble when they barely scraped by the youngest Union squad I've seen. There's only one excuse for this Warrior team to not sail through the distric. we know what it is:)

☝️☝️☝️

I dont think gc will be playing for state title.  They are good but not that good.  They have to find somebody else besides dean.   He can’t have 40 every game.   Other coaches eventually will hold him to mid 20s.