Sign in to follow this  
BBHoops_18

Prep Showcase in Bristol?

Has anyone been to this before? I see Bluefield is playing Wesley Christian in KY and University School in TN. Don't know anything about these schools. How does Bluefield match up? Do they have a chance? I see University is also playing Oak Hill, the real one not their red team. Also Chapmanville in WV is playing Abingdon. I could see that getting lopsided pretty fast. 

University High is a good 1A team located on the ETSU campus in Johnson City.  Oak Hill will annihilate them though.  Not sure what kind of basketball program Bluefield has, but I would assume they are probably decent.  Bluefield and UH may be a good one.

30 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

University High is a good 1A team located on the ETSU campus in Johnson City.  Oak Hill will annihilate them though.  Not sure what kind of basketball program Bluefield has, but I would assume they are probably decent.  Bluefield and UH may be a good one.

Why are they scheduling a 1A team against Oak Hill? Seems like that would be a big mismatch.

If University is the school in JC then I question who is in charge of pairing these teams.  Oak Hill is a top 5 team in the nation.  They shouldn’t be playing a small school like that.  It really wouldn’t be fair to either team in my opinion.