Prep Showcase in Bristol?

BBHoops_18

Has anyone been to this before? I see Bluefield is playing Wesley Christian in KY and University School in TN. Don't know anything about these schools. How does Bluefield match up? Do they have a chance? I see University is also playing Oak Hill, the real one not their red team. Also Chapmanville in WV is playing Abingdon. I could see that getting lopsided pretty fast. 

30 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

University High is a good 1A team located on the ETSU campus in Johnson City.  Oak Hill will annihilate them though.  Not sure what kind of basketball program Bluefield has, but I would assume they are probably decent.  Bluefield and UH may be a good one.

Why are they scheduling a 1A team against Oak Hill? Seems like that would be a big mismatch.

If University is the school in JC then I question who is in charge of pairing these teams.  Oak Hill is a top 5 team in the nation.  They shouldn’t be playing a small school like that.  It really wouldn’t be fair to either team in my opinion.

I wished I had went last night now and watched, but after being at games every day this week, I thought I should take a rest last night with me attending games tonight in Abingdon and tomorrow in Greeneville as well.

I read Brian Woodson's article in the BHC yesterday about Bluefield's team.  Even though he works in Bristol now and covers the NETN teams, you can tell that he still follows basketball in that area quite a bit.  It was a good article.  Bluefield must be a dang good team.  That team that plays Abingdon tomorrow, Chapmanville must also be dang good.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I wished I had went last night now and watched, but after being at games every day this week, I thought I should take a rest last night with me attending games tonight in Abingdon and tomorrow in Greeneville as well.

I read Brian Woodson's article in the BHC yesterday about Bluefield's team.  Even though he works in Bristol now and covers the NETN teams, you can tell that he still follows basketball in that area quite a bit.  It was a good article.  Bluefield must be a dang good team.  That team that plays Abingdon tomorrow, Chapmanville must also be dang good.

Yeah that was a good article. Chapmanville beat Bluefield a few weeks ago by ten. No disrespect to Abingdon but I think Chapmanville against one of these private schools could’ve been a better matchup but anything can happen. After what I had read about Wesley Christian I wasn’t sure Bluefield could compete.

2 hours ago, Beavers Rule said:

The 7 footer didn't play but the other two starters did.  Their coach said they were hobbled with injuries but played anyway.

The other two did not. I believe their names were Maemets and Beemon?

a bad third quarter cost abingdon against chapmanville,     missed several easy shots in that period,  i dont think they would have won but they could have made it interesting     great effort from the falcons against some great talent,  the guard they have is very smooth, the big kid had several blocks but the falcons kept taking it to the basket,  this game will pay off for them come tourney time in the M7