District standings

TheDuke

yeah the BHC is a joke,  just now finishing the basketball previews and the season is half way done,  thanks for this link,  see they left the BDD out of it though,  going to be an interesting second half of the season

The newspapers around here are a joke. I remember when they would put out stat leaders in football and basketball during the season. Standings and have multiple write ups. They don't have the writers they used to have. Tim Hayes is the best writer in the area I think. I enjoy reading his stuff

It's not a lack of writers per se, it's a lack of budget. Newspapers are dying fast and papers can't afford to send people to as many games or devote as many resources to covering all the local sports. 

Hard to keep the doors open with subscriber numbers freefalling. 

but Tim is a fantastic writer and the BHC needs to do everything possible to keep him. 

most of the loss of subscribers is the price per paper.  It seemed to jump from $.75 to $2.00 overnight.  Older people will pay that because they actually read the entire paper.  Most people only get a paper for 1-2 sections.  Some like to see sports, some like the region, etc.  Not worth it at $2.  

13 hours ago, UnionBears84 said:

Tim Hayes is the best writer in the area I think. I enjoy reading his stuff

He would be a lot better if 90% of his articles weren't devoted to what happened in the past. Those folks got plenty of press back during their glory days. These kids playing today hardly get a sentence. 

23 hours ago, stantheman said:

yeah the BHC is a joke,  just now finishing the basketball previews and the season is half way done,  thanks for this link,  see they left the BDD out of it though,  going to be an interesting second half of the season

The KTN does not cover the Black Diamond or Hogoheegee districts.  Just M7 and Cumberland.

2 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

He would be a lot better if 90% of his articles weren't devoted to what happened in the past. Those folks got plenty of press back during their glory days. These kids playing today hardly get a sentence. 

I love history with Hayes. I learn a lot through his articles. 

8 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Whether you enjoy the subject matter or not, there's no denying Tim's prowess at telling compelling stories.

10 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

He only writes that column once a week, so that's not exactly anywhere close to 90% of what he writes about.  I think it is neat to see that kind of stuff.