m7 games

stantheman

I’ve said it all year. One of Union/Lee/RV will be left home and it’s a shame. Not sure there is 5 point difference in any of the 3 anytime they play. Does anyone know the system they use to determine regional qualification in M7 basketball? I could see all 3 of those schools ending up with the same record. 

9 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

I’ve said it all year. One of Union/Lee/RV will be left home and it’s a shame. Not sure there is 5 point difference in any of the 3 anytime they play. Does anyone know the system they use to determine regional qualification in M7 basketball? I could see all 3 of those schools ending up with the same record. 

The system was posted on here once upon a time, last year perhaps, by someone.

Basically you get points for a regular season finish and a tournament finish.  I know everyone gets points for their regular season finish, but only the four semifinalists in the tournament get points, which is why they have the third place game in the tournament.  Total points determine the district seeding for region.  Very confusing and I hate it.

In my opinion, the district tournament should determine the seeding.  That's how it works on the Tennessee side anyway.