GC at Central

Hokie101

This should be a very intense game as always.  Based on the write up in the BHC, centrals coach is probably more aware of GC’s winning streak then GC is.  He mentioned it a couple of times and tried to play the no pressure on them game.  In my opinion there may be more pressure on Central for the fact that they haven’t beaten GC yet and this is supposed to be their year in the M7.  I do think home court will play a HUGE role in this game.  Central seems to be playing better ball after the back to back losses to GC and Abingdon.  GC has found another scoring threat in Hensley to take some pressure of Dean a little.

22 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

This should be a very intense game as always.  Based on the write up in the BHC, centrals coach is probably more aware of GC’s winning streak then GC is.  He mentioned it a couple of times and tried to play the no pressure on them game.  In my opinion there may be more pressure on Central for the fact that they haven’t beaten GC yet and this is supposed to be their year in the M7.  I do think home court will play a HUGE role in this game.  Central seems to be playing better ball after the back to back losses to GC and Abingdon.  GC has found another scoring threat in Hensley to take some pressure of Dean a little.

I noticed that he kept mentioning no pressure.  I'm like this dude is already sweating.  

Central has been playing better ball the last part of the season. I agree that their is no pressure on them going into Friday's game, they do not have a winning streak on the line, and beating Gate City one time does not really help them out that much for seeding in the tournament.  Gate City is always a tough game, and Vermillion always has his bunch ready to play. Gate City fans travel well, and are always loud.  I don't expect anything any different this Friday.  It will be a packed gym with this being Central's senior night. Can the Warriors get over the hump with this being possibly the last home game for 7 seniors?

Central played lights out in the 1st half against Gate City, and limited Dean in the 1st half and was in control.  The 2nd half was a different story, like a light switch was flipped and no one could stop Dean from draining 3's from half court.  Dean is game changer, as he can score from anywhere on the court, and his ability to pass makes him that much stronger of a player.

If you plan to get a seat,  you better get there early.

I doubt it gets played tomorrow.  Flooding will probably prevent it from happening.  

That being said, it was odd to see a coach talk about no pressure and say the opponent has some long win streak, I dont know how long then later go on to mention a number later in the interview. Plus why keep your team in the locker room longer usual after a win to discuss this game?  It seems like the psychology of the game is an issue. 

I would like to see the game though.  If it is postponed I hope it will fall on a day I can watch it. 

Central down 67-54 about 5 mins left.  Central tried to hype up the crowd with daddies boy possibly pealing off an elbow scab getting blood on his jersey then putting on a #24 Jersey.  Did not work.  

19 hours ago, #BBN said:

Outcoached........bottom line........ran a 2-3 zone defense in the first half and kept it close, then never went back to it and got blown out!!!

Not that it's a shock. Scotty would have cruised through the distric with the kids TJ has. Everybody else sees it

Great game.  It lived up to the hype in my opinion.  Dean was on fire at the start.  He’s known for his range but I don’t think he gets enough credit on his driving and being able to absorb the contact and still finish.  He’s a tough kid.  When Central went to zone it definitely played to their favor.  It slowed GC’s offense down and kept the game close.  I was surprised, like some of you all, that they never went back to it.  I don’t know why they didn’t .  Mack and Starnes did a great job slowing McAmis.  That’s a tough duo to have to deal with for an entire game.  Central definitely played like a team under more pressure than GC.

I agree Hokie101, Dean has improved his game as far as driving to the basket and finishing.  He also made a lot of good passes that lead to easy points for GC.  Dean is definitely a game changer.

Not sure that Central would of won if they would of stayed in the 2-3 zone but I definitely think the game would of been much closer, and I think everybody else agrees with me as well.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:44 PM, who? said:

Tj sucks.  Nuff said.  An egomaniac with no reason to be.  Gate city hopes he coaches forever

Yeh it's funny hearing him talk "no pressure" or whatever when he has been gifted his career from his Daddy.  Of course he doesn't have any pressure on him.  Dad will take care of him.  He has very few fans in Wise or Pound