Mance news

techfan

Heard new coach will be hired at March school board meeting, not sure if that’s true or not. Also heard Mance might be taking a Richlands person along for the ride to Loris, once again just a rumor. The next month should answer a lot of the questions that our pondering minds want to know. 😂😂😂 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Heard new coach will be hired at March school board meeting, not sure if that’s true or not. Also heard Mance might be taking a Richlands person along for the ride to Loris, once again just a rumor. The next month should answer a lot of the questions that our pondering minds want to know. 😂😂😂 

No way that the hire will be at the March school board meeting. That has to be too quick of a turn around

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I've heard second part of your post is very likely true

Well,  we had a good run ! 

I will always be grateful for all the fun we as Blue Tornado fans have had over the last 20 years.  A lot of programs have never come close to the kind of success Richlands has had under Coach Mance !  I have a feeling that some of the fans I heard complaining about his coaching  ( it was a small minority )  will find out that you better be careful what you wish for,  sometimes wishes come true. 

Thank you Coach Mance for all you have done for our little town............you will be missed,  but I wish you and Ann all the best in your new journey !  Also a big thanks to all the other coaches on his staff over the years for all their hard work !

9 hours ago, local_insight said:

Sage Webb is outta here son!

If rumor's hold true, it's not a player, it's an assistant coach.  We're probably going to hear a lot of speculation going around, but I can't see a player going to Loris due to all that would involve, I mean you're talking about uprooting an entire family, so no I don't think it would be a player and Webb is staying put.  Changes will come throughout life, and those who learn to look to the future and not live in the past, will be the victor's.  Richlands has had a good run, but that doesn't mean we have to close the lid on the coffin just yet, could be an ever better run coming. IMO

4 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

If rumor's hold true, it's not a player, it's an assistant coach.  We're probably going to hear a lot of speculation going around, but I can't see a player going to Loris due to all that would involve, I mean you're talking about uprooting an entire family, so no I don't think it would be a player and Webb is staying put.  Changes will come throughout life, and those who learn to look to the future and not live in the past, will be the victor's.  Richlands has had a good run, but that doesn't mean we have to close the lid on the coffin just yet, could be an ever better run coming. IMO

There are parents delusional enough to do this, particularly there...

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ve had conversations with people with reason to know that would dispute this.

McClung was never considered by Oak Hill.  His senior year, they were already over-committed on guards.  They had seven guards signed to D1 programs including current Oregon Duck starting PG and Florida Gators starting SG.  Oak Hill also had three sophomore guards on that team that everyone is currently fighting over.

No offense to McClung intended.  Steve just didn't have space for another guard on that team!

I’ve heard plenty of rumors  as well. An assistant,  that is a friend of Webb’s family has said that 100 percent “ that sage has immediately family in loris and would love to play for coach Mance but didn’t think his family would move. Also I’m pretty sure Webb’s dad and mom work in the area and are involved in the Richlands community. Can’t see them moving ... but I have heard his ties with the bluefield area would be more likely as a landing spot 

12 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

I’ve heard plenty of rumors  as well. An assistant,  that is a friend of Webb’s family has said that 100 percent “ that sage has immediately family in loris and would love to play for coach Mance but didn’t think his family would move. Also I’m pretty sure Webb’s dad and mom work in the area and are involved in the Richlands community. Can’t see them moving ... but I have heard his ties with the bluefield area would be more likely as a landing spot 

Bluefield might be understandable, but would transferring to Loris really help any player that much? Outside of relocating to the beach area, how would that help him get to the next level, just asking.  IMO Webb would be the go to guy for Richlands, and let's face it, probably his best chance to get next level recognition.

Webb will be fine wherever he goes or stays.  From all accounts he is a good kid with hard work ethic.  I’m sure I speak for the Richlands faithful In hoping he stays.  I’m pretty sure though he /his parents have some concerns about the time frame of a new head coach.  The sooner the better IMO ,  if they get the right person.  I’m still hearing wells as a possible front runner but I’m wondering if there is a few more names that may get in the mix ?  

2 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Webb will be fine wherever he goes or stays.  From all accounts he is a good kid with hard work ethic.  I’m sure I speak for the Richlands faithful In hoping he stays.  I’m pretty sure though he /his parents have some concerns about the time frame of a new head coach.  The sooner the better IMO ,  if they get the right person.  I’m still hearing wells as a possible front runner but I’m wondering if there is a few more names that may get in the mix ?  

I’m not Blues’ fan obviously but I respect the program that was built and the coaching staff over the years. I would hope Webb stays put too. He’s going to get the offers regardless. I can’t see uprooting the whole family to play for Mance in Loris. Sports makes parents do peculiar things, though. Ronnie Davis, current defensive coordinator applied according to someone he told personally. Take that for what it’s worth. I can see him giving up softball after this year with his star pitcher that won them state graduating this spring and focusing completely on coaching football . Football is a different bear to head coach than girls’ softball though. For the players and parents, I hope they make a decision sooner rather than later. Then the rumor mill can quit churning, lol. 

Heard there's 99% chance from someone at RHS that it's going to be Wells.  Now take it for what it's worth which probably isn't much, lol. The question is if it's Thad Wells, does he keep any of the current assistants if so, who? Or does he bring in his own people. 

57 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Heard there's 99% chance from someone at RHS that it's going to be Wells.  Now take it for what it's worth which probably isn't much, lol. The question is if it's Thad Wells, does he keep any of the current assistants if so, who? Or does he bring in his own people. 

I said this a while back talking about mance retiring not moving and some Richlands fan basically told me no way it would happen....can't remember who it was

And since one of ours is no longer there. In not as big a blues fan as I was. And if wells does get it I will be less of one lol