Mance news

techfan

12 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Know there is a School Board meeting this evening, wonder if a new HC will be decided on during the meeting?

Heard they held interviews today. I'm still hearing Wells is likely HC and bringing some people with him, won't keep more than three current assistants. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

8 hours ago, sixcat said:

Excluding Bland, every school in the Mountain Empire and Three Rivers has a dedicated AD that does not coach. Bland very well could as well, I just don’t know about them. 

Giles so called AD is head JV football coach and helps varsity...was head baseball coach last couple years

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Heard they held interviews today. I'm still hearing Wells is likely HC and bringing some people with him, won't keep more than three current assistants. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Also held several yesterday (Wednesday), too. We should know something sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Also held several yesterday (Wednesday), too. We should know something sooner rather than later.

9 total I believe were interviewed, maybe four or five of those current assistants and none were Mike Compton & Thad Wells was among them. You may know more specifics than me. I'm getting secondhand info., Lol. Yes, I'd say you're right sooner than later. 

Thad Wells is the new Richlands High School head coach, AD, and teacher. Via. Richlands high employee. He will restaff most of the coachs. From what I hear the three staying are Davis, Daughtery, Tarter, and the rest will undergo evaluation (most likely canned). 

22 minutes ago, local_insight said:

Thad Wells is the new Richlands High School head coach, AD, and teacher. Via. Richlands high employee. He will restaff most of the coachs. From what I hear the three staying are Davis, Daughtery, Tarter, and the rest will undergo evaluation (most likely canned). 

Wow I called this one months ago when talking about when Greg retired...and for hammered for it...oh well go Loris Lions!!

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

who is thad wells

Former Richalnds QB. Then became the OC at Richlands. Left to be the OC at Virginia High and his two seasons there they were really good. Then went to a private school in SC for a couple years. Left there and became the HC at Blacksburg. Won a state title there and should have had a second one as well. Then took the HC job at Mooresville High in NC. 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Be careful mentioning that second name on this board... some folks get their panties in a wad if you do...

That second name is in a mess of legal trouble along with several others at his current position. Look up freelance news reporter Orly Salinas on Facebook and enjoy the reading!

5 hours ago, sixcat said:

That second name is in a mess of legal trouble along with several others at his current position. Look up freelance news reporter Orly Salinas on Facebook and enjoy the reading!

You mean this guy??? 

https://www.roanoke.com/news/charges-against-orlando-salinas-dropped/article_9c107eb6-a78b-5f3d-9e1a-d19ab8382db1.html

54 minutes ago, GMan said:

Yeah, same guy. I’m not suggesting he isn’t somewhat “off“ himself.  With that said, objectively reading the letters and listening to the recordings provided about the FC incident can easily be separated from the source making the information public. Besides, rumors surrounding “initiation” rituals at FC we’re going around during my playing days. 

The Bill Akers that is mentioned in the Facebook post, is that any relation to Chris? 

And for the record this thread just really got derailed😂 I have a vision of Leatherhead Larry sitting in a recliner down in Gate City smoking a cigar saying "I tried to tell them guys on that board and they wouldn't listen."