Mance news

techfan

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

They’re good for Virginia 2A, but Charlotte area football is in another dimension.  Bluefield, WV, the winningest program in this area by any measure, played 5 games over 4 years against Charlotte Country Day and Charlotte Latin.  Bluefield went 0-3 against Charlotte Country Day, and only 1 of those games was close (2009, and they won the WV AA title that season).  Bluefield went 1-1 against Charlotte Latin (a 31-14 loss and a 61-37 win).  Bluefield would beat Richlands 4/5 of the time if the schools played that often.  That’s about the best comparison I can give.

Got ya. To give you an idea of the conference Mooresville competes in... 2 seasons ago... there was a point as conference play began, 6 of the 8 teams were ranked in the state top 25. Lol. 

14 hours ago, MooresvilleBlueDevil06 said:

Is Richlands no good? Idk a thing about them

My brother lives in Cornelius.  His kids attend Hough.  I've been to many, many games over the years.  Richlands would be lucky to win more than one I-MECK conference game per season.  That's not intended to be a knock on Richlands in any way.  It's just the reality of rural small-school football in Virginia versus Charlotte area programs.  The I-MECK is easily the toughest conference in North Carolina and my opinion is, tougher than any conference in Virginia as well.

There's a reason the head football coach of one of the ten best high school football teams in Virginia (Indian River)  left to coach at Vance!

35 minutes ago, sixcat said:

My brother lives in Cornelius.  His kids attend Hough.  I've been to many, many games over the years.  Richlands would be lucky to win more than one I-MECK conference game per season.  That's not intended to be a knock on Richlands in any way.  It's just the reality of rural small-school football in Virginia versus Charlotte area programs.  The I-MECK is easily the toughest conference in North Carolina and my opinion is, tougher than any conference in Virginia as well.

There's a reason the head football coach of one of the ten best high school football teams in Virginia (Indian River)  left to coach at Vance!

Ahhh yes Hough. We do not like them in Mooresville lol

16 hours ago, MooresvilleBlueDevil06 said:

Is Richlands no good? Idk a thing about them

I've got an odd personal connection to Mooresville.  Bought my first dog from a breeder there (very nice gentleman named Max Nanney who lived right behind the MHS football field and had retired as principal there).  He was a really great little hound, and I always think of him when I hear that place mentioned.

16 minutes ago, fishfan said:

It’s Thad Wells ladies and gentlemen!

Congrats to Coach Wells. It’s always a special opportunity to be able to go home and lead the program you played for. Although your time in Mooresville was brief, the adversity you led our team and community through last season, with the loss of one of our warriors, we couldn’t thank you enough! Nothing but love and respect to you coach. Best wishes to you and your family up there. You’ll always be considered a part of the Blue Devil family

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I heard he was most likely bringing in some of his own and keeping a couple Richlands people. But you know...just rumors. 

Rumors have it only 3 acting coaches stay, bringing 1 with him and 2 that's Richlands native but didnt attend Richlands for high school. 

2 hours ago, local_insight said:

Rumors have it only 3 acting coaches stay, bringing 1 with him and 2 that's Richlands native but didnt attend Richlands for high school. 

You probably have more "insight" than me. I'm sure it will be known soon enough. Which three is he rumored to keep? 

17 minutes ago, MooresvilleBlueDevil06 said:

As some that’s in Mooresville I personally have no idea if anyone here is going with him. If I was going to assume I would think the ones that came with him from Blacksburg May be in play to go with him to Richlands. But that’s just me purely speculating

Who came with him from Blacksburg?

11 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Brandon Compton is one. They played together at Richlands. He’s been Thad’s DC almost every where he’s went I believe. 

Oh ok never heard of him...not one of the ones I know...the ones I know are all bburg guys not people that came with him from a previous job

14 minutes ago, Great City said:

Question. How do head coaches bring assistants with them?

If these people are not already employed at the school, does the school make positions for them?

12 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I was wondering that myself

There is usually enough yearly attrition in a school system to find a job "somewhere" for an assistant. Middle school, feeder school or even neighboring school until they can wiggle them into wherever they want/need them. I've seen some pretty creative situations conjured up to hire/retain/move/accommodate a coach when they need to.