Conference Tournaments

#BBN

Agreed. I hate rotating locations. You play the regular season to earn the top seed and get to host the games. It's been at GC in the M7 for like a decade now but they've earned it.

Region tourneys should be at a neutral spot, but in conference let the team who earned it host.

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

The Union boys beat Ridgeview handily tonight to advance to second round.

I went.  I wished I hadn't.  

After all the hype all season that said the M7 tournament would be wild and woolly, all the top seeds prevail in their first round matchups and by decisive margins as well.

Lee High is also locked in at M7 #4 and will travel to Graham in first round of Region 2D.

2 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I went.  I wished I hadn't.  

After all the hype all season that said the M7 tournament would be wild and woolly, all the top seeds prevail in their first round matchups and by decisive margins as well.

Lee High is also locked in at M7 #4 and will travel to Graham in first round of Region 2D.

Why are we locked in 4th? I thought we we're in 5th?

16 hours ago, stantheman said:

any other team in the SWD and they would have a shot,  not graham though

For someone who knows everything, you sure have a lot of trouble with capitalization,  punctuation, and sentence structure. 

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

It's called an oxford comma precious.

No it isnt, precious. 

You obviously don't know how to properly use commas in your sentences so you probably shouldn't criticize anyone's grammar. 

If I like cheese, wine, and correction grammar online, then I'll use an oxford comma when listing at least three things. You tried to use the oxford comma to separate only two things and that's not a correct usage. The debate around that particular comma is sometimes it's taught to be used before the 'and' in a list of at least three (ass, gas, or grass) or simply after the first item (ass, gas or grass), the debate isn't about using the comma to separate two items at the end of a sentence. 

If you added spelling (punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure), then you could reasonably use the comma. But in its current state, your grammar isn't right.

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

No it isnt, precious. 

You obviously don't know how to properly use commas in your sentences so you probably shouldn't criticize anyone's grammar. 

If I like cheese, wine, and correction grammar online, then I'll use an oxford comma when listing at least three things. You tried to use the oxford comma to separate only two things and that's not a correct usage. The debate around that particular comma is sometimes it's taught to be used before the 'and' in a list of at least three (ass, gas, or grass) or simply after the first item (ass, gas or grass), the debate isn't about using the comma to separate two items at the end of a sentence. 

If you added spelling (punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure), then you could reasonably use the comma. But in its current state, your grammar isn't right.

Thank you for being perfect in your Grammar. 

2 hours ago, stantheman said:

i cant understand how GC can compete with abingdon and defeat them and yet play down to the likes of JB,   GC is better than that

I'm hoping somehow that Union can get that 2 seed, so Ridgeview would avoid them in the region semifinals.  I'd rather take my chances with Gate City or Wise Central in the region semifinal at this point, although both of them will be tough as well.