ATW Buchanan Consolidation Survey (Please help)

bucfan64

If this happens, they should let the kids decide the mascot name and school colors.I think thats what took place at CENTRAL and UNION.While CENTRAL used the POUND colors and the spin off of JJ KELLY mascot of INDIANS to WARRIOR , UNION combined the colors PV blue, APPY blue,red /yellow to get orange .In the end the kids should decide what they want to cheer for, who knows they may want to be the WOOD BOOGERS OF BUCHANAN or the BEASTS from BUCHANAN 

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Cobras is Council. So you couldn't do that. 

Black Diamond Rattlers would be coo. Black and lime green is a color scheme we don't see anywhere. 

Maybe something like this? 

stock-vector-furious-green-snake-sport-v

I thought Council may have been Cobras but wasn't 100% sure. Rattlers is still a cool name, I like that. The image looks like a cobra tho, it looks like the snake has a hood, but I love that color scheme. 

14 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Cobras is Council. So you couldn't do that. 

Black Diamond Rattlers would be coo. Black and lime green is a color scheme we don't see anywhere. 

Maybe something like this? 

stock-vector-furious-green-snake-sport-v

The graphics are awesome, I like the color scheme, but the symbol NOOOO!!!

Colors : Black and Gold (Black was Hurley's original colors, TV black color now and gold is Grundy's color now, you could have the Council "C" logo in the name below). You would go with the Wake Forest or Vandy color scheme.

Nickname: Spearhead Elks or Buchanan County Bucks

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I thought Council may have been Cobras but wasn't 100% sure. Rattlers is still a cool name, I like that. The image looks like a cobra tho, it looks like the snake has a hood, but I love that color scheme. 

It’s a cobra for sure. But I wasn’t about to dig for a neon green rattlesnake that looked scary haha. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

It’s a cobra for sure. But I wasn’t about to dig for a neon green rattlesnake that looked scary haha. 

Haha, I'm confident the internet has a picture of a neon green rattlesnake but you might have to devote hours to finding it.

19 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

If this happens, they should let the kids decide the mascot name and school colors.I think thats what took place at CENTRAL and UNION.While CENTRAL used the POUND colors and the spin off of JJ KELLY mascot of INDIANS to WARRIOR , UNION combined the colors PV blue, APPY blue,red /yellow to get orange .In the end the kids should decide what they want to cheer for, who knows they may want to be the WOOD BOOGERS OF BUCHANAN or the BEASTS from BUCHANAN 

Dickenson County put together a group of teachers and students to work on the colors and mascot. If I remember correctly they came up with a few different mascots and color schemes and then let the kids decide from those choices. They allowed suggestions for colors and mascots, whatever you wanted to submit. Im sure they had some creative ideas, I know because I entered some myself lol. 

I do know that when Wolfpack was suggested all other mascots fell to the wayside, same with the electric blue/black/silver color scheme. 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, jarhead24219 said:

Although the ultimate decision rests with the good folks of Buchanan County, I am hereby declaring that I will be disappointed with any mascot/nickname choice other than Wood Booger.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

If it wasn't for the fact that the poor birds often died I would think Canary's would be cool. Yellow and Black. No one has that mascot and it would be a cool reference to times gone by in the mines.

This would have to be their "fight song"...

On 2/19/2020 at 3:16 PM, NDVirginian said:

Colors : Black and Gold (Black was Hurley's original colors, TV black color now and gold is Grundy's color now, you could have the Council "C" logo in the name below). You would go with the Wake Forest or Vandy color scheme.

Nickname: Spearhead Elks or Buchanan County Bucks

Male elk are bulls, not bucks...females are cows...appropriate???