2020 Baseball season is on us

• 2 weeks later...

Central should have a pretty good season, they have some talented young kids coming up this year. Should have a little more depth at pitching, speed and some kids that can swing the sticks

Lee and Ridgeview should be about the same as they were last year

Gate City should be good again.

my opinion it will be Central, Battle, GC and Union battling it out once Abingdon heads off to 3A playoffs

• 3 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, grandpaw trojan said:

grandson said coach told them they were not under no circumstances to practice as a team, I wonder how many teams will follow this rule that VHSL has set?

I would hope all of them. 

10 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

He said his coach said they could be made to forefit the season if they even got the hint the boys were practicing on there own.

Now I can see if the team was practicing together they could have to forfeit, But I don't see how they can stop kids from doing individual workouts. I know kids right now that have been working out on their own since Friday. My son has been doing the Driveline Throwing program at home to keep his arm in shape for this season if and when they are able to start the season.

8 hours ago, Buffs_Baseball said:

Now I can see if the team was practicing together they could have to forfeit, But I don't see how they can stop kids from doing individual workouts. I know kids right now that have been working out on their own since Friday. My son has been doing the Driveline Throwing program at home to keep his arm in shape for this season if and when they are able to start the season.

I also thought the same which was why i asked him because I figured a bunch would be getting together. I dont see if the boys were not sick why the team could not still hold practice.

I talked with a assistant coach this morning and he said if they do allow them to play he thought that they would just play the conference games since they have pushed games back to the end of the month. now that was just his opinion on things.

FLS Varsity Retweeted

p_Ap6cgH_bigger.jpg VHSL Athletics @VHSL_
Saturday, Dr. James Lane, Superintendent of Public Instruction for Virginia provided clarification to school superintendents that during the two weeks that Virginia’s public schools are closed, all school-sponsored activities, including athletics and practices, are not allowed.

great state

12 hours ago, trublue said:

FLS Varsity Retweeted

p_Ap6cgH_bigger.jpg VHSL Athletics @VHSL_
Saturday, Dr. James Lane, Superintendent of Public Instruction for Virginia provided clarification to school superintendents that during the two weeks that Virginia’s public schools are closed, all school-sponsored activities, including athletics and practices, are not allowed.

great state

And odds are, schools will be closed longer than two weeks...

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They ain’t going back this season. 

Ryan4VT, I hope your wrong, I hope they go back to school and the VHSL allow the sports teams to start back practicing and start playing games and I know they would have to modify things to try and get a season in. I know some of the kids would be ok with playing the conference games just to get the season in and not worry about the non conference games. I have talked to several kids and they just wanna get out on the field and play ball and everything just get back to normal

I hate it as much as anyone. Richlands was the favorite to go back to back in softball. And that won’t happen, sadly. 
I just don’t see a way this magically goes away in the next few weeks to allow games. The season should have already started. 
I’ve also heard rumblings about what sixcat has heard, too. They may not be going back in 2020 period. 

Ryan4VT. is the Osborne girl a senior this year or did she graduate last year?

here are the Seniors on teams in the M7 that wont get to play at all if they cancel the rest of school,

Abingdon - ??  

Battle - Bowman, I wanna think Poe is. grandpaw_trojan you might know more about this than me

Central - Bishop, EJ McDaniel and Lucas Messer

Gate City- Compton

Lee - Tabor

Ridgeview ??

Union - Cam Bartee, Mason Caldwell, Cole Mullins

Now this is just some of the kids I know from some of the teams, feel free to add any that you know to the list.