TJ McAmis

Ryan4VT

I heard on the radio broadcast, that since he was in an administration roll, he would be stepping down!! I figured after Isiaha graduated he would hang it up!! He still has two daughters, one on varsity now, and one on the 8th grade or JV team. Kind of surprised me he didnt want to try and coach his daughters, but I believe Robin Dotson has that position locked down for as long as he wants it!!!

Never heard of a coach stepping down like this during a tournament run. Strange to say the least. 

Worst kept secret in Wise County. Wild career that involves various incidents that overshadowed a pretty mediocre coaching career. 

God bless whoever gets that job. They are 5-6 years away from competing for anything and next season they could finish dead last. 

Everyone knew he was done.  I even posted about it in an earlier thread.  It's a shame with the talent this yrs team has he didn't let someone step in earlier.  He's not the most respected person in the area.  By parents or kids.    I'm sure in the future he will have the gym, a section of bleachers or a parking area named after himself

I'd love to say that for the kids at CHS I hope this means a change,but now that TJ is in administration he'll handpick his successor:( Does Stevie Niece have his teaching creds? If so it'll probably be his.

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

I'd love to say that for the kids at CHS I hope this means a change,but now that TJ is in administration he'll handpick his successor:( Does Stevie Niece have his teaching creds? If so it'll probably be his.

I’m not sure who would want it? The JV team is terrible and they are losing what 7-8 seniors off this team? They are years from competing, Central fans better enjoy this run. 

I doubt Stevie Niece would take the job, I think I he will be gone when McAmis is gone! I had heard last year that Stevie was not even coaching this year, but the Seniors of the team talked him to finish out with them! I could be wrong, but like stated above, I would hate to be taking over that program right now!

It’s good that he is gone, he hung a black cloud over the central program by his comments and his actions! Heaping praise on his son while never mentioning the quality players around him. Sad that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree, son is a good player with the same all about me bad attitude ! The dislike for them in the area was evident at GC last night, every fan base there cheered for Union ! McAim created his own monster, sad !

44 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I. McAmis isn't All-M7? LOL get real. Say what you want about TJ, but the younger is a good basketball player.

To say McAmis is not All-District is far fetched to me. He is a pretty good basketball player! I have to agree that Hayes is the better all around player on the team, due to his ability to drive and create a lot on his own, his defense, and his rebounding ability is something in my opinion that makes him better all around.  Shooting is one of McAmis' strong points, and if he gets hot, watch out he can bury a team very quick.  If it is an off night for him, he still puts up decent numbers, but forces some shots.

I believe a lot of people base their opinion of Isaiah, based on their take of TJ and dislike for the Warriors.  Yes, Isaiah does get frustrated and sometimes it comes out and gets him in trouble, but what teenager doesn't get frustrated and do something out of character at some point.

If you leave out peoples dislike for the Warriors and TJ, and look strictly out how the kid plays basketball, everyone knows he is a good basketball player and loves to compete.

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I. McAmis isn't All-M7? LOL get real. Say what you want about TJ, but the younger is a good basketball player.

McAmis is the better high school b-ball player, but Hayes has a much higher ceiling due to his size and athleticism 

2 hours ago, #BBN said:

To say McAmis is not All-District is far fetched to me. He is a pretty good basketball player! I have to agree that Hayes is the better all around player on the team, due to his ability to drive and create a lot on his own, his defense, and his rebounding ability is something in my opinion that makes him better all around.  Shooting is one of McAmis' strong points, and if he gets hot, watch out he can bury a team very quick.  If it is an off night for him, he still puts up decent numbers, but forces some shots.

I believe a lot of people base their opinion of Isaiah, based on their take of TJ and dislike for the Warriors.  Yes, Isaiah does get frustrated and sometimes it comes out and gets him in trouble, but what teenager doesn't get frustrated and do something out of character at some point.

If you leave out peoples dislike for the Warriors and TJ, and look strictly out how the kid plays basketball, everyone knows he is a good basketball player and loves to compete.

100% agree

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I've watched Isaiah play ball ever since he was little and he's always been a good basketball player. There are times that I've seen him play this year and hes been what u call a ball hog. I've always said if he would play team basketball and run the offense and get others involved in the post that it would open up the perimeter for the outside game that he has. and it would make him a more well rounded player like Hayes. Hayes can score when he wants but when he's on a fast break he's gonna get to the open man for the best shot.  But for the talent and height that Central has this year, they don't have a inside post game what so ever. they have 3 kids over '6'4 (Mullins, Collie, Bishop) that have post moves but are not used at all. I just think if Central would get back to playing Fundamental Team basketball like they did back in the summer they could make a run. But i'm afraid some egos are gonna get in the way of how far this Central team can go and sadly they both have the same last name.

8 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

McAmis is the better high school b-ball player, but Hayes has a much higher ceiling due to his size and athleticism 

I won't argue against that at all, but saying Isaiah isn't an All-M7 player was a ridiculous statement. I'm by no means gonna cut TJ or Wise any slack at all but to deny IM is a good basketball player and one of the 7-8 best in the M7 is silly. 

Dean is far and away M7 Player of the Year, but I would be surprised if Wise doesn't have two first team All-M7 players. 

McAmis carried Wise in that Union game, Bunch for Union took Hayes out of the game, he only had 12 pts and wanted no part of driving against Bunch.  If not for McAmis determination, they would have lost to Union.  Idc about any of them to be honest, but to say McAmis is not one of the best players in the M7 is ridiculous. When you stop hating, maybe you can be objective. 

3 minutes ago, GetRektM7 said:

McAmis carried Wise in that Union game, Bunch for Union took Hayes out of the game, he only had 12 pts and wanted no part of driving against Bunch.  If not for McAmis determination, they would have lost to Union.  Idc about any of them to be honest, but to say McAmis is not one of the best players in the M7 is ridiculous. When you stop hating, maybe you can be objective. 

Looks like daddies boy is back to posting again

If I was putting together a m7 team to actually play other teams.  Mccamis would not be on that team.  

And that's why you won't be putting any teams together, you can't see past your own hate, and be objective about talent. Assuming someone defending him is him is absurd.  There are those of us mature adults that can look at a player objectively and judge them based on how they play. 

21 minutes ago, GetRektM7 said:

And that's why you won't be putting any teams together, you can't see past your own hate, and be objective about talent. Assuming someone defending him is him is absurd.  There are those of us mature adults that can look at a player objectively and judge them based on how they play. 

He doesn't do anything to lift the talent around him.  How is that for objectivity?  

51 minutes ago, RichRich said:

Looks like daddies boy is back to posting again

If I was putting together a m7 team to actually play other teams.  Mccamis would not be on that team.  

Would you not pick McAmis because his attitude gets in the way some, or do you seriously think the M7 has that many more players that are better than him?

To say the kid is not a good basketball player simply blows me away.