Region D quarterfinals

Beamerball

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

How about your band of vagrants from the defunct M7 board stop acting like the M7 is the SEC West in football and the ACC in basketball?  I notice they haven’t been chirping as much in recent weeks.  Part of that’s due to Graham’s emergence; part of that’s due to having some multi accounts banned.  But I digress.

Want to stop eating crow?  Close your mandibles (or rather, stop typing).  Twice in about 3 months you’ve had to choke it down, and I’m happy to serve it up.

Please show me where I've made any of those claims. One poster said the SWD isn't very good this year in basketball and so far, that's been true. But if you wanna brag about the top seed Graham beating the 4-seed Lee, more power to you, just know it's not a good look to beat your chest after that win, considering the M7 3-seed beat the second seeded SWD team by 25 points at home.

In football, the SWD had the best team at the top and the next 4-5 best teams were M7 teams (and that juggernaut SWD team was 1-1 against the third best M7 team FWIW). In basketball, it's looking like the M7 has the best team at the top with GC and the SWD has one team in the next group of the 5-6 best teams. But please, continue touting that win over Lee. I could see making that post if Graham beats Central (which is possible), but after beating Lee? lolol

1 hour ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Seem crazy to suggest Lee would beat Graham. Graham got better as the season progressed. Lee on the other hand was overhyped coming into the season and played worse later in the season.

I dont think Lee was overhyped coming into the season.  They started strong by winning the Grand Home Furnishings tourney by beating Union in the finals which caught a lot of attention and seemed to struggle shortly after that point in the season.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Please show me where I've made any of those claims. One poster said the SWD isn't very good this year in basketball and so far, that's been true. But if you wanna brag about the top seed Graham beating the 4-seed Lee, more power to you, just know it's not a good look to beat your chest after that win, considering the M7 3-seed beat the second seeded SWD team by 25 points at home.

In football, the SWD had the best team at the top and the next 4-5 best teams were M7 teams (and that juggernaut SWD team was 1-1 against the third best M7 team FWIW). In basketball, it's looking like the M7 has the best team at the top with GC and the SWD has one team in the next group of the 5-6 best teams. But please, continue touting that win over Lee. I could see making that post if Graham beats Central (which is possible), but after beating Lee? lolol

Richlands lead half way through the middle of 3rd quarter Central never lead until then Richlands played 6 player's until the last 2 minutes Central played 11 player's  Richlands run out of steam Richlands starter out played Central starters 

1 hour ago, BLUE59 said:

Richlands lead half way through the middle of 3rd quarter Central never lead until then Richlands played 6 player's until the last 2 minutes Central played 11 player's  Richlands run out of steam Richlands starter out played Central starters 

Okay. Lee could say the same exact thing, but it means absolutely nothing. 

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Can we wait until the tournament is over before anybody starts chest pounding?  I would be willing to bet that nobody from region D will make it one round past regionals this year.

3 hours ago, BLUE59 said:

What good does outplaying someone's starters and getting beat? At the end of the day Central moves on and Richlands goes on to start baseball season! Last I checked only thing that matters is the final score when the final buzzer sounds off!

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Can we wait until the tournament is over before anybody starts chest pounding?  I would be willing to bet that nobody from region D will make it one round past regionals this year.

With Dan River being eliminated, I think the Region D winner absolutely has a shot at winning their first game in the state tourney against the second seeded 2C team. 

And to be honest, the only real chest beating I saw was over the SWD 1 beating the M7 4. I was not trying to beat any drums at all, just pointing out that of the eight teams left playing in 2D, six are M7 teams. I don't believe I've ever personally said the M7 was this unbeatable juggernaut in either sport, I could be wrong, but I did find it kinda funny that someone decided that Graham beating Lee was the opportunity to try and knock the M7 down a peg. I could absolutely see it if Graham beats Wise, then a couple posters would then have to eat said crow, but beating Lee was expected from Graham. 

5 hours ago, BLUE59 said:

I was at the this game, and Richlands had a great game plan and came out from the opening tip and out hustled Central the whole first half, Now after the 1st half Central changed up its Defense and gave Richlands different looks. My opinion on when the momentum shifted was in the middle of the 3rd Quarter when Central got it inside to there Big man (Tre Mullins) and he scored 5 straight points, and Simmons got his 4th foul for Richlands and Central went on a run. Now Central bounced from a 2-3 zone to a 3-2 zone. which kept the Berry Kid in check in the 2nd half. I don't think he took a shot the whole 2nd half. Also when the Simmons kid posted up he was met my several players from Central, He saw Jordan Bishop, Brody Allison or Elijah Hayes when he went to make a post move. And if I'm correct I don't think he scored in the 2nd half either.  Now I've watched a lot of high school basketball over the years and I have to say that Richlands has one of the Classiest basketball staffs around, not sure of the head coach's name but he is a Class act.

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Okay. Lee could say the same exact thing, but it means absolutely nothing. 

Lee lead the first quarter only I didn't think that Richlands would win bet was proud of the game they played they did not get blow out like you thought 

4 hours ago, Buffs_Baseball said:

I was at the this game, and Richlands had a great game plan and came out from the opening tip and out hustled Central the whole first half, Now after the 1st half Central changed up its Defense and gave Richlands different looks. My opinion on when the momentum shifted was in the middle of the 3rd Quarter when Central got it inside to there Big man (Tre Mullins) and he scored 5 straight points, and Simmons got his 4th foul for Richlands and Central went on a run. Now Central bounced from a 2-3 zone to a 3-2 zone. which kept the Berry Kid in check in the 2nd half. I don't think he took a shot the whole 2nd half. Also when the Simmons kid posted up he was met my several players from Central, He saw Jordan Bishop, Brody Allison or Elijah Hayes when he went to make a post move. And if I'm correct I don't think he scored in the 2nd half either.  Now I've watched a lot of high school basketball over the years and I have to say that Richlands has one of the Classiest basketball staffs around, not sure of the head coach's name but he is a Class 

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Maroons67 said:

Region D2 still has to go through Radford and Martinsville.

Actually they’d only have to go through one of them.  Radford and Martinsville play each other in the Region C semis.  I haven’t heard much about either so I don’t know how good they are this season but all I do know is they seem to be at this stage every season so I’m sure they’re legit.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

I don't know about the boys chances against Northside, but it's almost guaranteed that the Abingdon girls season will end tonight though against undefeated Carroll County.

14 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Well... I got this one wrong.  Congrats to Abingdon!  #M7Strong

Carroll would be an average program in the M7!  

playing in the M7 was a definite advantage for abingdon,  i would bet from top to bottom there isn't a more competitive conference,    next year will be the same,   abingdon will fall off the earth but the other programs will just flourish