Region D semifinals

Beamerball

38 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

66-61 GC final. Shame to have the officials decide such an important game.

I don't have a dog in the fight but I stayed after Graham's lackluster performance to watch the game. I can say unequivocally from an unbiased opinion Union got robbed. Hell, #14 for Gate City should have fouled out long before OT. Good luck to Gate City & Central but should have been Union. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

I don't have a dog in the fight but I stayed after Graham's lackluster performance to watch the game. I can say unequivocally from an unbiased opinion Union got robbed. Hell, #14 for Gate City should have fouled out long before OT. Good luck to Gate City & Central but should have been Union. 

it's nice to have an unbiased opinion so people can't just claim sour grapes.

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Kinda figured this would be a close game or a Central blowout...

The pundits were correct I being one of them, lol. This  year SWD weak, M7 strong, I knew if Graham played like they.did first half against Lee, they'd be in trouble tonight. I've never seen a team blow a 12-3 lead so fast. Congratulations to them for SWD Champions & Tournament Champions. Maybe next year GMEN but I look for Union to be back strong they're a young team that took it to team with multiple Seniors. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

The pundits were correct I being one of them, lol. This  year SWD weak, M7 strong, I knew if Graham played like they.did first half against Lee, they'd be in trouble tonight. I've never seen a team blow a 12-3 lead so fast. Congratulations to them for SWD Champions & Tournament Champions. Maybe next year GMEN but I look for Union to be back strong they're a young team that took it to team with multiple Seniors. 

Definitely a rebuilding type of year for Graham.  Consistency was lacking but there were flashes.  Happy for them to win the SWD.  Best of luck to Central and GC moving forward.

Listen the officiating tonight was absolutely terrible but how you could say it favored one team I have no clue.  Dean had two guys hanging on his arms so how was that not a foul?  Are you saying because it was at the end of the game it shouldn’t have been called?  If anything it should have been called about 15 different times throughout the game.  Union got more then their share of questionable calls.  It’s unfortunate that two good teams had this type of officiating.

Just now, Hokie101 said:

Listen the officiating tonight was absolutely terrible but how you could say it favored one team I have no clue.  Dean had two guys hanging on his arms so how was that not a foul?  Are you saying because it was at the end of the game it shouldn’t have been called?  If anything it should have been called about 15 different times throughout the game.  Union got more then their share of questionable calls.  It’s unfortunate that two good teams had this type of officiating.

I'm simply saying there was no foul in those last few seconds. Union player wasn't even close to Dean. I agree, officiating was terrible, period in that game. Union missed key foul shots but I stand by what I witnessed, a terrible call in the crucial last few seconds. 

A) It wasn’t a foul 

B) We missed too many FTs

C) Move on and get ready for next season.

Given how many close games we played this year, I hope we learned a valuable lesson. Make free throws and beat the hell out of people. Don’t stop, just run it up, you can’t let officials get involved. 

Best of luck to teams moving forward this season. 

1 hour ago, Hokie101 said:

There are multiple pictures and videos that show your statement is not true. Check Twitter, the vids are there as well as still pictures that show there was no body contact on the shot and then the block was totally clean. 

6 hours ago, BigWinners said:

There are multiple pictures and videos that show your statement is not true. Check Twitter, the vids are there as well as still pictures that show there was no body contact on the shot and then the block was totally clean. 

Can you post one for us?

Bad calls happen every game, but in basketball the good players get the calls (Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Steph). Just don't pretend it doesn't happen, because it does. I do agree that the officiating isn't good and steadily declining, especially in football. No offense to Stripes or any other official on this board. Bad calls just happen!