Region D finals

Beamerball

everbody had grundy winning state,    i watched this game on a feed on fb,  grundy plays in the weakest district in the state and on most nights dont get challenged,   they are overrated,  eastside not that good either,  teams can play down to their competition especially young teams

1 hour ago, Beamerball said:

1C boys

Parry McCluer over Auburn, 44-42. Eastside will "host" Auburn next; PM will "host" Grundy.

George Wythe Girls over Galax. I think the GW/Honaker game will be at Pulaski Co. HS. Will boys play there also? 

1 hour ago, stantheman said:

everbody had grundy winning state,    i watched this game on a feed on fb,  grundy plays in the weakest district in the state and on most nights dont get challenged,   they are overrated,  eastside not that good either,  teams can play down to their competition especially young teams

I wont be surprised if Eastside & Grundy win their state quarterfinal games and see other again.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

George Wythe Girls over Galax. I think the GW/Honaker game will be at Pulaski Co. HS. Will boys play there also? 

Per GW AD, GW/Honaker at Pulaski; also Galax AD tweeted Patrick Henry/Galax game will be at Emory & Henry. Roanoke Times says Parry McCluer/Grundy boys game at Rockbridge County.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/high-schools-parry-mccluer-boys-george-wythe-girls-win-c/article_0f42e9aa-d770-5166-824e-fde2ad447f80.html

Central had their shot night. Hensley probably didn’t play a quarter total in the game.

Key stretch was a 3 by Wise in the third qtr late gave them the lead and sent their fans bonkers. Dean then hits a three from the logo to shut up the crowd. Wise proceeds to turn it over and Dean makes two FTs for a huge 5 point swing.

I’ve seen these two play several times now. It’s a mental block, I think Pretty evenly matched teams, at some point you would think Central would win. 

Very close and intense game but I think both would agree this wasn’t one of their best played.  GC’s second leading scorer fouled out in the 3rd.  Nobody else from GC looked like they wanted to take a shot.  It’s hard to beat a team twice much less four times in a season.  Throw out the game at Central and these seem to be closer and closer.  I agree with the post earlier in that these are two very evenly matched teams.  If they both can take care of business Friday, the 5th and final matchup will happen with everything on the line.  On a side note, I feel like the officiating was 10x better than the other night.  Also great game by Union.  Are they as young as the boys are?  Hopefully GC gets a rematch with them but they are playing good right now.

10 hours ago, stantheman said:

No one had Grundy winning state, unless you are talking about the hack VA Preps website.  Those people don't know anything about any sport west of Roano

All that talent everyone said Wise has? The top scorer other than McAmis was Allison with 6 pts off two 3 pointers, and Hayes with 5pts.  The game was basically Dean vs McAmis with Dean winning by one. smh

6 minutes ago, GetRektM7 said:

All that talent everyone said Wise has? The top scorer other than McAmis was Allison with 6 pts off two 3 pointers, and Hayes with 5pts.  The game was basically Dean vs McAmis with Dean winning by one. smh

Congratulations-you know nothing about basketball 

7 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

Very close and intense game but I think both would agree this wasn’t one of their best played.  GC’s second leading scorer fouled out in the 3rd.  Nobody else from GC looked like they wanted to take a shot.  It’s hard to beat a team twice much less four times in a season.  Throw out the game at Central and these seem to be closer and closer.  I agree with the post earlier in that these are two very evenly matched teams.  If they both can take care of business Friday, the 5th and final matchup will happen with everything on the line.  On a side note, I feel like the officiating was 10x better than the other night.  Also great game by Union.  Are they as young as the boys are?  Hopefully GC gets a rematch with them but they are playing good right now.

No the Union girls is a much more experienced team.

5 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Congratulations-you know nothing about basketball 

Tell me what I missed then. Watched the whole game and it was McAmis with 26 of his teams 45 pts. And Dean with 32 of his teams 46 points. Nobody else wanted the ball for Wise. Same for GC. 

1 hour ago, GetRektM7 said:

Tell me what I missed then. Watched the whole game and it was McAmis with 26 of his teams 45 pts. And Dean with 32 of his teams 46 points. Nobody else wanted the ball for Wise. Same for GC. 

Wasnt Hayes in foul trouble all night? He is a very good player, don't let this game deceive you. He may be a first team All-M7 player.

6 hours ago, GetRektM7 said:

I guess basketball to you is just the players that score. You sir are obviously lost! What about the kids that fight for rebounds, play defense, get assist, come up with steals.....oh I forgot they must suck because they didn't score.......go on somewhere with your BS!!!!  Central had some good play from many different players, Collie, Bishop, Brickey, and Bailey all made some plays during this game!!

If you didn't notice, Vermillion was substituting for Offense and Defense possessions last night when their 2nd best scorer was in foul trouble! Mack,Starnes, and the George kids all played good minutes for Gate City in different situations. If some of those turnovers were not forced by these non talented kids, this ballgame could of been a blow out!!

So before you get on here blasting kids, and teams saying they have no talent, realize basketball is so much more than scoring!!!

Central was 7-15 from the free throw line and GC was 18-20 from the free throw line.......so all in all that was the determining factor in the game.