Region D finals

Beamerball

1 hour ago, GetRektM7 said:

Tell me what I missed then. Watched the whole game and it was McAmis with 26 of his teams 45 pts. And Dean with 32 of his teams 46 points. Nobody else wanted the ball for Wise. Same for GC. 

Nobody else wanted the ball, or no one else given the ball?  

49 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Nobody else wanted the ball, or no one else given the ball?  

Hayes had the ball MULTIPLE times throughout the game, and chose not to go at Dean. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative, but for someone you say has a higher ceiling than McAmis, he chose not to show it last night. 

1 hour ago, #BBN said:

I guess basketball to you is just the players that score. You sir are obviously lost! What about the kids that fight for rebounds, play defense, get assist, come up with steals.....oh I forgot they must suck because they didn't score.......go on somewhere with your BS!!!!  Central had some good play from many different players, Collie, Bishop, Brickey, and Bailey all made some plays during this game!!

If you didn't notice, Vermillion was substituting for Offense and Defense possessions last night when their 2nd best scorer was in foul trouble! Mack,Starnes, and the George kids all played good minutes for Gate City in different situations. If some of those turnovers were not forced by these non talented kids, this ballgame could of been a blow out!!

So before you get on here blasting kids, and teams saying they have no talent, realize basketball is so much more than scoring!!!

Central was 7-15 from the free throw line and GC was 18-20 from the free throw line.......so all in all that was the determining factor in the game.

You win the award for biggest overreaction to a post of the day. Good job. I merely said that two players accounted for 64% of the total points scored.  Read into it what you want, but they give the W to the team with the most points.  And Wise didn't get enough either from the line or from the role players to get the job done.  And I'm not blasting anyone, calm down. smh 

1 hour ago, GetRektM7 said:

Hayes had the ball MULTIPLE times throughout the game, and chose not to go at Dean. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative, but for someone you say has a higher ceiling than McAmis, he chose not to show it last night. 

1.  It’s not a stretch to say that a kid who is 6’4 and can move has a higher ceiling...but obviously that struck a nerve.

2. Hayes showed last year he could be a star.  From what I see, everything Wise runs is...not for him. That’s not to say that there’s anything wrong with that-he doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be an asset.  However it’s unfair to blame him for “disappearing” when he was in foul trouble and they don’t run anything for him. 

3. I would bet that most teams in SWVA would have traded rosters with Wise this year. 

1 hour ago, Beamerball said:

2C girls

Floyd County 56 Martinsville 44 - final

Union vs. Martinsville, at UVA-Wise, and Gate City vs. Floyd County at Auburn H.S., Friday for the opening round for the Class 2A State tournament.

How do you or anyone think the 2D girls teams match up here? Can Union and GC win?

1 hour ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Martinsville is a good match up for Union. They are very athletic, so is Union but, the Bears are much bigger. 

If Union keeps playing defense the way they have been, I can’t see them losing this one. 

Don't jinx it haha. Union seems to play well at UVAW, so getting the game there helps. Can Martinsville shut down Brooks and Smith? 

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

How do you or anyone think the 2D girls teams match up here? Can Union and GC win?

10 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Martinsville is a good match up for Union. They are very athletic, so is Union but, the Bears are much bigger. 

If Union keeps playing defense the way they have been, I can’t see them losing this one. 

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Don't jinx it haha. Union seems to play well at UVAW, so getting the game there helps. Can Martinsville shut down Brooks and Smith? 

Martinsville is already defeated.  Their players and fans hate traveling anywhere west of Radford.

Martinsville is not already defeated because of travel, and who likes to travel 2-3 hours to play instead of playing close to home. Martinsville will lose simply because they are not that good. Should have lost at home to the 9th seed Nelson and got a lucky break and scored at the buzzer to win. Won in ot against 4 seed Chatham who had beat them in the regular season then lost to Floyd. They have no size, dont shoot well, they are quick which is their best attribute. If Union is as good as most of the teams have been from that area over the years they will be able to name the score. This game is over at the half.