State tournament updates

swva_havok_fan

12 hours ago, BigWinners said:

The enrollment seems right I guess (although they were 4A pretty recently IIRC) but the way the team came together has me scratching my head. It's not usual that much talent just ends up together at one school.

From what I understand and done research on, their 2 guards in the backcourt are transfers. Wheeler (6'10, High Major) and the 6'6 wing (also high major) are home grown. 

2 hours ago, GMan said:

No jealousy, and not bagging on local teams...just stating facts...

Yeah ok lol

And you can't wait till they kick Radford or GC asses? Well it's your right to root for whoever but it is not a fact right now that they will beat either...it's a wish....now it may happen who knows...nobody at this point..and why would you hope they kick their asses unless you are bagging on local schools or are jealous?

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah ok lol

And you can't wait till they kick Radford or GC asses? Well it's your right to root for whoever but it is not a fact right now that they will beat either...it's a wish....now it may happen who knows...nobody at this point..and why would you hope they kick their asses unless you are bagging on local schools or are jealous?

How much money do you want to bet that JM loses the state title?  

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

How much money do you want to bet that JM loses the state title?  

Did I say I wanted to bet? Uh no I didn't...all I said is at this point nobody knows and it's just a guess...and it's jealousy

Thanks for your input though

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Did I say I wanted to bet? Uh no I didn't...all I said is at this point nobody knows and it's just a guess...and it's jealousy

You’re the one who said that it was a “wish”, so put your money where your mouth is, Giles boy.  

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You’re the one who said that it was a “wish”, so put your money where your mouth is, Giles boy.  

He kinda has a point, why are you so happy that JM will smash Radford or GC, two local schools?

3 hours ago, Hokie101 said:

First things first, JM can only play one of either Radford or GC not both.  Sorry to disappoint you in the fact that they won’t be able to kick both of their asses.  Secondly, how is that not bagging on two of the teams covered by your board?  You “can’t wait” for that to happen?

It’s no secret, JM is the overwhelming favorite but dang.

OK, then, I can't wait until they beat Gate City's OR Radford's ass.

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah ok lol

Did Giles even win a game in basketball this year? Sit down...

29 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Why am I jealous?  I knew Graham wasn't very good this year, actually surprised they won the SWD.  As a matter of fact, I don't ever think I've said they would win state in basketball in any year.  Graham is what they are in basketball, and I'm OK with that.  If their ceiling is the tallest midget, I'm cool with that.

2 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

No they sure didn't...come sit me down...sorry I upset you Mr glam...did you go to a game this year?

Haven't gone to a high school basketball game in 30 years, but I know Graham's place...and I also know everyone is playing for second place this season...

2 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Lol...all I needed

You don't need to go to games to realize basketball in the SWD is crap.  And the rest of SWVA isn't much different with very few exceptions...if it were, this board would blow up just like the football board does every year...

1 minute ago, GMan said:

You don't need to go to games to realize basketball in the SWD is crap.  And the rest of SWVA isn't much different with very few exceptions...if it were, this board would blow up just like the football board does every year...

Ok whatever you say

Just now, BigWinners said:

The girls are ROLLING! A 50 point win over any team is impressive much less in the state tourney.

It'll be a much closer game Tuesday lol

Facts there.

Union and Gate City girls semi finals at UVA Wise at 6pm on Tuesday. 

3 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Facts there.

Union and Gate City girls semi finals at UVA Wise at 6pm on Tuesday. 

Meeting number five, both teams have split 2-2 so far. Tough to beat a team that many times, I'm sure they'll be no surprises for either team at this point. Unions defense has became totally smothering, if they are hitting their shots they are a tough out.