State tournament updates

swva_havok_fan

23 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

The girls should be as tough as ever imho.  GC only loses two contributors, mainly on the defensive side.  Ridgeview is Ridgeview. Central will be back and more experienced.  Union I’m not sure of.  I’m sure Abingdon will be tough.

The boys will be Union and GC I believe with Lee as a dark horse, I don’t know what all they lose.  Abingdon will be a solid team.  Graham will be better in the region as well.

Both sides of the Mountain will be top heavy. Boys should be Union, Abingdon, and Gate City. Girls should be Ridgeview, Gate City, and maybe Wise. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:25 AM, Hokie101 said:

The girls should be as tough as ever imho.  GC only loses two contributors, mainly on the defensive side.  Ridgeview is Ridgeview. Central will be back and more experienced.  Union I’m not sure of.  I’m sure Abingdon will be tough.

The boys will be Union and GC I believe with Lee as a dark horse, I don’t know what all they lose.  Abingdon will be a solid team.  Graham will be better in the region as well.

on the girls side I think it will go like this 1. Abingdon 2. Ridgeview 3. GC 4. Central 5. Union 6. Battle and 7 Lee

on the boys side I think it will be 1. Union 2. GC 3 Abingdon 4. Ridgeview 5. Lee. 6. Central 7. Battle

Now as far as for the regions like Hokie101 said Graham will be better and I think they might have lost maybe 2 Seniors this year and also Radford will be back and loaded for another run at a state title cause they only lost 1 senior and I think they had 11 juniors on their roster this year.

The following TSSAA related:

Tim Hayes Retweeted

What a day. In a landmark move, the @tssaa Board of Control approves motion to postpone basketball state tournament up to 8 weeks and to push back Spring Fling maybe into June. The story:

TSSAA still plans to have Tennessee high school basketball state tournaments, Spring Fling but isn't sure when

Tom Kreager Nashville Tennessean

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/03/17/tssaa-basketball-state-tournaments-coronavirus-spring-fling/5056898002/

great state