State tournament updates

swva_havok_fan

Gate City @bluedevilslive

DEVILS WIN 59-49!! WE ARE GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR!
Jon Compton 16
Bradley Dean 16
Eli Starnes 7
David George 2
Luke Reed 4
Andrew Hensley 6
Jonathan Sallee 7
D’Andre Mack 1

great state

C'ville Varsity Retweeted

John Shifflett @John_Shifflett
John Shifflett Retweeted Robert Edmonds

Incredible. The Western Albemarle boys basketball team has now won three straight postseason games at the buzzer. If you support both the Western Albemarle boys basketball and #UVa men's basketball teams, I urge you to schedule a checkup with your cardiologist ASAP.

great state

Timesland @Timesland

BOYS BASKETBALL: Class 2 quarterfinals: Radford 58, Central-Wise 52, OT #timesland

H.S. boys basketball: Defending Class 2 champs Radford advance with OT win over Central-Wise   by Robert Anderson @ Roanoke.com

great state

15 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

JM finished with 130+ points. Draft plays wild, threes every shot, 10 secs or less, etc.

JM will win 2A easily but it's really ridiculous, it's basically an AAU program pretending to be a HS team. 

Exactly right lol. They're ranked in the top 5 of the whole state on MaxPreps and their only two losses were to nationally ranked teams (Sierra Canyon by 10 and McEachern by 1). I heard through the grapevine last summer that they were moving down to 2A this year and I laughed. It's ridiculous how they got moved down. 

17 hours ago, BigWinners said:

JM finished with 130+ points. Draft plays wild, threes every shot, 10 secs or less, etc.

JM will win 2A easily but it's really ridiculous, it's basically an AAU program pretending to be a HS team. 

Zach Joachim @ZachJoachim

FINAL: JM 136, Stuarts Draft 99

great state 

I saw a brief clip of the game...JM was running at will...don't know how SD scored that many....obviously defense didn't have a ticket for the game.

Sierra Canyon a top rated program (Bronny and more)... McEachern (AAAAAAA Public School in GA) is also a great program.
(I'm familiar with IMG Ascenders and have watched a couple of their games on the computer)

59 minutes ago, Squints said:

Exactly right lol. They're ranked in the top 5 of the whole state on MaxPreps and their only two losses were to nationally ranked teams (Sierra Canyon by 10 and McEachern by 1). I heard through the grapevine last summer that they were moving down to 2A this year and I laughed. It's ridiculous how they got moved down. 

Do you know the story? I don't but would like to find out how a team of that caliber ends up in 2A. I would also be curious to learn how many of their kids actually started their careers at JM and how many are transfers.

1 hour ago, Beamerball said:

2018 ADM figures show enrollment of 576.

https://www.vhsl.org/alignment/

The enrollment seems right I guess (although they were 4A pretty recently IIRC) but the way the team came together has me scratching my head. It's not usual that much talent just ends up together at one school.

8 hours ago, Squints said:

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

The enrollment seems right I guess (although they were 4A pretty recently IIRC) but the way the team came together has me scratching my head. It's not usual that much talent just ends up together at one school.

They are a 2A school, they've been playing up for quite a few years because all of their historic rivalries are in higher classes.  But they've never done well, especially in football. 

So, stop complaining about a team that is playing in their correct division.  And I can't wait until the kick Radford and Gate City's asses...everyone else is playing for second place...just sayin'...

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Do you know the story? I don't but would like to find out how a team of that caliber ends up in 2A. I would also be curious to learn how many of their kids actually started their careers at JM and how many are transfers.

Inner-city Richmond.

They are no different than most other school that reach the State level playoffs..everyone has a transfer or two.  So don't go knocking on your neighbor's door, until you clean up your own backyard...

5 hours ago, Great City said:

*sarcasm font*

Great job supporting  our local teams!

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

It's called jealousy

No jealousy, and not bagging on local teams...just stating facts...

7 hours ago, GMan said:

They are a 2A school, they've been playing up for quite a few years because all of their historic rivalries are in higher classes.  But they've never done well, especially in football. 

So, stop complaining about a team that is playing in their correct division.  And I can't wait until the kick Radford and Gate City's asses...everyone else is playing for second place...just sayin'...

Definitely not complaining....I went to watch them play Sierra Canyon this year and it was entertaining basketball. As someone who's played prep and is going Juco next year I enjoy watching high level and athletic basketball. I think anyone who knows basketball knew that when they dropped down everyone was playing for second. Don't be salty because y'all are sitting at the house lol. 

7 hours ago, GMan said:

And I can't wait until the kick Radford and Gate City's asses...everyone else is playing for second place...just sayin'...

First things first, JM can only play one of either Radford or GC not both.  Sorry to disappoint you in the fact that they won’t be able to kick both of their asses.  Secondly, how is that not bagging on two of the teams covered by your board?  You “can’t wait” for that to happen?

It’s no secret, JM is the overwhelming favorite but dang.