Mount View Football

coachmorsi

Just talked with our AD Barber and they contacted Bland County and they have to fulfill their obligations from the previous year. Mount View would be willing to travel to get their 10th game. If anyone knows of a team that needs a game contact AD Barber at 304-887-3813. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

In Welch, WV. Mount View will have a brand new stadium complete with field turf at the High School. If you guys know of anybody that needs a game let me know. Open dates are 9/25 and 10/16.

On 3/12/2020 at 8:19 PM, coachmorsi said:

Just talked with our AD Barber and they contacted Bland County and they have to fulfill their obligations from the previous year. Mount View would be willing to travel to get their 10th game. If anyone knows of a team that needs a game contact AD Barber at 304-887-3813. Thanks.

Is Bland fielding a team? If not, I don't think GW-Wytheville, and Galax replaced Bland on their schedules last year. Both just played 9 games. Don't know if the dates work out, but one of those might be a possibility if Bland doesn't have a season. Also, if Bland doesn't compete, they have Auburn scheduled on 10-16. Auburn would probably take that game. I know, a lot of ifs

Edited by Stranger danger
Added content

I went by the new stadium today. It is coming along well. The field turf is down and looks great. Bleachers are up and look great. Press box has not been started and dressing rooms either. Looks like it is going to be a great place to play.

As of right now I haven’t anything for the plans. The lights from the old field will be used for the new facility, being only a few years old. If I find out anything I’ll post.

15 minutes ago, coachmorsi said:

As of right now I haven’t anything for the plans. The lights from the old field will be used for the new facility, being only a few years old. If I find out anything I’ll post.

Thanks!  

My inquiry is based solely on personal curiosity.  My dad played there back in the late 1950s.  Recently took my boys on a "field trip" to get in touch with our family roots in the area.  They were wondering why the football field was located so far from the school.  I somewhat facetiously asked them if they'd noticed 120 yards' worth of flat land anywhere else around there.

This will be 40 years in the making when we kick off the home portion of our schedule on week 3 against The Southwest District with the Tazewell Bulldogs. What a way opening against an opponent from this district, I’m. excited. At that time when they were choosing  a place to play it was decided that the old Welch High School Maroon Wave Stadium, even though Gary Memorial Stadium home of the Coaldiggers in my opinion was a better venue. So here we are after all these years and memories breaking a new complex in with the hope we’ll have a lot of great memories to come.