hahaha, this is funny

stantheman

how can someone cry and complain in national press about transfers and other basketball leagues when their own program has had transfers from local area next door to them for years and years and their own players have benefited from this same organization,  you got your tail spanked live with it,  single a didn't complain 20+ yrs ago when your double aa school dropped down so you could win state championships,  only problem is you got your tail handed to you then also  lol  what a joke

3 hours ago, stantheman said:

how can someone cry and complain in national press about transfers and other basketball leagues when their own program has had transfers from local area next door to them for years and years and their own players have benefited from this same organization,  you got your tail spanked live with it,  single a didn't complain 20+ yrs ago when your double aa school dropped down so you could win state championships,  only problem is you got your tail handed to you then also  lol  what a joke

I don't think the problem is that they dropped down. The problem is their coach has access to an unfair advantage and used that to load a team up of kids that definitely don't live in the area. He's apart of the team loaded va aau program and has connections with those players. Some of those guys that played definitely don't live in inter-richmond limits. I know Scotty knew how it was gonna play out on the court way before the game was even played so I don't think he was upset about getting spanked. We've gotten spanked in the Arby's Classic by way worse so that's not the gripe. As he said the TSSAA has done things to prevent this exact situation. He was fine till John Marshalls coach basically told on himself in the press conference lol

3 hours ago, stantheman said:

In no way am I a Gate City fan but what John Marshall did should make them ineligible to compete in the VHSL. An AAU coach should not be allowed to to lead that and a high school team in my opinion. It creates an unfair advantage by blatantly recruiting players to create a super team. 

6 hours ago, stantheman said:

You're comparing getting an occasional role player that transfers 8 miles away to this? Every high school gets transfers. This isn't a "transfer" deal. You might want to look into what actually is going on. 

On 3/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, stantheman said:

I can certify that every kid on gate city’s roster went to a gate city elementary school since kindergarten. We have kids wanting to transfer each year but the coaches won’t take them

On 3/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, stantheman said:

Stan.......now your posts about GC basketball make more sense to me. Sounds like you have a long held hatred for some reason. 

On 3/15/2020 at 10:34 AM, snowflakeassassin said:

I can certify that every kid on gate city’s roster went to a gate city elementary school since kindergarten. We have kids wanting to transfer each year but the coaches won’t take them

I can tell you with much authority that Gate City has turned down multiple transfers just in the last five years!  People are going to hate you for being successful, I was in sales for 19 years and won every sales award my company (companies) ever had and people just hate you for success. When Gate City was Single A, they were Single A attendance wise. There was no fudging the numbers! It sounds like Gate City pissed in Stan's Cheerios. But just for Stan the number of the day is 28!   

6 hours ago, SXSW said:

I can tell you with much authority that Gate City has turned down multiple transfers just in the last five years!  People are going to hate you for being successful, I was in sales for 19 years and won every sales award my company (companies) ever had and people just hate you for success. When Gate City was Single A, they were Single A attendance wise. There was no fudging the numbers! It sounds like Gate City pissed in Stan's Cheerios. But just for Stan the number of the day is 28!   

And Gate City had A numbers for several years opting instead to play AA before dropping down.