Spring 2020 'CV19' Impact/Changes

trublue

16 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'm sure most of the coaches are contacting their players telling them to stay focused and keep conditioning.  I may be in the minority here, but I'm starting to doubt that we will have a football season this fall.  I mean, flu season starts ramping up around October,if it does die down,  this thing may make a comeback in the fall if there is not a vaccine by then.  (Which is most likely the case).

No high school football will make me cry 😭  ! I mean football is basically life. 

7 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'm sure most of the coaches are contacting their players telling them to stay focused and keep conditioning.  I may be in the minority here, but I'm starting to doubt that we will have a football season this fall.  I mean, flu season starts ramping up around October,if it does die down,  this thing may make a comeback in the fall if there is not a vaccine by then.  (Which is most likely the case).

I said last month that I think we will still be social distancing and have something similar to what we’re currently in as we head into 2021. 

Until they find a viable vaccine that can be mass produced — this isn’t going to get better. And I don’t think they will have one until this time next year at the earliest.

Hot spots will continue to pop up. We’re staring down the very real position that hundreds of thousands of Americans don’t live through this. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 5:22 AM, Ryan4VT said:

I said last month that I think we will still be social distancing and have something similar to what we’re currently in as we head into 2021. 

Until they find a viable vaccine that can be mass produced — this isn’t going to get better. And I don’t think they will have one until this time next year at the earliest.

Hot spots will continue to pop up. We’re staring down the very real position that hundreds of thousands of Americans don’t live through this. 

well it now looks like we will have  a vaccine by fall and several other meds to treat this virus in  the early stages also now so we have hope which is what we all need to hang on to. and now it looks like then numbers are not going to be in the hundreds of thousands of americans and others lost but less. but even one person lost is too many. we all need to stay together and keep praying for each other and hang on to the thought and fact that this will very soon. god keep each and every one of you and your loved ones safe until we start again. mark pruett. graham high school class of 73

5 hours ago, ghs73 said:

well it now looks like we will have  a vaccine by fall and several other meds to treat this virus in  the early stages also now so we have hope which is what we all need to hang on to. and now it looks like then numbers are not going to be in the hundreds of thousands of americans and others lost but less. but even one person lost is too many. we all need to stay together and keep praying for each other and hang on to the thought and fact that this will very soon. god keep each and every one of you and your loved ones safe until we start again. mark pruett. graham high school class of 73

Luckily most Americans have heeded warnings and orders and have flattened the curve a little. 

Im still skeptical that we will have a mass vaccine in the fall. I could see a treatment like remdisivir or something like that. But not a vaccine.

Hope everyone is saying safe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 4:55 PM, Ryan4VT said:

Luckily most Americans have heeded warnings and orders and have flattened the curve a little. 

Im still skeptical that we will have a mass vaccine in the fall. I could see a treatment like remdisivir or something like that. But not a vaccine.

Hope everyone is saying safe. 

well it is looking like late fall to early jan for a vaccine. I have confidence we will have it along the other treatments that do work like hydro chloroquine and zpack all of these will help in the fight.

2 hours ago, ghs73 said:

well it is looking like late fall to early jan for a vaccine. I have confidence we will have it along the other treatments that do work like hydro chloroquine and zpack all of these will help in the fight.

Hydrochloroquine didn’t help even 1%. It did nothing. They just released a study about it. 

I don’t anticipate any of the new treatments effectively stemming the movement of the virus into all areas of the country.  We’re going to see a lot of death before things get better.

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Hydrochloroquine didn’t help even 1%. It did nothing. They just released a study about it. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32205204/

This study from France seems to dispute that finding. I think the earlier in the illness receive the treatment the better the outcome. I saw an interview with French physician.