Honest Answers

SXSW

I've always been such a sports fan,and I never would have in a million years thought I'd say this,but while this pandemic is rough,it's actually been in some ways a blessing to me. It's given me time to set aside worldly matters (other than work of course),and focus on my faith and my family. It's made me realize what matters most and really just how trivial sports are when you compare them. My relationships have strengthened,and I've enjoyed and absorbed the meaningful conversations that we should have been having all along.

I would have to say yes. I would have liked to have seen how the NCAA and hs basketball tourneys in WV and VA would have played out this year, but if it means the difference in life and death of just one individual, I can do without. I sure hope this mess is cleared up by football season.

I miss not having the NCAAT, and MLB. In my uneducated, hillbilly opinion....IF....we can come up with a viable, widely available treatment (not vaccine, which is probably a year away) that works really well for most cases, we could regain some sense of normalcy. Depending on when that might happen, we might see an abbreviated MLB season, possibly an 8 team NBA playoff, and perhaps even a normal football season, although I would expect that these games would likely be played without spectators.  

6 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Right now I would welcome just about any sport  to take my mind off the horrible stories related to the Coronavirus for a couple of hours. 

You should try being the one who has to write the stories for the news every single day.... 

As much as y’all are tired of hearing it — it’s literally what we HAVE to see at work. We don’t escape it. Ever. We are all burnt out and we are just in the infancy of this virus. 

15 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You should try being the one who has to write the stories for the news every single day.... 

As much as y’all are tired of hearing it — it’s literally what we HAVE to see at work. We don’t escape it. Ever. We are all burnt out and we are just in the infancy of this virus. 

At times like this, I need to step back and remind myself that people like you Ryan, medical personnel, police, firemen, grocery personnel are on the front lines in this war.  Admiration and respect for all who are making a difference for the rest of us.  

God bless!!!

7 hours ago, tbgfan said:

At times like this, I need to step back and remind myself that people like you Ryan, medical personnel, police, firemen, grocery personnel are on the front lines in this war.  Admiration and respect for all who are making a difference for the rest of us.  

God bless!!!

Those others you list have it far worse than I do. They’re out there putting their lives on the line to help others. I’m just writing about them. 

14 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Those others you list have it far worse than I do. They’re out there putting their lives on the line to help others. I’m just writing about them. 

Absolutely, the others I listed are the front-line defenders.  

On 4/2/2020 at 8:03 PM, Ryan4VT said:

Don't forget Corrections Officers. Dangerous enough as is and now we have this:(