An article about high school football history pioneers

Bluefield researcher

I just really enjoy the challenge. I actually did not know about this and was not contacted. Tim Hayes pointed it out to me. The interesting thing is that while I know a lot about Virginia High School football and her history I know much more about WV high school football history. One because I have been researching WV much longer and Two) there is much less to learn because of the smaller population. I still have a long ways to go before I can claim to be an expert or THE AUTHORITY on Virginia high school football. If I had to do one thing over in hindsight I would do Virginia research first because when I started Marshall Johnson was still alive. By the time I really got into Virginia he had passed and all I have is his scattered notes and notebooks. BTW. There are literally dozens of notebooks by Marshall Johnson containing Virginia High School basketball history and scores. I know where they are.

Congratulations, Rick!!  It is so awesome that we have such an amazing source for high school sport history right here on this forum!!!  I am very thankful and grateful that you are here and share your knowledge with all of us.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that this little forum covering sports in southwest Virginia and southern West Virginia would have such an outstanding gentleman in it's presence. 

Well done, good Sir!!